Travlla

Name and Shame: WTF is wrong with people?

22 hours ago, SmegHedd117 said:

The topic is "Name and shame". You kids think that you can dictate to everyone how to play and treat those who don't play the way you want, like crap! That's the way y'all have treated me from the start. Because i snipe with MBT's and don't play the classes the way most of you DEMAND they be played. and when i voice my opinion in Discord, i got banned because the admins didn't like what i said, nevermind if i was correct or not. I have studied armor tactics for many years, and rushing straight into the teeth of enemy fire, and allowing yourself to be shot at, is just plain stupid, and i won't do it, at least not like you kids do. and yes, i say kids, because i'm 60 years old, and i'd say most of you are in your early twenties IF that.........

Take your meds, grandpa, and go back to bed. You know we can't let you out of the house unsupervised.

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, SmegHedd117 said:

The topic is "Name and shame". You kids think that you can dictate to everyone how to play and treat those who don't play the way you want, like crap! That's the way y'all have treated me from the start. Because i snipe with MBT's and don't play the classes the way most of you DEMAND they be played. and when i voice my opinion in Discord, i got banned because the admins didn't like what i said, nevermind if i was correct or not. I have studied armor tactics for many years, and rushing straight into the teeth of enemy fire, and allowing yourself to be shot at, is just plain stupid, and i won't do it, at least not like you kids do. and yes, i say kids, because i'm 60 years old, and i'd say most of you are in your early twenties IF that.........

Odd that I was in one match with you on your "Steam Account" (at least according to you in world chat) - in which you ran round the whole match, moaning about how bad all the team was - despite being less than 50 m from the AI at times you missed with every shot, in an AFV and never spotted anything - getting a whole 26 xp for the match - 0 damage, 0 spots

I was a squaddie for 24 years, Sapper to be precise, not so much studied tactics as spent years in Germany facing the "Warsaw Pact Horde" - working with Dutch, Danish, Belgians, US, Norwegian's and Italians - living the tactics.

After the end of the "Cold War" I worked with Polish, Hungarian, Czechoslovakian, Romanian and even Russian (ex Soviet era conscripts and officers) to get the perspective of the other side 

You know what - it all means diddly squat in Armoured Warfare  - A game loosely based on possible and impossible models of armoured vehicles from roughly 1950 onwards, which lacks pretty much all the modern implementation for war, barrages, obstacles, obstacle crossing, air power, proper infantry units, radio comms between subunits, distance - oh yes distance etc etc etc.

You always seem to equate a quick drop in game with pretty much zero attempt at realism but has visuals with the likes of "Steel Beasts" an actual military simulator (but does not look pretty) - Ah there's the magic bit - Simulator  as opposed to Game - then we have the likes of GHPC which is seeming to try and drop into the game between "Game" and "Simulator"

As I have told you before - play how you like just stop trying to justify it as "Playing the game tactically and properly" - Just say you play as you like and how you are comfortable and stop the bull. 

Edited by Tigger (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

What I find the most disturbing thing is this is going from 2020 (first post) till now (and yes been there, seen it, had same issues), and NOTHING has changed.

Some clans / battalions / players wont do secondary

Block your shot.

Push you (in the moment of firing)

Have the same language when you block obscenity in the chat (******************, you *****************, mother*********)

Are very goooood in kill stealing (but unfortunally in nothing else most of the times).

Don't shoot helicopters / pillboxes etc (simply don't count, so why should they)

Only use " high output" tanks. (spotting is for a pussy in a MBT).

Personally I see it day in day out and, but if the game mechanism does not change and keep them rewarded, nothing gonna change.(and personally..... cant blame them...they play in a " most effective"  attitude.)

Edited by ceejee007 (see edit history)

ScreenShot0083.thumb.jpg.dc763d4a3f7ed8f5615b233326bb497f.jpgScreenShot0085.thumb.jpg.596fa6672a655f272ef637e0e0c32017.jpg:a

Ladies and gentlmen, let me introduce you guys to this gem of a player [GTX69] sgtdalzell. Apparently he/she/it is of the opinion that the role of a MBT is to sit wayyyy at the back and provide supporting (questionable) fire. Because of this, the players who actually want to succeed in this mission are forced to take up frontline positions in paper tanks so as to soak up all of the damage for him/her/it so that he/she/it is able to be pampered all the way to the finishing line albeit being an MBT.

