Sign in to follow this  
xxx514

Which branch should I choose

Hello,

Today Ive managed to fill exp bar in my M108 and wondering, which way should I pick. Ive made some shootings at Albino Polygon with all SPGs in both branches, and lower one - thgough Gvosdik, Akatsyia and PLZ - seems to be more funny with their magazines, however it seems to be longer in exping and more expensive. On the other branch I have single-shot units, but only two of them - M109 and Palmaria as I remember. Therefore which way will be quicker to pass through? Im playing PvE only. Any suggestions?

Why not both?

If you aren't completely out of credits, I'd do both lines.  That way you can get the daily bonus on both lines each day you play, which is a huge boost to progress.

Generally speaking, though, most people seem to prefer the multi-shot magazine SPGs over the single shot SPGs.  The Tier 9 PLZ is vastly preferable to the Tier 10 Centauro (as is the Tier 9 PzH 2000), for example.  I also prefer the Tier 7 PLZ over both the Tier 7 Palmaria and the Tier 8 Paladin.

Thats idea... Currently my cash reserve is rather low, but It raises for about 1M after I try to perform daily lose through all tiers of my steel herd. Asking about speed, beacouse have no idea how long my current 'uptime' will be until I become bored/angry at teams which I get and make a longer break again. Unfortunately in current form game is not very interesting for me, however it still can bring some pleasure. Thats why I wished to ask You which way might be more optimal. Waiting for more suggestions impatiently :D

The tree is different than when i went down it, i do find the mag loaders more fun to play,  what is the required xp differences between the 2 lines to get to T8? i have a feeling even thou the there is one tank less going the single shot way, the xp requirement is about the same  

For me the Polish arty, the PLZ, seems to be the better choice, for the T9 one you have both the choices, multiple clip with a more arched trajectory, so can shot above hills and obstacles that with the single shot block the line of fire, but much longer aim time, and single shot with fast reload and very fast aiming time, with the right crew specializations and retrofits is not much longer then the one of many not arty tanks. I use both the configurations depending on the map i am playing and the role i intend to have, usually I play arty in a conventional way, but sometimes also in "TD mode".

By the way @xxx514 what do you mean with "perform daily lose through all tiers of my steel herd", if it is what I suspect, going into battle with each tank you have then manage to be killed fast or go to garage soon to repeat with every other tank, happy to gain few from each mission as you do almost nothing in it, and you also compel the other players to play it in 4, so the win rate drops (but your 3x first victory multiplier remains intact), counting on the fact that that way you can play a lot of missions in a single hour of gaming please stop doing it.

I can completely forgive a player that is under performing, as if there is an average player value as there are people way over that average there are also others that are way under, because they are learning, because their set of skills is not the one that make a person play well this kind of games, because maybe they have some impediments, like reduced sight, low speed reflexes or whatever other reason. They are a drag when you find them in the party, but still they have the right to play as this is not Olympic games, is a free to play online game open to everybody. As long as they are doing their best, even when their best is very few, I am fine with it, and many times when an under performing player invited me in a platoon, after I got my blue star, I accepted as I like to support who want to put some effort and improve, even if I am certainly not among the very best players. But as some unicorns was so kind to accept my friendship and play with me and I learned a lot from it I feel that I have to do the same with who is even worst then me at this game.

But being a leach that sucks blood from the other players, uses their effort and time to gain without any personal effort easy credits and xp, is something that I will always condemn as a selfish and not ethic behavior. I condemn it even if many times I actually gain from having those players in the party, as I have more damage, more spots and more kills to farm. And I always report those players for inactivity at the end of the game, hoping that their behavior was not due to some real life issues, like a very important telephone call, even if I have no feedback about how using the report function is actually useful or only a waste of time.

If you mean something different telling "perform daily lose through all tiers of my steel herd" I apologize. I am not sure of what you really meant and even in the worst case my intention is not to shame you, only to make you think again about what (maybe) are doing, there is a proper way to gain more credits in the game, a way that pay you more in the long run and does not create problems to the other players, and the recipe is easy: more effort, looking at the replays to understand your own errors and the reasons why others did so much better, using this forum and the other online resources to improve and be a better player.

@Bumbax Im really impressed how accurate and logical your argumentation is, perhaps Ive missused/overexploited irony here. Im not trying to die fast, but not every map goes as planned, nor teammates Ive got are performing well enough sometimes. Im glad that you gently pointed my mistakes, Ill try fix them. So far there are more comments to aim at lower branch with magazines, lets see if there will be more advices. Thank you for spared time.

Personally, I'd pick the Russian/Chinese branch (Gvosdika, Akatsiya, PLZ-89) even though it requires more XP to grind through.

• Gvosdika is fairly accurate and has good RoF, making it relatively easy to use
  • Akatsiya gets a 3-round autoloader, allowing it to dish out lots of damage in a short period of time (and be somewhat effective when doing direct-fire)
  • PLZ-89 gets a 3-round autoloader with better accuracy, RoF, and aim time. Probably one of the strongest SPGs in the game tier-for-tier

If you can go down both lines at the same time, you could also go down the M109/Palmraia line. The M109 isn't particularly good, but the Palmaria is pretty decent.

Once you get to tier 8, your only choice for a SPG is the flaming dumpster fire that is the Paladin, so it might be worth considering going down some of the other non-SPG lines to unlock your first tier 9 SPG.

For tier 9, you effectively have 3 SPGs that are all very good:

• PLZ-05 with a 4 shot autoloader, has amazing burst damage but terrible accuracy and aim time
  • PLZ-05 with a single-shot gun, has good RoF and great accuracy and aim time
  • PzH 2000 with a 3-round autoloader, has decent burst damage with good accuracy and aim time

Tier 10 has the Cent 155 with good RoF and little else. It's not terrible but you're probably better off using a tier 9 SPG if you want to get anything done.

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

TL;DR: The PLZ-05 (with the 4 shot cannon) is the best artillery at the present moment. 

It was overwhelmingly popular in GlOps and still is the go-to arty piece (when chosen) in Heroics.

Regarding lower tier artillery, I would use reputation to skip through them if anyone is limited to grind with them in PvE. The current PvE meta and map pool make grinding artillery in PvE tedious and painful.

9 hours ago, MK_Regular said:

Once you get to tier 8, your only choice for a SPG is the flaming dumpster fire that is the Paladin, so it might be worth considering going down some of the other non-SPG lines to unlock your first tier 9 SPG.

I found the Paladin ok, did fire 71 rounds in this battle thou  

ScreenShot0116.jpg

To grind arty in PvE is doable in some maps that are very good for them, like Leviathan or Phalanx. I have seen also players able to do fantastic things with arty in most of the other maps and in Spec Ops, driving them TD mode and attacking always, but they was players of superior level, I would say that for a good, over the average but not super, player it is something impossible, while being smart enough it is possible to be a good flanker with the multi clip ones.

To play them TD style I find very useful to change the game settings choosing a smaller fow, it makes everything bigger in over the shoulder view and if the player has not a very large monitor helps a lot to aim correctly. As I play with a small 4/3 monitor and my eyes are "not so young" I find almost impossible for me to aim in over the shoulder if I don't do it.