Would you be interested in establishing friendly relations with Y33T? 

We honor the superior siege engine and are committed to continue flinging 90kg projectiles over 300 meters for years to come.

Friendly relations are always good! Here's a diplomatic lab.

gettyimages-73058534.jpg

Merkel gets yeeted.

Spoiler

Soo, several things that need to be handled. Everything here is public and open book, this is intended.

Shadow parts

With LABS growing with members, it's clear that the old system of "decide among yourselves who should get the Shadow" wouldn't work as well as before anymore. Consensus and generosity are great, but not everyone are happy with the way it worked.

Besides the old system, there are two other alternatives to handle the Shadow: person with the most contribution points get the whole Shadow; or top N people get a distribution of parts based on the proportion of their contribution.

Vote on which system you want, or suggest one here.

Ranked battles

Some people have expressed interest in playing ranked battles to increase the ranking of LABS to at least 1001, in order to get more rewards from the contract missions and faster progression on the overall contract. I'm a dumbass when it comes to all things PvP so if all possible I'd prefer to leave this matter in someone else's charge. Feel free to volunteer/argue/assign people to handle this, I'll go with whatever people decide.

Hades vehicles

This is the easy part, vote here on which Hades vehicle you want for the next buttalion contract. We are currently on the M8-120 Thunderbolt.

Recruitment

Do you want LABS to increase recruitment effort beyond our current status quo? Throw suggestions here as well, or if you want to take on the responsibility of attracting more labbies.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Haswell said:

With LABS growing with members, it's clear that the old system of "decide among yourselves who should get the Shadow" wouldn't work as well as before anymore. Consensus and generosity are great, but not everyone are happy with the way it worked.

Besides the old system, there are two other alternatives to handle the Shadow: person with the most contribution points get the whole Shadow; or top N people get a distribution of parts based on the proportion of their contribution.

Vote on which system you want, or suggest one here.

I would personally still keep the one gets all system, however we decide it, I don't really care... 

Tbh, the dibs system probably doesn't work that well

I still haven't forgotten about the Soren shadow, but oh well

Oh and please make it from the next box (so not this one), I want to keep my hard fought over dibs

Some people have expressed interest in playing ranked battles to increase the ranking of LABS to at least 1001, in order to get more rewards from the contract missions and faster progression on the overall contract. I'm a dumbass when it comes to all things PvP so if all possible I'd prefer to leave this matter in someone else's charge. Feel free to volunteer/argue/assign people to handle this, I'll go with whatever people decide.

I would join doing ranked, if we have enough other people who also join. I mean, unless we have like 8 this doesn't mean shit... And also I feel like this should be a group effort. For who's in charge, I want to see how much of a mess demigod in charge will be. On the other hand, I could also take charge, but eh... that would mean work... 

This is the easy part, vote here on which Hades vehicle you want for the next buttalion contract. We are currently on the M8-120 Thunderbolt.

I personally don't care... 

Do you want LABS to increase recruitment effort beyond our current status quo? Throw suggestions here as well, or if you want to take on the responsibility of attracting more labbies.

Maybe, idk, on the one hand it would speed up efforts to get shadows etc. On the other hand, is there really a benefit?

One thing I would do though is make a few officers who can accept people etc, so it's not a total Haswell solo effort anymore. 

I volunteer for this demanding task

Edited by itzjustrick (see edit history)

On my previous battalion, we usually did it like this, and I think it a good way:

• Only players that achieved over 100 points for the contract are eligible for Shadow parts. Depending how many are active, this could be changed;
  • The parts are given based on percentage of points earned for the contract, something like this: nºShadowParts=PersonalPoints*100/TotalBattPointContract. For example, if I got   400 points of 3000, then 400*100/3000=13 parts, rounded to the lowest whole number;
  • Those with the Shadow already get no parts;
  • Players are free to trade parts between themselves;

4 minutes ago, itzjustrick said:

I would join doing ranked, if we have enough other people who also join. I mean, unless we have like 8 this doesn't mean shit... And also I feel like this should be a group effort. For who's in charge, I want to see how much of a mess demigod in charge will be. On the other hand, I could also take charge, but eh... that would mean work... 

Reeeee?