When called out for camping by another player, and requested by me to tank some of the incoming fire as I was on my last life, sgtdalzellrejoiced that his last remaining AFV was about to go down. As we headed further into this mission past the bridge, sgtdazell lamented that I was holding back and that he/she/it was hard carrying the team all these while. When I called him/her/it out for his/her/it's hypocracy, sgtdalzell then proceeded to push my Gepard around, trying as hard as he can to immobilise me on the map artifacts, but, like his erectile dysfunction, his determination was flacid and he gave up doing so in about a minute or so.

Naturally, I died shortly thereafter when a T-15 spawned.

That said, if you see him in game, please do not expect that he will help the team out. Like the coward that sgtdalzell is, sgtdalzell wants to be pampered to victory and will not hesitate to gaslight/grief you for your incompetence.

Thanks for your attention.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunally I see this kind of behavior almost every day in the games I play. Even if I have some understanding that more and more MBT are camping based on the huge amount of " ratatatatatat AFV / TD present" As MBT you are good to " eat the shells", but hardly can do a huge amount of damage and don't even think about making some kill's. The amount of kill stealers is becoming more and more (all based on the missions in the BP).

And in some perspective, I can understand this kind of gameplay (camping, kill stealing etc.), as mentioned before " the game mechanism does not change and keep them rewarded, nothing goanna change. (And personally..... can't blame them...they play in a " most effective" attitude)". 

But it is another issue is when the start to block you, push you in an immobilized position, ram you all the time in a game etc. Because they have huge ego's and when you call upon them, those poor souls are deeply hurt. Then they wish you all kind of diseases, going to do something with your mother etc. And reporting has no use. When you send a screenshot to support, they want the whole replay, and when you send the replay, they want the specific screenshot (together with all kinds of info of your pc processor, videoboard, memory etc. of which I really seen no use for....), and so I stopped reporting. Also due to the fact that some kind of player, in this case from a specific part of Europe was recently stating "This is a RU game, and they won't penalize RU players". (don't say / state that this kind of incorrect behavior is only the case regarding RU players, because I see more and more copy behavior from non-RU players). Simply because they / the game system doesn't act upon such behavior. And fully understand that the DEV's will declare it " complete nonsense", but as the game quote says is so nicely; "I have a bad feeling about this". 

So it is my opinion that I for the time being that this game is still alive, we have to deal with this kind of behavior, because personally I don't have the feeling that the DEV's / Moderators / Support or whoever going to do something about this kind of behavior of some kind of players and the game mechanism does not change (I have really no info about such kind of changes...) and this kind of gameplay keep them rewarded (really can't blame them...they play in a " most effective" attitude), so nothing goanna change. Then the only 2 options are remaining:

1) Accept it as it is. Try (when possible) to ignore it, and in my case, when It is way to much I leave the game, and when I will receive a ban because of " desertion" so be it.

2) Uninstall the game (as suggested by some moderator, if you don't like it then feel free to leave and let the door.....)

Personally, I went for option 1. But that kind of gameplay behavior made that I'm losing the fun in this game, play less and less and looking around for some other games. And as a overall result of this, I nowadays hardly invest money in this game.

Godspeed.

Edited by ceejee007 (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:55 PM, ceejee007 said:

What I find the most disturbing thing is this is going from 2020 (first post) till now (and yes been there, seen it, had same issues), and NOTHING has changed.

Some clans / battalions / players wont do secondary

Block your shot.

Push you (in the moment of firing)

Have the same language when you block obscenity in the chat (******************, you *****************, mother*********)

Are very goooood in kill stealing (but unfortunally in nothing else most of the times).

Don't shoot helicopters / pillboxes etc (simply don't count, so why should they)

Only use " high output" tanks. (spotting is for a pussy in a MBT).

Personally I see it day in day out and, but if the game mechanism does not change and keep them rewarded, nothing gonna change.(and personally..... cant blame them...they play in a " most effective"  attitude.)

