Sign in to follow this  
Beady_Eyed_Bob

I need some new non-spec ops pve maps...

I'm getting tired of AW.

I play pve almost exclusively, with a few forays into spec ops pve.

It seems like it's been 2 years since I've seen a new map in non-spec ops pve.

I feel better now.

Beady Eyed Bob.

It is true that new maps are not added since a long time, but is also true that the AI scripts of the bots has been changed quite often in some missions recently, and the same map has a new flavor if the enemies spawn in different places and behave differently.

PvE anyway is somehow the most boring mode as it is the most predictable, once you know a mission the enemy spawn and behave pretty much in the same way all the time, also adding new missions they will remain new only a little time.

If you feel bored you can play also the other modes, if you don't know them there is a lot to learn and are less predictable as the human players are less predictable. Or just take a pause, move to some other game, to shot at virtual tanks is not the only way we can have fun, then come back to the game, as it would be a pity to spend a lot of time to grind the lines and then waste all the work done. But usually after a pause something that had become boring has a new and fresh taste.

Or maybe play in tiers you don't usually play, and tanks you don't usually play, trying new tactics. The mode is very predictable, but we are humans so we can be a lot less predictable, even if most of us develops habits and tend to follow always the same known routes we can change and add flavor and variation to something that is always the same just changing our approach.

I hope it helps.

:winkseal:

I'm not much of a PVE player because the bots are too predictable and most standard PVE maps are way too easy in my opinion.

But I happen to enjoy Specops T10 way more because there are some more difficult maps when playing with randoms, such as SH ch. 4 or MC ch. 4. Tier 8 and below is a joke in my opinion. The only difficulty is to bring a dpm machine and point and click on red targets.

I played SH ch. 4 T10 two whole evenings with randoos before it got adjusted. I lost like 35 Battles while winning 2. But it was the first time I actually started to enjoy PVE. Winning the missions with randoms actually felt like an accomplishment. In my opinion PVE is simply too easy if you can get winrates of nearly 95-100% while playing with randoms on hardcore. Winning such a mission just doesn't feel like an accomplishment and that's the main reason PVE kind of seems to be frustrating for me as a random player just because it seems to be way too easy if you win all the time with ease. As well as @BumbaX said bots are simply stupid and predictable. The missions and the bot behaviour is not really random and therefore you've simply seen it all pretty quick. This is why I personally prefer PVP. We've got mostly 3 or 4 maps during an evening but most PVP battles are not the same even if they're fought on the same map, simply because humans are way harder to predict than bots. 

One PVE mode I really enjoyed as randoo player is Labyrinth on T10. But even this mode could be more difficult in my opinion. But if you happen to loose 2 teammates early on the battle actually starts to become interesting because you need to start using tactics and not just point and click.

But I really like the Specops stuff, it's the only reason I play PVE more or less regularly.

Problem I see with PVE is usually that the difficulty is achieved by only spawning some more bots or give them more HP. So the only thing you need to counter this is a dpm machine. Hence why I actually like maps like SH Ch. 4 with the lasers and bombs that force you to play actively and use your brain. And I hope that future PVE maps will be made more difficult or that they introuce new interesting modes such as Labyrinth.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

2 hours ago, TeyKey1 said:

I'm not much of a PVE player because the bots are too predictable and most standard PVE maps are way too easy in my opinion.

Thats why I alot of the time drag my arty into pve and go shotgun with it. Just remember to use triple repair kit, because the bots have tendency to target the arty before anything else in front of them.

Got some guys together and did a 5 x AS21 with double mortarcrew run in Spec Ops. Did all the chapters with the mortarcrews doing most of the damage. We did need to do some damage ourself to get things done within the time limits and ofcourse to get targets the crew couldnt handle. It was pretty fun to see 10 mortar crews constantly firing mortars on targets.

Dont mind some more new PVE maps, but personaly id like to see more GLOPS and PVP maps.

6 hours ago, Norse_Viking said:

Got some guys together and did a 5 x AS21 with double mortarcrew run in Spec Ops.

I've been wanting to try that, but haven't been able to get online when there are others around lately.  I like trying weird configurations like that.

Don't think I'd want to do it in Spec Ops, though, at least not until I've done SH4 a few times.  I still haven't done it because it sounds silly.

@TeyKey1 so you managed to do chap 4 with randoms, for me until now is only a row of lost games...:gruelsealk:

:snrk:

Also I find Labyrinth really fun to play and I think that to implement a better AI for the PvE regular missions should not be so difficult and the engine probably allows it. We have already missions where the cap points are different each time so  having randomly different spawn points for the bots, not spawning in the middle of the map and maybe right back of our tanks, but having some of them that defend the caps and others that come to flank us, but from one of 2 or 3 possible directions, starting from the edge of the map at each cap, would make the things less predictable and more interesting, surely not at the level of a game vs human players, but at least you don't know right at the beginning of the mission where the bots will be.

I feel that something has been already done as there has been a phase in which the difficulty increase has been only missile spamming, now there are less missile tanks, but some bot has a semi intelligent behavior, some even try to use some cover, while before their tactic was only a suicide rush spamming rockets. But I feel that a lot more can be done in that direction, the problem is that to rise the number of the bots and to give them cheating aiming capabilities (I saw a T15 firing missiles right from the belly as it was in an almost vertical position...) is much easier and less time consuming then write proper AI scripts for them.

I am not completely found of the way the last 2 Spec Ops  behave, i am talking of chap 4 of both. Surely it is challenging, but I think that it should be doable with random players without expecting a win rate of 5% or less if you are a good player, one that can carry almost alone a regular PvE mission. I am in a Battalion and I have no problems in doing it with my Battalion or with some other friends, but if Heroic is designed for platoons only the Spec Ops should be imho possible also with randoms. Maybe with a low win rate, I am not asking of a 90% one, but 5% or less is too low, 20-30% should be fine.

In platoon, with people you know and that can play together even the Heroic can have almost 100% win rate as you find a way to play each mission, but I sometimes like also to go with random players as I have more challenge and not knowing who I will find it is somehow less boring, even if some times can be a little upsetting when you are with players that have no idea about how to play.

Much like Norse_Viking, I had a thought of running spec ops at tier 5 in a group of (5) XM247's and do a bit of exploring.

In the American series tier 10 Spec Op's, I ran the first 2 chapters in a platoon like 10 times in a row.  I was so sick of those maps I don't think I ever play them again.  If the regular pve maps are predictable....

Maybe I'll look for a battalion to join.