Travlla

Name and Shame: WTF is wrong with people?

How did these clowns fail to T10? weak pricks, bad enough i have to grind thru  this truck in an mbt line, then get stuck with consciousness objectors in MBT's , at least i did some spotting when i drove into the middle of town, 

ScreenShot0567.jpg

ScreenShot0566.jpg

Edited by Travlla (see edit history)

T14 is a coward dog...:snrk:

I have to say that I have won sometimes that mission without any MBT or Ramka like tank in the party, but when you see the MBTs going very fast to the sniper positions on the hill at the beginning of the match you probably know in advance that the game is lost.

In such situation I had maybe won only one time, at least I can remember only it, but I was in a Murder, not in a Mephisto, and I had Erin as commander, I went to spot, was killed after some time, but i did respawn and the other squishy ones followed my example and made their part, I was lucky that was good players, then finally even the cowards in MBT joined to the party to help cap the town, when most of the work had been already done by us squishy, and at least was in the right place when we had to defend it.

But it is the only time i can remember, way better to be 5 with no armor but the will to fight and at least some part of the brain working then having a couple of MBT snipers, that in your case was not even good at that...

• Upvote 2

Just go over and join them, I'd rather just take a loss than be the spotter for a bunch of morons in mbt's who wont even go up to the front lines.

They'll either realize they'll get nothing to shoot if they don't move up and play right (if the other team mates join in on just sniping) or you'll get a loss quick and then get into another game.

Probably to do like them and wait for a quick loss is the wisest thing, as the chance to lose anyway is high, but I can not force myself to do it, I play for the fun and I have no fun if I don't do what I can to bring the party to the victory.

And if you are in a tank that can spot, so not a MGM and I would say also not a Mephisto, even if the Mephisto has the camo to do it, but in some good AFV or light tank with a good camo commander it can be very rewarding as you can farm a lot of spotting damage. I perfectly see the reasons why some MBT players that have no clue about how to play are scared of Harbinger, even with armor it is so easy to be wiped out fast at the beginning if you don't know how to use the terrain features and you over extend just a little, as you have the tanks near that house, but also others coming from the river, if there is not a good spotter on the hill to spot them and warn you, and the ones that come from the NE part of the map, so you have to face tanks that have cover while you are flanked from 2 sides. A player that does know how to play probably gets destroyed fast in his MBT every time he dares to do what actually an MBT is supposed to do, go forward and spot for the snipers on the hill, so they chose to become MBT snipers hoping that there is some other MBT that does the dirt work, and end to do it also when they are the only MBTs in the party.

But if with your squishy you go, start to spot, have at least part of the first swarm of enemies cleared there is a chance that they will follow you as the main problem that pushed them on the hill is already partially resolved. Most of the time you fail anyway, but doing it at least i can have some fun.

Never give up!:apseal:

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)

Partly an individual players mindset.

However mainly AW's fault. MBT's have been nerfed to not very good at all. Armour? Mainly rubbish. Reload times? Awful & way too slow. Mobility? Slow to crawling speed. All need massive buffs immediately. But promise me none of you will hold your breaths waiting for AW to ever take any positive & useful steps to fix this glaring balls up, for a TANK game....

AW BIKE.jpg

It can be somehow true at low tiers where the MBTs actually have big armor problems, and often a very long reload time with a relatively low alpha damage.

But from mid tiers, and way more at high tiers, I disagree. With the same MBT in the same mission is possible to be destroyed really fast and also to do little damage in the short time you survive, but also is possible to bounce a lot, having at the end of some games like 40-60k mitigated damage, not necessarily driving an ADTU or an Object 490, while doing a lot of damage. The reload gets shorter and the alpha higher, but also the HEAT rounds are very strong as well is strong to aim to the right points to trigger fires and ammo rack explosions. The ADTU has a very long relaod, but when the 25-30% of the damage you do is due to fires and ammo rack explosions (using the green ammo) you are perfectly fine with that slow reload. Using only the more user friendly AP and don't aiming for the right points to set fires and explosions the damage done is surely low.

The problem for the MBTs is completely on the player's side. When in a mission i see 2 players driving the same MBT and one do 30k damage and the other 12k it is very clear for me that the problem is only on the player side.