Honestly I hate "min-maxers" or "meta slaves" who treat games like jobs and play for minimum effort, maximum reward...even if it means screwing over team mates, or playing in a manner that is not how the devs intended.

I know some people have a limited amount of time to spend playing video games (I am, in fact, one of those people) but I always try to play in the spirit of the game, using vehicles in their intended roles, as far as possible, completing as many objectives as possible and basically not being a douche to my team mates. If it means the grind takes a little longer, so be it.

IMHO its very telling about their character if they need a reward / incentive to play the game with a modicum of team spirit. 

On 7/20/2023 at 11:54 AM, ceejee007 said:

Unfortunally I see this kind of behavior almost every day in the games I play. Even if I have some understanding that more and more MBT are camping based on the huge amount of " ratatatatatat AFV / TD present" As MBT you are good to " eat the shells", but hardly can do a huge amount of damage and don't even think about making some kill's. The amount of kill stealers is becoming more and more (all based on the missions in the BP).

And in some perspective, I can understand this kind of gameplay (camping, kill stealing etc.), as mentioned before " the game mechanism does not change and keep them rewarded, nothing goanna change. (And personally..... can't blame them...they play in a " most effective" attitude)". 

But it is another issue is when the start to block you, push you in an immobilized position, ram you all the time in a game etc. Because they have huge ego's and when you call upon them, those poor souls are deeply hurt. Then they wish you all kind of diseases, going to do something with your mother etc. And reporting has no use. When you send a screenshot to support, they want the whole replay, and when you send the replay, they want the specific screenshot (together with all kinds of info of your pc processor, videoboard, memory etc. of which I really seen no use for....), and so I stopped reporting. Also due to the fact that some kind of player, in this case from a specific part of Europe was recently stating "This is a RU game, and they won't penalize RU players". (don't say / state that this kind of incorrect behavior is only the case regarding RU players, because I see more and more copy behavior from non-RU players). Simply because they / the game system doesn't act upon such behavior. And fully understand that the DEV's will declare it " complete nonsense", but as the game quote says is so nicely; "I have a bad feeling about this". 

So it is my opinion that I for the time being that this game is still alive, we have to deal with this kind of behavior, because personally I don't have the feeling that the DEV's / Moderators / Support or whoever going to do something about this kind of behavior of some kind of players and the game mechanism does not change (I have really no info about such kind of changes...) and this kind of gameplay keep them rewarded (really can't blame them...they play in a " most effective" attitude), so nothing goanna change. Then the only 2 options are remaining:

1) Accept it as it is. Try (when possible) to ignore it, and in my case, when It is way to much I leave the game, and when I will receive a ban because of " desertion" so be it.

2) Uninstall the game (as suggested by some moderator, if you don't like it then feel free to leave and let the door.....)

Personally, I went for option 1. But that kind of gameplay behavior made that I'm losing the fun in this game, play less and less and looking around for some other games. And as a overall result of this, I nowadays hardly invest money in this game.

Godspeed.

A lot of what you describe here is why I originally quit the game about 3 years ago. A mixture of toxic / selfish gameplay and seeing the meta shift so drastically from MBTs to autocannon and ATGM vehicles. I was trying to grind some Tier 9 & 10 MBTs and eventually just got fed up getting put in battles with multiple Griffins and other vehicles with ridiculous DPMs. Just felt like my only purpose was to catch shells while everyone else farmed the damage & kills (actually had fun).

Saw my fair share of idiotic players, but only ever reported 2 for griefing. Both with Russian usernames. Don't know if they actually got any kind of punishment and I don't think there is any way to check.

Anyway, I'm back and having fun at low tiers. Be interesting to see if I can get back to the high tier action before MailRU decide to shut down the servers.

Edited by dyrewolfe (see edit history)

On 7/11/2023 at 5:18 AM, SirPeanut said:

ScreenShot0083.thumb.jpg.dc763d4a3f7ed8f5615b233326bb497f.jpgScreenShot0085.thumb.jpg.596fa6672a655f272ef637e0e0c32017.jpg:a

Ladies and gentlmen, let me introduce you guys to this gem of a player [GTX69] sgtdalzell. Apparently he/she/it is of the opinion that the role of a MBT is to sit wayyyy at the back and provide supporting (questionable) fire. Because of this, the players who actually want to succeed in this mission are forced to take up frontline positions in paper tanks so as to soak up all of the damage for him/her/it so that he/she/it is able to be pampered all the way to the finishing line albeit being an MBT.

