Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

[NEWS] SH speedrun contest

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/contest-spirithaven-speedrun

As its name suggests, the goal is actually very simple – gather a full team of five players and beat the Spirithaven Special Operation missions on the Extreme difficulty (using Tier 9 or Tier 10 vehicles) as fast as you can.

Here’s how you can participate:

• Assemble a team of five players (you included and form a platoon)
  • Play the Spirithaven Special Operation and record your time until May 17, 23:59 CEST
  • Submit the result (along with a replay of your attempt) to the dedicated contest channel on Discord (make sure you read the detailed rules below)

There will be four winning teams in this event (one per each of four Spirithaven missions). Each winning team will receive the following prizes:

• Type 90 Tier 7 Premium MBT for the entire team (or its price in Gold)
  • Access to the upcoming Enigma’s Legacy Battle Path for the entire team

Please note:

• Only one submission per team and per mission will be accepted (one team can therefore submit up to four results, one per each Spirithaven mission)
  • Team composition cannot change and are considered locked from the moment of the first submission
  • Any changes in composition of a locked team will lead to the affected submissions being disqualified (if a team submits the first result and then replaces one team member and submits another one, only the first submission will be accepted)
  • Individual players who are already locked in one team cannot participate in this contest as a part of another team, such an attempt will lead to the entire new team’s disqualification (when in doubt, team leaders are advised to make sure their members are not locked with another team already by checking the previous submissions)
  • Each team must choose a name and elect its leader, who will be responsible for submitting any results (submissions from other team members will not be accepted) with the first submission defining both and any other submissions having to include them
  • Each submission must therefore include: Team Name, Team Leader Name, Team Members, Result Screenshot, Result Replay (from any of the team’s members)
  • Should two or more teams achieve the same time, the earliest submission takes precedence
  • One team can only win in one category
  • All submitted battles must take place between the publication of this article and May 17, 23:59 CEST

I'm definitely interested in this, it would be a lot more interesting than farming Leviathan over and over again.

LF team, I charge 5 headpats per hour.

Spoiler

So it's basically a 5*T15 contest I guess? Or is there even a better combination?

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

• Team composition cannot change and are considered locked from the moment of the first submission
  • Any changes in composition of a locked team will lead to the affected submissions being disqualified (if a team submits the first result and then replaces one team member and submits another one, only the first submission will be accepted)

I guess the team composition doesnt affect the vehicles you use ? Changing vehicles between chapters.

I got into a team already, sorry. :c

There are still no entries so far, so I urge people to just round up 4 others and try for the speedrun anyway. Remember, any one team can only win in one chapter, so if there are only 4 teams total everyone wins. That's 20 different winners.

Spoiler

people are prolly waiting for the last day to post and saving their replays, possibly even doing it over and over to see if they get better times

On 5/16/2020 at 5:11 AM, TekNicTerror said:

people are prolly waiting for the last day to post and saving their replays, possibly even doing it over and over to see if they get better times

I'd like to see them implement a requirement that contest entries be posted within 24 hours of their completion or they're invalid.  Saving everything to post until the last day is extremely annoying.

In an car race no one would stop to try when they get a good qualifying lap, they keep trying until the allowed time elapses. As here is forbidden to submit more then a result why to do it early if there is a chance to do even better later?

It is a deliberate design decision that makes to submit the result at the last possible moment the best strategy, it works like a blind auction ( I don't know if i name it properly) when different contractors submit a secret offer and the best one is picked, the result is uncertain until the end.

Allowing to submit more results it would have been more like a regular auction, where everyone knows what is the higher bid and can bid more money or the qualifying lap of the car races where every pilot knows the results of the other pilots and try to make better.

Also giving let's say 24 hours to submit a result would have been an interesting choice, where the teams have to "fight vs themselves", evaluating if they possibly do better or if it is worth it to submit a good result, denying the chance to improve it later.

To save the recordings of 4 games is not annoying, is a very simple thing to do, what can be annoying is that you don't know how you did compared to the other teams before submitting your result as probably who has done it early will be outclassed by some others that will do it at the last possible moment.

Big RIP to "Armata need buffs" team for getting a time that had potential to win on Chapter 2, only to be beaten by Haswell's team by 1 second.

Haswell's team also had the best time for Chapter 3 (which had a huge margin compared to the 2nd place) and they wanted to use that as their winning score, but their Chapter 2 time got counted instead because results were judged in chapter order.

aMcZOFg.png