The MBT class is probably the easiest to play (PvE wise) after the TDs used as long distance snipers, where you have only to learn where to place your tank in each mission then do pigeon shooting all the time, but is good that at least needs some skill. Both to protect yourself, the armor is good only if you are able to use it properly, an offensively, you have slow reload, but big alpha using Heat and a good chance to ammo rack and damage components with AP and the green rounds. With most of the T10 MBTs is quite easy to ammo rack a T15 with 2 shots and to set fire to a Bradley or most LT with a single one, a little research with the armor inspector should teach how to any one that is willing to learn and improve, just as one of the many examples.

Imho MBTs with an armor that makes them almost invulnerable and a gun that has big alpha and pen while also reloading very fast would have been a very easy implementation for the novices, but also a boring and overpowered one.

About the mobility surely a Kornet is way faster then the MBTs, but when i drive some LT or even some AFV like the Griffin I am not running at the double of their speed, Sure with some MBT in GLOPS you need a lot of time to go to the opposite side of a map, specially if it is a large one, but I remember how when Balance 2.0 was introduced the T14 speed was buffed, it could go faster then many tanks of other classes, was fun to play, but i am happy that not is no more like this.

I feel that only at low tiers the MBTs are a weak class, slow, easily penned, low alpha and long reload, but from mid tiers on they start to become an interesting class, with its own power and that to shine needs at least some skills and an idea of how to play them. That is not climbing hills to snipe so the ones without armor have to do the dirt work for them.

I couldn't not post this. The worst abortion of a 10x10 glops game i have experienced.

Usual wtf are they doing, glops-Narrows idiocy, but it's half of the frigging team this time. Again after about 2 minutes.
.... at the end I drove face-first up to a concrete bunker in my vbl, and started shooting missiles into it at point blank range,
to try and kill myself.

Only 2 players including me got any cap points at all.
A platoon of our 2x T8 Marders came dead last. The Swingfire ... well the Swing's shit in glops, so i guess he has an excuse.
I wanted to weep blood by the end of it.
Just shoot me now.

EDIT:Well ... if we're naming n shaming ... ;->   :

Spoiler

the T8 Marder platoon was:
[lesFR]FATBOYS
[lesFR]nico40a

worst-glops.png

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

This is new, i just drove off the cliff without  firing a shot, mate in the Lec had a nap on the beach, they stayed up there the whole match, 

ScreenShot0570.jpg

ScreenShot0569.jpg

Oh havent played the Swing for ages, have to take it GLOPS today.

And i feel your pain here Lenticulas.

When things are this bad I just try to farm damage and kills. Or atleast prevent the other team from getting that 'dont lose more than 300 points achivement.'

26 minutes ago, Travlla said:

This is new, i just drove off the cliff without  firing a shot, mate in the Lec had a nap on the beach, they stayed up there the whole match, 

Pubbies are truly retarded.

I think I'll just move this thread out of the venting room and turn it into an official name and shame thread, so there aren't several dozen of threads saying the same thing over and over again.

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)

Spoiler

I played this mission few moments ago

ScreenShot0233.thumb.jpg.b8c3eb3ff181f13a22cc17cf838dbf01.jpg

Cap 1, I did most of the damage and took some damage myself as I was in the only active MBT, as the ADTU was playing behind me, the other players did something.

Cap 2, I drive immediately to defend it and the Chally? idle for some minutes at Cap 1, I had time to die and respawn on Cap 2, and I did die not so fast by the way, and he was still there. Ok, np, maybe he had an important telephone call...

Then he finally joined us on Cap 2, but instead of joining me to spot and defend it never passed the bridge focusing on farming damage instead of helping me tank.

Cap 3 begins, i disengage and drive to reach it while he and the T249 continue to focus on the remaining bots in Cap 2, the T249 die fast and don't respawn, he continues alone. I was lucky that the Anders went to help me and the arty was very good as support fire trough all the game, in 3 we managed to defend the Cap, even if at moments the bots was very close to capture it.

And the hero of the match, the ADTU? He manages to be killed by the couple of bots near cap 2 and respawn, immediately driving towards Cap 2 again!!!

:gruelsealk:

The Anders died and respawned, I died after some time and could no more spawn, but the arty and him was good so managed to hold the Cap for the remaining time and we won.

But I have seen few players less useful of that ADTU driver, that did not what an ADTU is supposed to do in that mission but was also focused only on farming some damage, few as you can see from the result, trough all the mission, to the point of driving to a Cap no more active and more far then the active one after being killed, even if at that moment the mission success was at least uncertain, in the moment that the party needed more his help.

I almost never call idiot other people in the chat, i hate toxicity in gaming, but I must confess that this time I made an exception. I also wrote "gg anders and arty" as they did well their part and without them I could not have carried that mission to the victory.