Edited by Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks
FML (see edit history)

Just now, Sebastian_Grimm said:

Those with the Shadow already get no parts;

Uhm, why was Adam complaining about not getting gold for two shadows then?

3 minutes ago, itzjustrick said:

Uhm, why was Adam complaining about not getting gold for two shadows then?

idk. they still own me almost 40 parts
edit: likely from the rounding to the lowest whole number

Oh btw, if we want to do recruitment stuff on like the official discord we might have to come up with a list of requirements etc...

I'm ambivalent about all of the above.  The only part that affects me is the Hades vehicle, and I'm happy with the current one being the M8-120.  I never got the T-90MS, so don't really care what we move to from the M8-120.

FYI - the contract was just completed.  I was online and got a message, so we now have 7 days to choose the next contract.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, itzjustrick said:

Oh and please make it from the next box (so not this one), I want to keep my hard fought over dibs

Yes, you'll get this one. Any changes will only be in effect starting from the next contract.

Ranked is definitely a group effort, but I'm not going to force anyone to do anything. I will however recognize people who put effort into it, though I'm not sure how I would do that yet.

I volunteer for this demanding task

Anyone object? If not you're gonna be our recruiter. :wubseal:

On 8/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, itzjustrick said:

Oh btw, if we want to do recruitment stuff on like the official discord we might have to come up with a list of requirements etc...

It's not like LABS is running out of member slots, so I think we can keep the current requirements of literally anything goes. Will definitely have to revisit this once we get too big, but for now I'd prefer to maintain open to anyone and everyone.

12 hours ago, knutliott said:

FYI - the contract was just completed.  I was online and got a message, so we now have 7 days to choose the next contract.

Everyone have until next Thursday 0000 UTC to tell me which Hades vehicle to pick.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Haswell said:

Ranked is definitely a group effort, but I'm not going to force anyone to do anything. I will however recognize people who put effort into it, though I'm not sure how I would do that yet.

headpats?

I'm not in the battalion so I can only give a much never requested feedback about how NASTY handles the Shadow.
We have a list of people who do have it, those are automatically excluded.
Whoever has the highest contribution among those not yet on that list (which gets updated), gets 100 parts and therefore the whole vehicle.
Reasons for doing this are pretty much that:

• rewards dedication;
  • someone at least gets to "enjoy" the vehicle rather than splitting it into parts so that nobody actually gets it;
  • no arguments, because stats.

Again, none of my business, but that's not a bad idea in my books, nobody ever had any issues with it.

Lets not split the parts, because what that will inevitably lead to is someone getting parts over the required 100, and therefore wasting them.

2 hours ago, Flavio93Zena said:

I'm not in the battalion so I can only give a much never requested feedback about how NASTY handles the Shadow.
We have a list of people who do have it, those are automatically excluded.
Whoever has the highest contribution among those not yet on that list (which gets updated), gets 100 parts and therefore the whole vehicle.
Reasons for doing this are pretty much that:

• rewards dedication;
  • someone at least gets to "enjoy" the vehicle rather than splitting it into parts so that nobody actually gets it;
  • no arguments, because stats.

Again, none of my business, but that's not a bad idea in my books, nobody ever had any issues with it.

I intentionally made it public so others can chime in. I do agree that giving out the whole Shadow is far better than piecemealing the parts out, simply because nobody will ever get a full Shadow that way judging by our rate of completions.

Spoiler

Shadow- i think actual system is fine i don't know how is it working but maybe in some time i will reach it. for me will be optimal just give it from oldest member who wants it to new but with some normal activity. That 100 points feels for me too limiting if i did not run one heroic i will had about 45 points because everyday i am spending 5 mega into batalion contract if people reach rank in pvp it will be less points and faster obtaining parts so that number will be even harder. And i am for give every time whole vehicle not split parts.

PVP- i am not playing but reach 10 points is possible without pvp so no problem there only need to log in once per 15 minutes and once per month refresh that because after month i think that ranks start to getting down

vote-i voted again thunderbolt but sure if someone need only few parts in different vehicle i support that vote

recruitment-i more like how is it now just players who playing for fun and not some elitist batalion who started to kick friends because they are not every day active what starts to happen when batalion reach max active numbers