Sign in to follow this  
Norse_Viking

Thoughts on Infantry ?

Sniper - Dont really use her much, think she need longer view range or faster targeting. And she is to easy to spot.

Mortar - They are fine, and a solid choice for most of the game modes.

Rocket crew - used them alot before the range nerf. They also added alot to the immersion of a battlefield. Nothing like seing a stream of rockets flying across the map.

Personally i feel they should give them the range back and tune down the damage. Was great to get those back area campers moving if you manage to spot them.

Personally I would like to see more things like that added to the game

I use mortars on any vehicle that can carry Infantry. The double mortar team on the AS21 is a blast on some maps, can get 10k+ dmg.

For PVP/GLOPS I usually prefer the mortar over the AT guys. It is easier to position and usually delivers more consistent damage if you place it toughtful.
The Sniper is still very strong in my opinion but it depends on the situation. There are maps where you can spot nearly a whole flank with the sniper and effectively stop the enemy from advancing. So I've got her equipped on some tanks.

For PVE I tend to use the AT guys. if placed right they can do devastating damage to the bots which is higher than a mortar could do.

4 hours ago, Norse_Viking said:

Personally I would like to see more things like that added to the game

Nothing against that but then they should equip way more tanks with a koax mg to defend themselves. Especially in the lategame infantry can become very strong against everything that can not delete them with a mg or autocannon.

Edited by TeyKey1 (see edit history)

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

As opponent the infantry is ok. As player s minion - free damage, no skill. Biggest joke in pve is that most DPM machines like T-15 get infantry to boost them damage score even more.