Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Upcoming new PvE maps?

Basically Desert Storm GLOPS map looks like. Either way I'm happy to get some new missions. Let's hope it will spice things up a bit in PVE

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Another view of the nighttime map that got posted on Facebook:

UpmHAR5.png

Looks like they're reusing parts of Desert Crossing. About time if you asked me.

Found some mission names and briefings in today's update:

rhufVGU.png

We are spending the summer in the desert.

Spoiler

is it just me, or does it sound like Desert Viper will be using that glops desert map with the aircraft carrier in port?

either way, I'm curious to see how these maps turn out

3 hours ago, MK_Regular said:

is it just me, or does it sound like Desert Viper will be using that glops desert map with the aircraft carrier in port?

As seen in the screenshots above you should be correctly assuming that this is on desert crossing glops map

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Official screenshots (don't show much beyond time of day and weather), as well as final-ish mission briefings taken from the Facebook page

HVhCJ6C.png

Desert Path (April 29, 2038): An allied convoy needs to pass near a port occupied by the PLM forces. Your task is to clear the way and secure the route.

KPckHQo.jpg

Desert Fox (August 11, 2038): The ISD ordered you to infiltrate a Cartel-occupied port and eliminate three high-ranking commanders.

qZF7QRY.jpg

Desert Saber (September 5, 2036): The Lions of Nequiel captured several villages surrounding a local port. You must liberate them as soon as possible.

4efXPHh.jpg

Desert Strike (June 11, 2039): The NPAA is reportedly preparing air strikes against cities and other civillian targets. The ISD ordered you to assault the enemy airbase and destroy their airplanes.

p6QdpV3.jpg

Desert Viper (September 22, 2035): The NPAA captured a moored aircraft carrier. The ISD sent you to scuttle the ship before it leaves for the open sea.

Yes, a spendo, possibly irreplaceable asset that you'd rather scuttle with a single tank platoon even when said platoon will wipe out the rest of the NPAA presence as a "bonus". Well, wasn't expecting any better scriptwriting after MC1

Edited by Krieger22 (see edit history)