Sign in to follow this  
Nekrosmas

Player being replaced by Bot for no reason (PvE)

We are running heroics chapter 3 normally, but then this happened.

One of our guys Azdule died, and randomly on our end a random duplicate of him (Which is treated by the game as a bot) spawned, while Azdule himself was unable to talk, unable to respawn.

Initially we thought he went AFK because apparently his tank is still there on our end, but that was apparently NOT the case.

Clip:

I apologize for the WT soundtrack, I was using Shadowplay and I completely forgot about it recording background sound (lol)

Spoiler

EHwxqNX.gif

What others see video -

What you can see when it happens: 

It was strange, I've encounted the bug a few times more recently - generally on respawn, but there isn't a single thing that links the games together - different tanks, different maps.  Maybe the same commander?  Kwon.

When it happens, from the players point of view - you get a semi realistic mode - nothing updates on minimap from the point of your death, no enemies have outlines or show on screen:

unknown.png

All damage after this point, is not counted towards your final score: 

image.png.a66b73333fc2b1a8f6ec17f6f3a85e8b.png

Edited by Azdule (see edit history)

Had this happen on 1st chapter of heroics - different commander, different tank:

unknown.png

I've encountered another instance of this happening. My observation is that this only triggers when someone dies and respawn, for whatever reason there is.

I've seperate the clip into 2 to give better context to what is happening:

Clip 1

As you can see in Clip 1, this Russian player I am following is playing perfectly normally - until he died in the town.

Then he respawns, and immediately 2 "clones" of himself is spawned, with him now actually in control of an un-named tank, while the one with his name on it and an extra one idle and doing nothing.

Later in the clip, you can see he is actually treated normally in game, and even capped a point. I suspect on his screen, he is seeing what Azdule reported above - as in, with no UI element and on other's perspective, with no name on top of you.

Clip 2

Continuing to Clip 2, you can see him continuing to the objective, but then after I switched the view back to myself, you can see on my end, I am seeing the bugged player as if he's a bot (With no name on top of his tank). Peculiarly, upon trying to switch back to the bugged player perspective, I can no longer see the perspective of the actual player, but instead the idle tank which apparently is treated by the game as "him" (When he's controlling the other tank as seen in Clip 1).

This has been a recurring bug for some time now, although no frequent is quite a game-breaking one and has some pattern to it (Only happens when respawning - however no one have figured how does it actually triggers it yet).

Spoiler

EHwxqNX.gif