Sign in to follow this  
Norse_Viking

Feedback The Scandinavian Summer camouflage (Norwegian one)

looking at your pictures I get what you mean. Interestingly, probably due to lighting conditions, the camo doesn't look too far off from the reference picture provided in the news article:

scand_summer.png

6yMHcxj.jpg

Even here green and brown might be a tad bit too light ingame but it looks a lot closer to the reference picture above than on those you provided. Got no clue if that's only because of the images themselves because there's quite some difference indeed.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

There is to much difference between the colors of green. The black pattern should be little bigger 

Heres another picture, but here they are using lighter brown color than the previous pictures i posted. 

image.png.4e1b1f20e77960c8f9bf886329263a0f.png

Norse_Viking, in my research into this camouflage, I found at least 4 pattern variations with major differences and several smaller ones. My conclusion is that while the "general pattern" seems to be roughly the same, the color shades on lots of these photos depend on actual light. Furthermore, like in any military, this pattern differs from vehicle to vehicle the way the crew saw fit to paint it (such is the case of that "more black" pattern above). This is fairly normal, pretty much every army does that and the colors differ as well in real life depending on what's at hand.

Conclusion: the way it's done, it's legit. We might make a different Norwegian pattern in the future as a separate camo but right now, it seems okay.

No its not legit, this has annoyed me alot, finally a you guys are introducing a norwegian camouflage. And its nothing like i ever seen in my 3,5 years serving in the army. So i have been searching the web.

ITS SWEDISH , the tank you got picture of is a swedish Infanterikanonvagn 91. It has a far as I know never 'served' in the norwegian army. 

https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanterikanonvagn_91

Verken Ikv 91 eller varianter har blitt eksportert fra Sverige. WHICH MEANS , Neither the Ik91 or variants have never been exported outside sweden.

I dont know if this one is region blocked. But take alook at time stamp 1,10 and out.  Thats from a norwegian recruitment video.

Thats the camo i usually see when there are army excercises arround. I served in the 90 ties, the brown color was a bit darker. But beside that the camo you see in the video is norwegian summer camo.

That sickly green color is swedish, while we consider the swedes our brothers. We dont use their camouflage. The swedes are weird...

small picture, upload limit. Google swedish vehicle camoflage and this is most likely the first hit.

image.png.4d8595138f73501c4d1877dcb977e267.png

Edited by Norse_Viking
Seplling errors and adding additional info (see edit history)