Sign in to follow this  
CaptKingNF

Is it me or are GUN TDs now usless?

Is it me,  or do the Light Tanks do the Job of a TD better?  I find the slight difference in guns not enough.  The Dragun125 he head and shoulders better then the sprut-SD at killing tanks...The Stats are so close its not even funny,  then you can add the Mech Infra in the Dragun125...Just one of many I have found....

Who has some thoughts,  this is a genuine question....

I agree - if you look at LAV-600 vs Stingray 1 at T6, the Stingray is just a shade better in terms of reload time, aim time, and armor, at the expense of top speed.... but who is ever going to see top speed anyway?  And despite the refinement to wheeled vehicle steering in 0.33 (which has made them better), I still like the handling of a tracked vehicle better.

Nowadays, for most of these roles, I'm picking a LT because the battalion challenges often require a LT.  But I'll still play the TD to get the daily X2 XP bonus, and because it's a little further behind on the progression grind. They are pretty interchangeable.

QR

Dragun is way off chart better than anything else across even LT.  So it is hard to compare Dragun decently with gunned TD in their present shape.

As for TD on tier 8, I am not sure about M1128 MGS performance, and comparison tool tells clearly this thing is very bad now. WWO Wilk is terrible too. So as ASCOD LT. Sprut and RCR are quite close in their DPM/camo performance, they just fine in my opinion (deliver some decent damage and stealth gameplay).

Its not just the Dragun,  its the patch.  the GUN TDs are usless now.  Everything the TD could do the MBT can do better,  LOL...  O well glad to know all of the GUN TDs will be gathering dust...LOL...

Depending on mode you play, mostly PvE for me now. 

Gun TD's are not useless, I never played them at long range sitting back, even in GLOP's I played them more like a light tank, relocate quickly, move forward, often out spotting supposedly better spotters. 

Maybe the update affected some and how they like to play but for me, it has done little to affect them since I used them in the same way as lights and AFV's (just some smaller changes to my gameplay to suit a little better).

How you play them may have changed, its all learn and adapt 

Not Worthless,  but he MBT does the job just better...

The Centro 105 is actually a shinning example of what a Gun TD does...its all about the damage.  So I have one...the 120 on the other hand is MEH by comparison,  should have just kept the Reload the same as the 105,  just upped the damage a bit...You actually loose about 200DPM with the 120...LOL