Sign in to follow this  
Qbicle

October 1 Update Notes

Source:

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-october-1

Al Dabbah PvP Map

The Al Dabbah desert PvP (Random Battles) map is now available. Conquer the dunes of Sahara in an epic battle for one of the last remaining power plants and water purifiers on the river Nile. The map comes in two modes – Standard and Encounter. Read more in our dedicated article.

Battle-Hardened Improvements

Battle-hardened vehicles now have preferential Matchmaking. They will no longer encounter vehicles two Tiers higher in any of their battles. This will allow for more comfortable gameplay with this feature unlocked.

General Changes

• All sorts of Inventory items that were previously impossible to get rid of can now be sold for 1.000 Credits each
  • Tier 7 to 10 vehicles had their HESH (HEP and PISH) shell characteristics adjusted
  • Some vehicles still had HEAT and HEAT-MP shell damage bonuses even after their removal in Update 0.33, this has been fixed (Leclerc Prototype, NM142, Zubr PSP, C1 Ariete, Griffin 120mm, M1134, Т-72B3, QN-506 and PL-01)
  • BMPT series vehicles with twin autocannons now fire their guns simultaneously (two rounds per cycle)
  • Fixed an issue where destroyed ERA modules would appear as intact on the BMPT series and Bradley FV
  • Centauro 120: Fixed the incorrect HE damage
  • Leopard 2A5: Improved this vehicle’s visual quality and fixed some model issues
  • M60-2000 Neon: Fixed the armor of this vehicle
  • River Point: Fixed the grass that disappeared in the last update
  • Fixed an UI issue where a longer player nickname wouldn’t fit its tile on the PvE loading screen
  • Fixed an issue with team tab color settings in the match result window
  • When you run out of ammo and replenish it, the weapon will now be loaded with the last used type of ammo
  • Fixed the Ready Rack issue that allowed vehicles to fire faster than intended on the Alabino Proving Grounds map
  • Added a number of assets for future events to the game
  • Fixed a number of small visual model issues

Looks like high tier HESH and PISH are getting a nerf again (understandably, but hopefully not by too much like how they used to do with PISH balancing in the past).

After initial response and saying they won't add Battle Hardened preferential MM, they're now going to implement anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BMPTs are getting simultaneous firing back on the twin autocannons, but there's still no mention of different RoF between BMPT 2000's AP and HE rounds (I reported this way back in PTS1).

----

BTW when did tanks start firing ATGMs again? Was this from Sept 24's patch? I'm pretty sure that they were not supposed to use them at 0.33's launch, yet it's going back to 0.32 status in that aspect.

• Upvote 1

aMcZOFg.png

iCVZeni.png

@Silentstalker I thought the BH changes got shelved for the better, why bring it up again now?

11 minutes ago, Qbicle said:

BTW when did tanks start firing ATGMs again? Was this from Sept 24's patch? I'm pretty sure that they were not supposed to use them at 0.33's launch, yet it's going back to 0.32 status in that aspect.

Yes.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Haswell said:

@Silentstalker I thought the BH changes got shelved for the better, why bring it up again now?

I still haven't seen anything about how they are going to treat BH for tier 9 and 10 vehicles if they do it.  Not having to deal with a +2 as a tier 10 makes BH kind of pointless.

• Upvote 1

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

4 hours ago, Haswell said:

Because the developers (not us, so pls no haet) decided that the income from additional sales was worth the fallout.

2 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Because the developers (not us, so pls no haet) decided that the income from additional sales was worth the fallout.

What would pref matchmaking mean for Tier 9 and 10? FOr 9 does it just mean that the matchmaker would pair it more often with tier 7-9's? And what about 10's?

3 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

How does this work for the 9 and 10's then?

There seems to be a lot of wanting to accept fallout for something on their end.

3 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

I still haven't seen anything about how they are going to treat BH for tier 9 and 10 vehicles if they do it.  Not having to deal with a +2 as a tier 10 makes BH kind of pointless.