So this is both a post to shame and to praise.

@Travlla

so how do you play a support tank like say a tier 9 leo in that situation? (the first post Sat 2:35)  as a support MBT I find that I'm getting out ranged in vision by the bots and can easily loose 2/3 of hp without seeing what shot me from where.

Edited by Baron_Georg
left out important info (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Travlla said:

That's because on Leviathan you don't need to do anything but snipe the final cap.  None of the primaries or secondaries matter - just sit up there to shoot and keep the few bots that actually do shoot at the rocket busy long enough to kill them.

It's really a pretty stupid map.  Great rewards, but stupid.

1 hour ago, Baron_Georg said:

@Travlla

so how do you play a support tank like say a tier 9 leo in that situation? (the first post Sat 2:35)  as a support MBT I find that I'm getting out ranged in vision by the bots and can easily loose 2/3 of hp without seeing what shot me from where.

If your the the biggest or only MBT in the battle, you are not support, you will take damage, that is a given, cross the top bridge and use the lay of the land to protect you, sneak and peak, i believe it's better to try and die than sit back and do nothing and take a loss , i haven't played that map in a long time (besides Saturday x1) but i will take some heavies there and report back,

Yes on Leviathan a MBT will take some damage, that is sure.

A big help, and also an help in many other PvE missions, it to have a sight retrofit, to being able to spot who fires at you is way better then to have more dpm, mobility, repairing speed or whatever in many situations. On most of my MBTs for PvE i have the improved breach and the retro that gives 30m sight also while you are moving, then the 3rd and 4th ones can depend on the particular tank, ie in a tank that has very bad accuracy i can go for an accuracy retro, for others i push mobility, aim time or what I feel matters more for that particular tank.

Then crossed the bridge you have to spot for your mates on the hill the tanks at the middle, near that house, but also be aware that others will spawn from the NE corner of the map, and they will fire at you using the spotting of the ones near the house, but also some tanks will come from the river, if on the hill there is not a good spotter that spots them, maybe killing them but al least warning you if you watch at the minimap.

So it is all about avoinding to expose yourself too much when you spot, trying to be hulldown and to hide your LFP from the enemies near the house, while being fast to react as you are flanked by the other 2 spawns.

The Leo has a very good gun depression, try to use it to gain positions where you can shot and spot having some cover, with the russian tanks that lack of gun depression but have a different armor you probably have to try different ways to cover your weak spots. It is probably wise as soon as the tanks coming from the NE are spotted, or you begin to be shot by them not spotted, to drive some meters behind your previous position so you can orient your tank to be protected against them and not flanked while the terrain protects you against the ones near the house. not spotting any more the latter ones makes also your support fire on the hill focus on those that for you in that moment are the main treat.

But the best way to learn how to play a mbt in that mission is to use some recordings where players did well with them and see directly from their point of view what they did. That can teach you much more then what we can tell in a forum post.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Travlla said:

i believe it's better to try and die than sit back and do nothing and take a loss

That's the thing, though.  On Leviathan, and Leviathan only, you won't lose.  The bots are so stupid on that map that the whole team can hang out on either of the Arty hills and just plink away until the game ends.  There are a small handful of bots that will actually shoot at the rocket, but only a handful and not if there are any player vehicles detected.  You can deal with them easily from either of the Arty hills.  Most of the damage that the rocket takes is scripted when you fail a primary, but failing all of the primaries combined still isn't enough to destroy the rocket and cause the mission to fail.  (And even if it was, you'd only have to do one of them to avoid failing.)

This is true and is the reason why in that mission when you are the only one surviving at the end, but with low health, it is better to just hide in some place instead of trying to farm a little damage more as you risk to get destroyed so loosing and already won mission. the way at the end you can have many bots with perfect line of fire to the missile and no one of them shooting at it is retarded, but is also true that if all the bots would actually shot at it if there is no tank in their line of fire the mission would have been almost impossible for many teams, becoming something more similar to a Spec Ops Achievement then a regular PvE mission.

To exploit that and the fact that the primary objectives are optional to camp on the hill all the time can be done, but is not something I would personally do unless I am using an arty, that from there has a good line of fire on most of the Primary and can find a way also to shot to the bots near the rocket, even if has to play peekaboo to do it. 

On 4/29/2020 at 4:57 AM, Baron_Georg said:

@Travlla

Guess not play some range-impared  commander like Phillipp, Rachel, Freya or Viktor. Use commander with range - either Miramon or Sanna. Invest into full view range retros. Specifically to this map, say to fuck off to bush lover teammates sitting on hill and approach the city center from south. 

