Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

July 29 Update Notes

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-july-29

On the 29th of July 2021, starting from 8:00 CEST (28th of July, 11 PM PDT), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.36.8279

List of Update 0.36.8279 Changes

New PvE Missions

In this update, we are adding five new regular PvE missions, all of them taking place in the desert environment of the Suez Canal. These maps are called:

• Desert Strike
  • Desert Saber
  • Desert Path
  • Desert Fox
  • Desert Viper

You can read more about them in our dedicated article.

PvE Updates

In light of introducing numerous changes to game balance in the recent updates and thus changing the balance of our PvE modes, we have taken steps to adjust the mode in general. Specifically:

• We changed the composition of all PvE spawns in regular PvE missions as well as Special Operations. The amount of AI Light Tanks was somewhat reduced in favor of more AI MBTs and TDs. This change does not affect the actual amount of AI vehicles per mission, only their composition
  • We lowered the Tiers of AI vehicles in the Special Operations mode of Tier 6 and lower, making these missions easier for newer players

Please note that the list is not final, we continue to review PvE mode results for future updates.

Objective Window Overhaul

We have overhauled the objective window in the PvE mode. This window now not only fits the overall UI style, replacing the obsolete one, but also is more informative and features small animations to notify you of any changes.

Merc on Vacation

We’ll be launching a special free summer event in the near future, in which you’ll be able to win decals, camouflages, base paint and an epic avatar. Stay tuned for more info.

General Changes

• Famine Special Operation: Fixed an issue where the convoy protection objective sometimes wouldn’t appear if players didn’t progress enough with the Warship fixing objective
  • Famine Special Operation: Fixed an issue where firing at the gate would produce a placeholder text in the damage table
  • Mechanized Infantry sounds are no longer louder than PvE character dialogues
  • The gas turbine engine sounds aren’t as loud anymore
  • Fixed an issue where bases wouldn’t appear on the Ghost Field map
  • Fixed an issue where the aim lock feature wouldn’t work with some targets
  • Fixed several smaller vehicle model issues
  • Fixed several smaller UI issues

The PvE changes sound pretty stupid honestly. Light tank bots aren't particularly spammy or problematic right now, but more TDs will lead to more T-15/Termi bots showing up which IS problematic.

The problem with low tier Spec Ops is never in the difficulty, but rather the long queue times and tiers 5-6 getting uptiered into 7-8 games.

Spoiler

well if stuff like the terminator, mephisto, wiesel etc being properly labelled as AFV then there wouldnt be any issues

58 minutes ago, ninja474 said:

well if stuff like the terminator, mephisto, wiesel etc being properly labelled as AFV then there wouldnt be any issues

I would say Terminator line should be labeled as MBT

5 hours ago, Haswell said:

Light tank bots aren't particularly spammy or problematic right now, but more TDs will lead to more T-15/Termi bots showing up which IS problematic.

The problem with low tier Spec Ops is never in the difficulty, but rather the long queue times and tiers 5-6 getting uptiered into 7-8 games.

More bot MBTs will make flanking more important, especially with a squishy. The problem is all those linear maps where there's no space to go around.

Specops tiers are already pretty long T7-T8 during weekday evenings in NA.... to the point where I've never really tried getting into a SpecOps queue at T5-T6, because if I wait that long to play a long match I might as well get all the credits/XP from a T8 vehicle rather than a T6.  On the other hand, now that I need to grind my T72B to get to a qualifying Storyline MBT, it might be worth it for a few tries. 

DVC, QR

22 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

On the other hand, now that I need to grind my T72B to get to a qualifying Storyline MBT, it might be worth it for a few tries. 

IIRC, Spec Ops is a terrible way to grind.  The rewards (both XP and credits) are not commensurate with the effort and/or time involved.

Last I knew, it was PvP for XP and PvE for credits.  Provided, of course, that you're able to play while PvP is active.  That's roughly 7:00 am to 1:00 pm for me, so not really viable even if I wanted to play PvP (which I don't).  That said, if you stack a couple of boosters and an insignia on top of Premium time you can grind just using PvE pretty effectively.  You should be able to completely grind a T-72B in like... 20-25 missions?