Lenticulas

Leclerc proto T7, designate area, how does it work?

Does anyone know exactly how this works? 

I press and hold down the activation key, for what seems like a long time, and after a few seconds, tanks around me start getting designated, just like the afv designate ability, so far so good. 

It seems to take quite a long time to activate it. 

What I want to know is what gets designated?... Is it visible tanks? Only tanks I'm personally spotting? tanks I have a line of sight to? 

And it says in the description, it becomes inactive, if "the vehicle" moves faster than 10km/h IIRC. 

"The vehicle"... being me? Them? Does it cut out if I successfully designate them, and then start moving or just fail if I or they, move whilst I'm activating it? 

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

Hi SS - how are you? I hope you are well. Long time no see. :classic_biggrin:

So it's a cone? 150m long, if you have the upgraded module, and +/- 10 deg from gun axis?

Anyway - is there an official patchnotes or something where i can look this up, do you know?

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

EDIT: I just did some testing on Alabino.

I have learned:

It IS a circle, and it designates vehicles in front, to the side, and directly behind you. Range anything less than 150m (with the upgrade)
The gun direction made no difference.

You can start designating vehicles that then leave direct line of sight, but if they become invisible again while you are starting to designate them, the effect never completes.

I can't test it with vehicles spotted by other people (and not me)
The icon is greyed out if **I** am going 10kmh+.

if i fully designate targets, and then start moving, the effect remains in action.

If used properly then probably can be well rewarding in PvE as designating should have a priority over tracking and spotting.

6 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

EDIT: I just did some testing on Alabino.

I have learned:

It IS a circle, and it designates vehicles in front, to the side, and directly behind you. Range anything less than 150m (with the upgrade)
The gun direction made no difference.

You can start designating vehicles that then leave direct line of sight, but if they become invisible again while you are starting to designate them, the effect never completes.

I can't test it with vehicles spotted by other people (and not me)
The icon is greyed out if **I** am going 10kmh+.

if i fully designate targets, and then start moving, the effect remains in action.

The standard designation ability allows you to designate targets that are spotted by other players if the target is both:

1. Inside your view range
  2. In your direct line of sight (you can mouse over the target and have the red outline appear)

You can test this by having a player spot a stealthy target right at the edge of your view range, and then designating the target.

Assuming that the Proto's designate behaves like the standard designate, you should be able to designate targets that are spotted by other players. The view range limitation of the standard designate would be replaced by the 150m maximum range limitation, but I'm not sure if the line of sight limitation still applies due to the fact that you do not need to mouse over a specific target to designate it.

There's definitely no LoS limitation for Area Designate, it is possible to tag spotted targets behind terrain if you proxy-spotted them.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, BumbaX said:

@Haswellplease what proxy-spotting means?

I think he just means: someone else is spotting it?

Proxy spotting means getting close enough (within 50m) that your targets are automatically spotted, regardless of LoS.

Spoiler

Drive into a Group of Enemies with your paper tank.
Stop
Press E
Wait till they are all designated

Run away,  Maybe

This is a great Idea in concept but for this tank is a bit suicidal.  You have to STOP to use it meaning everyone will put holes in your paper armor because I love this tank,  run and gun.  Fun tank,  but its handling is not enough to offset the garbage armor...If this had Object640 movement this tank would be fine, but right now its a bit Meh...

18 hours ago, CaptKingNF said:

... everyone will put holes in your paper armor because I love this tank,  run and gun.  Fun tank,  but its handling is not enough to offset the garbage armor..

Yeah it's nice and fast, maneuverable etc., but the problem is that big flat bit of the front hull, below the upper front plate, with the words: "Shoot Me Here" written on it, in big red letters.
I'm just trying to get through it, to get my hands on a VCAC Mephisto.

Mephisto that possibly will disappoint you :snrk:

Not a bad tank, don't get me wrong, it has good missiles and a decent camo, but the way it has to do all the animation before and after it reloads retracting in the hull the missile launcher makes the reloads so long...:winkseal:

20 minutes ago, BumbaX said:

Mephisto that possibly will disappoint you

Now Christmas is ruined.

So Sad. :brokenseal2k:

Don't be sad, is not so bad.

In Random Battle and Glops is good as you have those strong missiles, is just that in PvE is a little like the Bradley with KEM rockets, if you have got it in the last Battle Path, you have to wait a long time to reload as the animation time is added to the reload one, but as I told the missiles are good, if you shot for full damage you can do well also with the long reload time.

:winkseal:

:wubseal:Yay! Christmas is saved!

I still play the LecProto even after im done its really fun,  just like you said the big flat shoot me here all over the tank...LOL

The Mephisto is Crazy,  Hot2 + Dual Shot...LOL is all I can say....everything POPs....

Turret of the DraGun,  BOOM
Side of the T-15,  BOOM
Turret SIde Challenger,  BOOM

You pretty much hit any ammo store and they go BOOM...Killing a T-15 in 2 salvos + Ammo is Glorious...