BH is really just a different kind of Premium vehicle.  The preferential treatment in the matchmaker is hardly the main reason that you would BH a vehicle.

Also, as already noted (and depending on the time of day you play), preferential treatment might never happen anyway.  The matchmaker will discard preferential treatment in order to get you into a match, so if you're queuing for over a minute for something (IIRC) you're not getting your preferential treatment anyway.

Where it can be nice, at least in PvE, is at Tiers 7 and 8 during off hours so that you don't end up facing Tier 10s in your Tier 7.  The rebalance has also helped with that, but every little bit of help we can get for Tier 7s is a good thing.  (If you pay for it, that is.)

16 hours ago, Qbicle said:

Indeed bots play on some elder scrolls code again - they enjoy driving backwards, they fie ATGM and they snapshot, dealing instant super-accuracy hits. 

In whole context of ATGM I am not sure if Merkava ever stopped, and I won't exclude that the spamming non-zero chip damage is something sweet and rewarding to their artificial brains (developers did say somewhere that it will be no chip damage in pve in patch notes too, i want to believe in that too).

22 hours ago, Qbicle said:

Looks like high tier HESH and PISH are getting a nerf again (understandably, but hopefully not by too much like how they used to do with PISH balancing in the past).

They nerfed the post spalling splash/cone for PISH and HESH shells they tend not to critically damage multiple modules and crew now, requires more pin point aim to splash modules now.

Yeah they brought back ATGM spam, Merkava's, Type-99s all now do chip damage especially that ready rack on the Merkava's.    

9 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

They nerfed the post spalling splash/cone for PISH and HESH shells they tend not to critically damage multiple modules and crew now, requires more pin point aim to splash modules now.

Yeah they brought back ATGM spam, Merkava's, Type-99s all now do chip damage especially that ready rack on the Merkava's.    

Funny thing to note about that, first iteration of those patch notes DIDN'T say it was only 105mm HESH/PISH, now it does say it's 105mm HESH/PISH. I think they left the 140mm PISH on the Chally 2 ATDU alone, but I'm not entirely certain. I did play a round with it post-patch in GLOPS and seems to perform the same pre-patch but it was only a single game, would have to do more before making a proper judgment.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:40 AM, Silentstalker said:

Interesting, is this a developer or operator/publisher decision? I know you've been screaming at them that it's a retarded idea, this makes me think the rifts between devs/publisher/operator/community are growing bigger and bigger.

In case people missed it the last time, the BH changes were already discussed to death and people generally agreed that it's bad.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:00 PM, dfnce said:

In whole context of ATGM I am not sure if Merkava ever stopped, and I won't exclude that the spamming non-zero chip damage is something sweet and rewarding to their artificial brains (developers did say somewhere that it will be no chip damage in pve in patch notes too, i want to believe in that too).

The initial 0.33 update removed the missile spam from MBTs, this got reverted (and undocumented) in the Sept 24 update.

The missile spam is now particularly annoying due to the all the MBTs having massively buffed RoF and penetration. Even if they don't penetrate you, they will pop your APS and apply chip damage as fast as they can reload. Merks, 99 series, Oplot, they will all chip you to death.

I wonder if bots feel rewarded by the chip damage.

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Haswell said:

Interesting, is this a developer or operator/publisher decision? I know you've been screaming at them that it's a retarded idea, this makes me think the rifts between devs/publisher/operator/community are growing bigger and bigger.

In case people missed it the last time, the BH changes were already discussed to death and people generally agreed that it's bad.

Not really. It's always been like this, sort of. It's a complicated topic that I can't really discuss.

21 hours ago, Haswell said:

The initial 0.33 update removed the missile spam from MBTs, this got reverted (and undocumented) in the Sept 24 update.

Yeah, the missile spam from MBT's is getting annoying.  Watching someone get chipped away by a Merk 4M or a Type 99 is kind of a kill joy to watch much less have it happen to you.