Sign in to follow this  
abrams_killer

what's the efficient way to top up?

Yes, you can probably purchase these insignia and boosts for gold, but ideally they have to be used like with 200-300% efficiency, plus proper gold price should be like 30-50% of what is cheapest ratio always available for 100 euro pack (24k gold). And in general don't forget that a lot of this stuff drops from containers for variety of activities (daily logins, SO, contracts), so active players can rightfully say that such items are not worth spending gold at all.

Best use of such stuff is combo of Premium + x2 daily (and x4 SO) + event boost + 2x boost + insignia  in case of new player one paid 12h platinum + free 2h which is drop from Silver, Gold, or Platinum chests. Maximum benefit is possible when progressing multiple lines, so boost applies to multiple x2 daily runs bonuses for first victory. Also, in theory if you are playing PvE, you should never enter missions with low base XP gain and/or high risk of failing them.

Bundles are typically high price tag, their content has to be analyzed individually for what they offer. Certain items may obsolete over time and some items are collectibles without good use in game. If you just need premium tank to earn credits, gold option tier 6 MBT prem with good DPM is sufficient. Probably some bundles may tease with different kinds of boosts, so their combo is truly powerful, but i am not sure such are available anymore (like Platinum/Gold AW or Gold Battlefield), I think there is only Platinum Battlefield.

• Upvote 1

It kind of depends on where you are in the game and what you need to accomplish.

Like dfnce said, the best way to use premium time, boosts, and insignias is all at once combined with an appropriate event.  It's basically a waste to use any of the above alone because you're missing out on the stacking effect.

Make sure you log in every day so that once a week you earn a free day of Premium time.  Save that and only activate it when you have 2 x boosts (preferably one should be a Platinum Battlefield Glory boost or Platinum AW boost) and some appropriate insignias.  Activate everything - premium time, 2 x boost, insignias installed on vehicle - and grind away!

Also as dfnce said, Tier 6 is really the first "best" time to buy a Premium vehicle.  Tier 6 is a guaranteed "top tier" in PvE, so those vehicles are good to have for grinding credits for the long term.  My first was a VFM Mk. 5 and for a very long time it was my second most-played vehicle.  Most played being my AMX-10RCR which was also a great credit earning machine.

You can buy platinum Battlefield Glory boosts in-game from the inventory screen, but they're expensive.  300 Gold IIRC.  You can also buy platinum insignias in-game from their inventory screen, and as I recall those are 8 Gold each.  But remember that insignias are only good for one game!  The implication of the math in that being that you should probably be planning to play ~40 games before you pay Gold for these boosts and insignias, otherwise you're not getting your money's worth.  And it's definitely not worth buying them for Gold unless you have other boosts that you can use in the premium boost slot at the same time.  Note that you cannot use 2 of the same boost at the same time - they have to be different in some way, either one gold one platinum of the same boost, or two platinum of different boosts.  (Or whatever levels/boosts you have.)

It's pretty easy to earn 10M - 20M credits grinding away in PvE for a day using the above, even if you're using a Tier 6 Premium vehicle.  It's even easier in a Tier 8 or Tier 10, especially if you have the Tier 10 Object 640 MBT with its "special" additional multiplier that no other vehicle has.

Time.

Make sure if you are going to do like @knutliott and @dfnce said, make sure you have time to set aside to do the events and get the most out of all the boosters.

For me when I'm in full tilt grind mode in PvE, i can do about 12 to 13 battles in 2 hours reliably.  If I use a 12 hour booster, I can do at most 4 of the 12 hours, 3 is more realistic.  Doing GLOP's I can run about 4 battles per hour given que times and how long a full battle lasts if it is competitive from the start of the match.  Once you figure out what your cadence is you can set your plan accordingly.

I know that there is a spread sheet floating around here somewhere that has the rough values for how much you can earn per hours for credits and experience so you can balance out what you need versus what boosters to run and what mode to run.

If you are going to run a premium vehicle, find one that fits you. There are some that are awesome vehicles but if you don't get along well with it then it isn't worth the hassle of having it where if you have one that you are good with it might be better to run that than say a suggested vehicle due to this feature or that bonus.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Time is definitely the trickiest factor. If your skills are modest, there may be times when there are really awesome players with high-DPM vehicles whittle away at the potential damage you can farm from a match...  so if you can plan your boosted time to several hours when you can deal max damage, all the better. Of course, if you're an expert, it matters less.

I notice it gets a bit harder to finish contract missions requiring damage after about 2230 Eastern time US.

Agree that vehicle fit is key. Unfortunately you need to grind the crew to level 2-3 before you get a feel for whether the relationship is going to last.

QR 

56 minutes ago, abrams_killer said:

hi, thanks for the advices, I'm wondering do premium vehicles except obj640 have extra bonus on revenue?

Obj. 640 one is special of kind.

3 hours ago, TekNicTerror said:

All prem tanks have bonus on revenue, but 640's get extra xp as well (dunno why, xp for prems goes into your locked xp)

The Object 640 gets an additional 25% multiplier to credits on top of the normal Premium Vehicle bonus, that's what makes it so special.  That additional multiplier is treated separately, so it does actually multiply and not just add to the Premium Vehicle bonus.  As far as I know it is the only vehicle that gets this extra bonus.

Combine that with the fact that the Object 640 is a Tier 10 vehicle and you get a vehicle that really does print credits.

6 minutes ago, dfnce said:

You may see average gain in pve, nothing exciting even with double 1.25.

It's a multiplier, though, which means the extra bonus feels more like 50% (because it's multiplied by the Premium Vehicle 200%) than like 25%.  It's really a pretty huge advantage if you're trying to grind credits... it's like being able to run an extra platinum credit insignia at all times.

I mean... it looks like you made that half a million credits without running boosters or insignias.  Just with Premium Time.  That means that optimized you could have made almost 1.2M credits.  Which means that even without first win of the day, you'd be in the 900K - 1M credit range on every single mission, which is roughly 200K more than you'd make without the extra bonus.

Since I make about 100k on a mission without any bonuses at all, I'd say that's a pretty significant improvement.