Haswell

Attempts at Digital Camo (help wanted)

I'm terrible at visual art, but I like vehicles to actually look somewhat realistic. Here's what I have right now:

eHNRMhW.png

0AdaoMY.jpg

cvrwjfK.jpg

LEA0ams.jpg

I'm using the Drought camo color mapping for this, because it's free and easy for anyone to get through the Magach line. For the base paints I'm using Late Nato, Desert Wind and Steel. The shading looks a bit off, but I'm not sure how to describe it. A bit too dark maybe? Blocks are too big? Help and critiques are appreciated.

I haven't touched the UI icon yet, because this isn't final.

https://mega.nz/file/QcxDTZpD#U75Aqa8KpcWPrVh9DAI_K7jnGQAwJPfon_0l6yc4Rm0

Installation notes:

1. Ready your loose files for modding (as outlined in the modding guide)
  2. This mod replaces camo_camo_dealer_is_01.dds under gamesdk\objects\vehicles\textures_universal\camo_paint\camo_textures. Backing up the files is recommended.
  3. Unzip the downloaded contents into the game directory, replace the files you've already backed up.

Spoiler

Skins are possible, but I haven't had much luck in modifying them yet because I can't figure out how to merge the mipmaps back together.

@Sebastian_Grimm might know more about this.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Haswell said:

Skins are possible, but I haven't had much luck in modifying them yet because I can't figure out how to merge the mipmaps back together.

@Sebastian_Grimm might know more about this.

I seem to remember, when you make the largest map texture for something, you can save it as a dds (using a Photoshop plug-in for example), you can tick a box, and it will generate all the smaller resolution (mip)maps for you, in the .dds file. Without you doing anything.

Although it's been a long time.:-)

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."