I had a MBT player taking the south road 2 Harbinger missions ago, he was completely not useful to the party and in the end ranked very low, I was in a MGM so I could not go myself to spot, but an AS21 and a light tank did it, instead of the yolo MBT. At the end they ranked 1rs and 2nd, I was 3rd as had few spots and spotting damage, and the last who was? The yolo MBT...

Last time I played that mission I was in a MBT, went north, in a T10 leo, and a T9 merkava helped me. I was killed once, but in the end I got 19K spotting damage that with the damage I did on my own granted me the blue star.

I really don't think that for an MBT to take the south road is worth it, it is not useful for the team and also not very rewarding for the player that does it, I have never seen someone do it and rank well in the results.

Yep, Chally was not shy at all, but it seems that he knows pretty well how to use the very strong armor, as even an ADTU is far rom being invulnerable as long as the bots manage to flank him. And here what you and the AS21 did becomes important, you, even if was in a hulldown position, was shooting at bots that could see you, so was making some bots fire at you instead of him, that is exactly what the less armored of the MBTs has to do, and being the only MBT in a party with something that can be easily penned I would remain probably in that position until the support fire from the hill has softened enough the bots as to do what the ADTU has done alone and with a tank with huge weak spots is a suicide.

Also what the AS21 did is very important, he had sight retros and was the only one of the not MBTs in the right place, where he could fire at the spotted tanks, at the ones coming from the NE corner when they will spawn, but also spotting himself the ones coming from the river, as some of those drive towards the town, but others join the battle and can easily flank both a tank where the Chally is and also where you are. From that position he can shot at them or at least warn the MBTs if some of them is heading towards them. As long that it is not a MBT is very important what a support fire tank does on the hill, as he has this spotting role and also has to make choices, like if to shot at the tanks you are spotting, making your life easier, take down fast the ones that come from NE or kill the ones on the river, as later for you to find a couple of T15, as often happens, in the town or not can make a lot of difference when you have to cap it. From that position, or also going a little more south, he has also a quite good line of fire on the cap and on the bots in the SO part of the town, so can help you when you are fighting to cap. While in the position where the arty and the K-135C are they can not spot and have a much limited line of fire.

The support fire tanks in that mission are not leeches, are very important, when a tank like that AS21, but a GAU or Wilk can work as well, spot and take down 40K of the enemy HP the life of the MBTs becomes so much easier. He erased from the battle ground 18 bots, so 18 guns stopping to fire at you. The fact that both you and the ADTU got so few kills is a clue, he was shooting in the most useful way, killing the low health tanks to reduce as fast as possible the amount of fire on the MBTs.

You played with 2 good players and the mission was carried by your 3 tanks. 

• Upvote 1

AS21 played his role like a true champ ,having him in overwatch was a match winner for sure, was surprised the arty didn't do that much damage in such a target rich environment, never taken arty on that map, but he didn't move, maybe the KC crew were changing his tracks?  but will take the PLZ for a run there tommoz. once the the tanks started coming from the NE i concentrated on those  to keep them off the Challys ass, once they were gone i moved up to the Chally and helped him mop up the rest,  

Also the K153-C driver could have done much more in a different position, he could spot at least as much as the AS21, as is not true that with the right retros is impossible to spot from the hill, but mainly using at his advantage the targeting mechanics of his tank, as long as he is able to lock a suitable target, so not Termi, Ramka, PL or Merkava, but the T15 and many MBTs as well as bradley and K21 are suitable targets, he can continue to fire at it as long as the MBTs continue to spot it.

This is very useful for the tanks in the town as from the right position you have a line of sight to shot at them, or to lock them in this case, but often they then move in places where normal tanks can not fire at them from the hill. Surely is not a tank with a 30k dmg potential, but he could probably have done better.

Luckily the AS21 made alone what 3 support tanks are supposed to do...

:snrk:

On 4/30/2020 at 7:02 AM, dfnce said:

Guess not play some range-impared  commander like Phillipp, Rachel, Freya or Viktor. Use commander with range - either Miramon or Sanna. Invest into full view range retros. Specifically to this map, say to fuck off to bush lover teammates sitting on hill and approach the city center from south. 

great  my two highest commanders don't work.  Miramon is stock for me.  well at least I have the vision retros  but I'm still getting hit from noseeums .  does that ever change LOL    well back to the grinding mines.