Sign in to follow this  
Schlock

PayPal and my.com support issues

So, this may be in the wrong section of the forums, but can't find a better one right now.

I did a stupid thing and threw some money towards my.com for battlepath package with coins. That was six days ago, and still nothing. No access, nothing in mycom store inventory, no transaction noted in market history. Opened a support ticked, I got a default "we are checking shit out, be cool" message back and no response for last four days, despite my occasional prodding.  I mean, I can always opet a dispute with paypal to get my money back, but that seems a bit excessive.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Hell, ten minutes after I posted this thread, my BC package shows up in my inventory.

Still, a word of warning - if you use paypal it may take some time before goods show up

1 hour ago, Schlock said:

Still, a word of warning - if you use paypal it may take some time before goods show up

Yes PayPal and AW is a speshul combination. it just does not work. They informed some days ago that they are once again expecting huge delays on PayPal transactions. Then you keep wondering why PayPal works flawlessly in every other business you use it :kek:

Also a word of advice for the people who see this and are thinking about doing that:

2 hours ago, Schlock said:

I mean, I can always opet a dispute with paypal to get my money back, but that seems a bit excessive.

Not a good idea at all if you don't want to get your AW Account banned. Doing such stuff will very likely result in that even though you did nothing wrong. So if people consider taking this step just think about it first before doing it. In any case it's probably better to try contacting AW support first.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

On 6/29/2021 at 4:51 AM, TeyKey1 said:

Also a word of advice for the people who see this and are thinking about doing that:

Not a good idea at all if you don't want to get your AW Account banned. Doing such stuff will very likely result in that even though you did nothing wrong. So if people consider taking this step just think about it first before doing it. In any case it's probably better to try contacting AW support first.

Based on my own experience:

Before you dispute a transaction through your credit card/bank/whatever, make sure you've exhausted all possible avenues with AW Support.  Then, after they've told you repeatedly that they can't help you, ask them if you should dispute the payment with your credit card.  In my experience, if they've exhausted every possible avenue that they have available to them, they'll tell you that yes, you should dispute the payment.  Screenshot that and send it to your bank when you dispute the payment, as it will speed up the process considerably.

• Upvote 1

I'm one of those that is having a problem with this.

I'm being very careful in what I do next so I don't get my account banned.  The problem that the response time is very very slow.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Yeah, I asked support several times over few days should I dispute paypal charge so I don't lose my money but received absolutely no answer. And then the package just showed up in my inventory after a week or so, and I still haven't got an answer at all.

So yeah, you can't ask them what to do when they simply do not answer for days.

To follow up with this:

I contacted support and filed out the form.  When they asked me for more information, I pointed out to them that the information was already in the form I had to submit.  That was where I became very leary about this whole thing.

We went back and forth for several days.  I would ask a very direct question about how this would affect my account and I got some canned answer in the form of we are going to do this but you have to replay saying that you understand and agree to what is going to happen.  I asked what is actually going on, same thing.

After about a little over a week of this back and forth I finally had enough and told them to go ahead and they were ready to reverse the charges.

I am still very leary about the entire thing and it did not leave me with a very comfortable feeling when I was done.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."