When called out for camping by another player, and requested by me to tank some of the incoming fire as I was on my last life, sgtdalzellrejoiced that his last remaining AFV was about to go down. As we headed further into this mission past the bridge, sgtdazell lamented that I was holding back and that he/she/it was hard carrying the team all these while. When I called him/her/it out for his/her/it's hypocracy, sgtdalzell then proceeded to push my Gepard around, trying as hard as he can to immobilise me on the map artifacts, but, like his erectile dysfunction, his determination was flacid and he gave up doing so in about a minute or so.

Naturally, I died shortly thereafter when a T-15 spawned.

That said, if you see him in game, please do not expect that he will help the team out. Like the coward that sgtdalzell is, sgtdalzell wants to be pampered to victory and will not hesitate to gaslight/grief you for your incompetence.

Thanks for your attention.

If I come across players like that (and I'm the only other player left) I generally go to the farthest corner of the map and just type stuff in chat until I get bored. If I'm pissed off enough I'll just AFK.

I refuse to help idiots like that. I'd rather taunt them and/or watch them flounder and fail.

Good effort at trying to carry your team btw. 👍 Your back must've hurt for a while after that one...

Oh boy have I got some naming and shaming to do after the last few days...

Firstly a couple of idiot team mates. I know it was only a Tier 2 battle, but how dumb can people be. Scenario was thus: end game on Roughneck map. 3 enemies were capping our base. I went over and began shooting at them. Destroyed 1 and got the other 2 pretty low on HP. All of a sudden a LAV 150 gets me in a cross fire from the chemical plant and evaporates about half my HP in a few seconds. I back down the slope out of the firing line and ping its location as it suddenly disappears from view, hoping my team mates would help me by getting rid of it.

What do they do? Absolutely fuck all...just sit in their positions like they're AFK (maybe they were).

What do I do? Just sit in place and allow enemies to cap our base. With hindsight I should have dived into the cap circle the moment the LAV started shooting me. I could have traded hit points with the cappers at that point, but my natural instinct was to take cover. Anyway, thanks team mates, for sod all...

597651295_T-55Roughneck(L).thumb.jpg.9886e7124545b31e67be6ca982ebdda0.jpg

Secondly, low-tier seal-clubbers. Way to screw the early game experience for newbies and returning veterans who just want to grind through the low tiers quickly. I appear to have lost the screenshot for the game, but this M51 player on the enemy team finished with 10 kills and barely took any damage - even though I hit him with a few shots (running mods / upgrades?).

Thirdly, thanks to the devs for shitty matchmaking, as evidenced by this brilliant game where over a third of my team did 0 damage. Always fun to have balanced games like this. Not the first and I know it won't be the last, but that doesn't make them any less frustrating.

1530602043_SKDSalzburg(L).thumb.jpg.4057eaaa2e70b698ec83fbb9ef251756.jpg

Thankyou to the devs for a second time, for introducing shitty, game-breaking autocannon vehicles with stupidly high DPM. I'm already wondering if I should just quit again, with even low-mid tier games being ruined by these abominations...

382389651_M60A1Cavalry(W).thumb.jpg.42a1bd2749f2fe0d63bcddbd6fa7c791.jpg

Another name and shame for the devs with more bullshit matchmaking. How the fuck are you supposed to win games like this? Another roflstomp over in minutes.

ScreenShot0001.thumb.jpg.39873d1536f3867b1b66055ae0b6d790.jpg

Oh, and another shoutout to dumbass team mates. This time the enemy team went for an early cap and no-one but me tried to do anything about it. Unfortunately I was in a slow-ass MBT and didn't make it in time. I swear the game is giving me teams that are 50% bots...

ScreenShot0000.thumb.jpg.d08c5723552638ada70abdf273532dec.jpg