Sign in to follow this  
Baron_Georg

same stuff different foum/game

hi folks this is more personal frustration than anything else.  was on the old forums for both AW and WOT and I suffer from the same issues in both games, namely poor performance.   PC gear is ok, ping reasonable so that is not the issue.  Taped reviews not working, mentors don't help/give up, not able to put suggestions to use (they don't work for me).  no matter the effort, and I have put in a lot, I remain a player that is below average most of the time; in every single game regardless of title.    so I just play- still caring about my lack of kills, damage, spots, and place in the team.  just once I would like to finish the missions and get a reward instead of only getting 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through and running out of time. 

just a deranged old tanker XD

One advice Join a battlion and do missions with them.

Pve with randoms is a nightmare sometimes unless you are able to carry the game.

I am in a Battalion and run almost daily with them. still doesn't stop me from being least in damage or spots or kills.  just hard coming to terms with being a poor player consistently in every single title. 

To be completely honest, there is little feedback we can provide without some gameplay from your end. It's very difficult to diagnose a condition when there are no symptoms to reference.

If you can record some matches and/or upload replay(s), it would be quite a bit easier for us to suggest next steps and potential areas of improvement.

Don't give up though. While it may certainly be difficult to improve, surrounding yourself with the right community, listening to feedback, and playing more in general will undoubtedly improve your performance.

Edited by di_duncan
Forgot to add a message of encouragement ;) (see edit history)

I believe that for some players the progression is not linear, but happens in steps. They score really low, do little damage then a click happens, and they can be not aware of the reason why, and they start to get let's say 7-10K more damage on average on a medium or high tier PvE, they are not destroyed as soon as they show their tank in Random battle and they start to get their blue stars often and even some gold medal sometimes.

For some reason it seems that that click never happened to you, and I don't really know how to help you in having it happen.

But i can tell 2 things: the first is that if you almost always platoon with your battalion mates and they are very good it is normal that you don't score so well, when I go alone I get a lot of blue stars as I am well over the average of the PvE player base, but when I platoon with my usual friends, as some of them are better players then me, i farm way less stars and damage, if you play only or mostly with your battalion mates it can be a part of the problem.

The other thing is that not all the people has the right range of skills to shine in this game, you need sharp reflexes, you have to be able to perform more tasks at the same moment, like focus on the tank you are shooting at while also care if some other can flank you and this with a constant eye on the minimap, you need to be willing to learn the weak spots of so many tanks and have a good memory to remember them in battle, the same is true for the ammo racks and fuel tanks location, and you have to be able to take fast the right decisions, both about what is happening near you and for the whole battle/mission. If I think that with the right dedication every one can become at least an average player probably only few of us have the right set of skills to really shine, and it is true in so many other things, not all the people can become a top athlete or musician even if almost everybody can with enough dedication become not terrible at playing an instrument or run.

And imo it is perfectly possible to have fun playing this game even if someone does not rank first every single match as long as he feels that he has done all what he could and he is not too much conditioned by the pressure of the modern society where competition and be the coolest one seem to be the only important things.

I had fun playing this game when I begun, and as i did not had any previous experience in games that require the same set of skills, I grow up without the playstation or a PC,  I performed very bad, I had fun when I was improving and starting to get my first blue stars and gold medals, I have fun now, that I am probably a pretty decent player, far from being an unicorn and i suppose that I will have also fun if i ever will become an unicorn. 

As @di_duncan already said we can't give you specific feedback without knowing what you do during the battles. If you always receive the lowest score you're clearly doing something wrong.

I suggest you to post some of your Battles here and request feedback: https://armoredlabs.net/index.php?/forum/23-tape-study/

What made me a way better player back in my WOT time was watching videos of very good players and clanwars in WOT. This was really helping me to improve and try out new tactics.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Guys,  this is the venting room :-)  I truly didn't expect solutions to my long standing issues.  I have been at this for so long with help and without it that I must face the fact that the game is like math for me.  fundamentally there is an inability to grasp certain concepts of the game.  long ago I realized that I just don't get how math people think, it is alien to me.  I don't have dyscalculia (inability to calculate and use numbers and remember basic math facts) but I am pretty darn close.   it's kinda the same with not just this game but everything I play.  I am simply bad to below average at best.  monkey see monkey do works only occasionally for me.   I have had more than one tutor walk out on me and several said because I couldn't get it after 6 months I should leave.  WOT changed so much between when I started and recently I did quit playing that one.   I just wanted everybody to know why I come across as so cynical in posts.  it takes a lot of effort to try to help me and I don't want that to ruin the game for you.