Sign in to follow this  
Baron_Georg

all about the cash I don't understand

clearly I don't understand.  today there was a +30% credit event going on.  add to that a +50% boost that I used.  standard account no premium time.   14 total games played, two losses, tier 9 leo, 149 K cash made.  payouts as follows (sorry I didn't record the mission) --  36, 77, 58, 84, 76, 35, 108, 33, 91, 83, 146, 94, 99, 41K  total 149.  in most matches I was lowest man in damage in a platoon with my battalion mates.  thought it should be more as I have seen people make the same amount of cash in one game.  so which is it   30% + 50%,  30% * 50%   or 50% of 30% or something else entirely.  No I can't figure this out by my self I have no clue as to how.  maths not my thing.

Event bonuses, boosters and insignias fall under major bonuses, and they get multiplied by each other. The formula is as follows:

net total credit = (total performance * total minor bonus multipler * total major bonus multiplier) - total expenses

total minor bonus multiper = 1 + additive sum of all minor bonus multipliers

total major bonus muliptier = product of all major bonus multipliers

In the case of a +30% credit bonus event and +50% credit booster running together, you get a partial total multiplier of 1.3 * 1.5 = 1.95. This then continues to get multiplied by any remaining major bonus multipliers.

Different maps have different objective bonus multipliers (which fall under major bonuses), which is why some maps are simply more profitable than others.

Spoiler

Also premium time gives a big advantage, even more if combined with boosts, event bonus and insigna, the premium time alone is a 100% multiplier, while the event and booster stacked was only 95%, you would have gained more with PT alone in not event times, and using the boost in your free day/week of PT in the event the multiplier would have been very close to 4x instead of the very close 2x you got.

if you factor in that the mission costs are fixed, as independent from boosters, but can vary if you don't use any consumable but the free ones or if you do, as oil, energy drink and rebuild kit cost credits as well as respawning the more high are the mission costs and the lower is the credits reward before they are applied the more a high percentage of what you gain is used to cover the mission expenses. If you gain 100 and spend 40 at the end you get 60, while with PT you would have gained 200, spent 40 and end with 160 more in your pocket, so almost 3x even if the multiplier was only 2x.

I don't know how many consumables you was using, imo without PT the less the best, even if the Rebuild Kit is always worth to have, even if a little more cautious way to play then usual make possible to use it in fewer missions. I also don't know how well you performed, but as you say that you was often the lowest damage dealer in your platoon I can assume that, compared to the party quality, you was not performing in an outstanding way.

Also the mission multiplier, as @Haswell tells, is really important as for credits can go from the lowest multiplier of 11 in Ricochet to the highest that is 22.02 in Leviathan.

All those factors summed together can explain why you earned so low compared to some results you see posted, a player that performs very well on a high paying mission while he have also PT active and maybe 1 or 2 boosters and an insigna can gain a lot of credits in a single match, even more if he uses a premium tank. I have very few premium tanks with high tier, but with a good game in a good mission and PT active i can farm up to 0.5M credits, even more if an event bonus is active, much more if i use also boost and insigna. With a progression tank of the same tier and no PT active I can only dream about it, even if possibly i gain some more credits then you, but any way not so much more.

This only to add a little more perspective to the raw explanation of the multipliers given in the post above.

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Baron_Georg said:

14 total games played, two losses, tier 9 leo, 149 K cash made.  payouts as follows (sorry I didn't record the mission) --  36, 77, 58, 84, 76, 35, 108, 33, 91, 83, 146, 94, 99, 41K  total 149.  in most matches I was lowest man in damage in a platoon with my battalion mates.  

The game makes distinction to what tier/class you deal damage. Higher tier MBT paid better vs same/lower tier AFV.  

Non-free consumables or kits, respawns are now major contributor to reduce income (when play without prem), even in the case of "team" victory, their usage can drop player profit almost to zero. 

In general, i suggest study of results present in last page of mission report and what happens with them, where multiple elements of gameplay results listed - mission and secondary completion tasks, damage dealt (splitted to tier categories), damage assist, mission base multuplier, and like i wrote above, consumables make final cut from payout.

Agreed, my previous example in case of high cost of mission due to respawn and consumables would have been

no PT: 100-80=20 almost nothing

PT: 200-80=120 at least something, and 6 times more. 

To earn without PT the mission costs should be kept at minimum.

@Haswell   how does 30% and 50 %  turn into 1.3 and 1.5 respectively.  shouldn't it be .3 and .5  asks the math idiot?

@-anybody else commenting--   how do you justify running PT when you only play 2 to 4 hours total a day.  should I just run PT on the day I get it from the log in bonus or the day after.  I have no $$ to spend on the game at all so buying PT or stuff is a non starter.

6 hours ago, Baron_Georg said:

how does 30% and 50 %  turn into 1.3 and 1.5 respectively.  shouldn't it be .3 and .5  asks the math idiot?

Let's say you get 10000 credits before any multipliers.

If you have a +30% bonus active, then you get 10000 + (10000 * 0.3) = 13000.

The above equation can be reduced to 10000 * 1.3 = 13000

6 hours ago, Baron_Georg said:

how do you justify running PT when you only play 2 to 4 hours total a day.  should I just run PT on the day I get it from the log in bonus or the day after.  I have no $$ to spend on the game at all so buying PT or stuff is a non starter.

I only use the free 1d premium time once per week, when I'm running heroics so I can maximize my XP and credit income. All other times I play without premium time.

Spoiler

On 4/28/2020 at 9:09 PM, Baron_Georg said:

@-anybody else commenting--   how do you justify running PT when you only play 2 to 4 hours total a day.  should I just run PT on the day I get it from the log in bonus or the day after.

Possible way to spend one day prem is to play it in two time windows in two days. This gives +100% efficiency. Example - activate prem 08 PM , play your usual x hours, next day play before (08 - x) PM, enough to enjoy prem acc bonuses for two days.

Wait till you get cornered with need to a use 2 platinum boosts to level up your commander fast enough (and you need pay precious gold to activate second boost). Cheapest way would be activation of boost (and prem) in way they work on two days cycle.

If only you rely on free premium - maximize efficiency and stack it with everything (2 boosts and insignia). I also suggest observe periodic bonuses to things such as xp and credit boosts. It means not every weekend you should play with free prem.

activating 2 boosts is probably better, if gold is an issue (for me it is so), to use for the not free slot a lesser boost, as you spend less gold, but Premium Time + 1 Platinum Boost + 1 Gold or lesser Boost + Insignas gives anyway an huge total multiplier if also are played all the highest tier tanks only for the battle that has a first victory multiplier.

A Platinum Boost has an activation price of 100 gold, a Gold B. cost 50 and a Silver one only 25, the Gold Drill Master Boost gives anyway 50% more commander xp.

But one of the reasons why I had never had to buy gold, even if I used it to buy the Marder and to pay my battle path tokens is that I never use it for the premium slots or to buy the daily or weekly missions. Even without logging in every single day, so not always I get my free 10 gold/week I now have enough gold to buy me the access to the next battle path and probably after it I will have enough of it to buy me a T40, without spending any RL money for it.