RedSox04

Gane is on my hard drive twice!

After the recent update, I seem to have 2 folders with the game. The older one has nothing dated beyond April 30th so is it ok to delete this? It's using 34 gb on my SSD and I can really do with getting the space back. The newer one is 36 gb.

Probably most of the space used are the old game recordings, if you play a lot they build up and take a lot of space and for the old ones probably it is even impossible to use them as updates can have created an incompatibility with the present engine, as they are not video recordings, but they use the game engine to play a battle recorded.

So I suggest you to routinely delete the recordings you are not using any more, probably if one is useful you have already analyzed it. I do it almost each month as I use a solid state HD that is not very recent so has not a lot of storage space, If you delete the whole folder be aware that you possibly delete also screenshots and maybe you wnat to take them as they occupy much less space, you can also back up them in some other storage device freeing your main HD space.

In the my.games launcher settings, you can delete unused gamefiles (mostly patches). Got to settings, then tab "Games and downloads". There you can delete the patches. Regarding the folder, maybe first just copy it to a new location and see if the game still works. If it does you can delete it, otherwise put it back.

A big factor to disk space are as well replay recordings. So you might want to delete those too

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg