Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Dirt Removal

Yeah, I hate the dirt effects. If there's no way to turn them off in-game, I'm just going to mod it out myself.

1. Unpack the resource archives resources-xxxx.pak (as outlined in the guide)
  2. Navigate to \gamesdk\materials\at_materials
  3. Remove or rename the dirt material files. This won't break the game, don't worry.
    2HkM79v.png

With dirt on:

m5AMRXJ.png

Without dirt:

6G780Jv.png

Much better.

Spoiler

For those people wanting to have dirt in the battle but not in the garage would it be sufficient to just remove the "garage dirt"? Might try that out this evening

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Very useful to better look at the boobs of the girl in the crapjeep while in garage you wait in queue, as a clean front window is better then one dirty for the purpose. I will give it a try, maybe it can become a better way to use the time that I spend in queue then playing frecell, that is what I  usually do.

:snrk:

Joke aside thanks for the tutorial, I have mixed feelings about the newly introduced dirt, it is more realistic in battle, but in the garage some tanks and camo don't look good with the effect enabled. I will give it a try.

I am running Windows 7 and i am not able to follow your instructions.

my Armored Warfare MyCom folder is in a different location, not in the C: main root, but in Oracle/MyGames.

Then i can find the gasmesdk folder inside, but there i find only many files, most of them are some resources and textures .pak and only 2 folders: levels and movies.

I don't see any materials or at_materials, not as folders not as archives, even with hidden files visualization enabled.

What am I doing wrong?

4 hours ago, TeyKey1 said:

For those people wanting to have dirt in the battle but not in the garage would it be sufficient to just remove the "garage dirt"? Might try that out this evening

I think that will work, though I haven't really tried yet. The game won't complain though.

17 minutes ago, BumbaX said:

I am running Windows 7 and i am not able to follow your instructions.

my Armored Warfare MyCom folder is in a different location, not in the C: main root, but in Oracle/MyGames.

Then i can find the gasmesdk folder inside, but there i find only many files, most of them are some resources and textures .pak and only 2 folders: levels and movies.

I don't see any materials or at_materials, not as folders not as archives, even with hidden files visualization enabled.

What am I doing wrong?

You will have to first unpack the archive files, follow the instructions in the basic guide thread under "unpacking assets into loose files"

https://armoredlabs.net/index.php?/topic/165-a-basic-guide-to-modding-aw/

Spoiler

I did read that thread and also try to unpack the archive gameui.pak, but still i don't see any at_materials folder or archive in the gamesdk folder.

But i also noticed that if i test the gameui.pak with 7zip the result is an error, it tells me that  I have an error Headers (i translate from Italian as i use an italian version of 7zip) ,  beginning of the archive not confirmed and I also get a warning, some data are present beyond the data payload.

I don't know if it is related to my problem, but unless I have to extract also all the many resources and textures .pack files I don't understand what i am doing wrong.

The heading errors are normal, those are just the signed parts of the archives for the game to verify their integrity.

/at_materials are under /materials.

Spoiler

Well that's friggin' cool!  I know where *my* dirt is going this afternoon.  Straight to hell is where!

I am still not able to locate it 

From what i understand from the screenshots you posted inside your Materials folder has been extracted from the gameui. pak archive, then inside it there is the at_materials folder.

In my archive i can only find the libs folder, not the animations, levels and materials ones that i see in your screenshot. I post a screenshot of what the main directory of the archive is in my computer.

7z.jpg.24c527b18b9229a1b15b82c2c97c6fbd.jpg

inside the libs folder there is a nest of other folders each one containing an other, but none of them is the materials one, the last one of the nested folders is named textures, and inside it there are many folders, but none of them is called materials or materials_at 

Ah, I see. You unpacked gameui.pak only, you need to unpack the other resource archives as well. They are resources-xxxx.pak, there should be 41 of them.

Technically the dirt files are only spread out across 4 archives, but it's easier to just unpack all of them than to hunt them down.

Spoiler