Terminator83

Sound and other improvements in AW

Hello everybody,

I am asking myself when game Devs will also check the sound produced by tank engines in this game...I do not know if it has ever been upgraded or modified, but is awful..

Every tanks sounds the same, in my opinion. [of course who has better knowledge can contradict me] and it would have been nice to hear the exact sound of a tank in game as in reality..[so many tanks are in museums kept in good conditions], why they do not try to improve the sounds? :-(

I have noticed that some low tier tanks that the machine guns from the turret are missing, or only some parts are left [ Sho't Kal Dalet tier 4 or T62M]

I would like following game aspects to be improved one day::classic_smile:

1. to have the possibility of painting the already premium tanks in normal camo;

2. to be able to add marks on the gun based on some experience;

3. more GUI options to be added, and more graphic details also to be available;

4. some maps definitely need some HD improvements as well as the old vehicles in the game;

This ideas came to my mind and I cannot share them on the game chat as nobody listens..I thought here somebody would read this and also share their opinions!

Thus being said, I salute you all and see us on the battlefield!

P.S: I would like to open a new thread regarding GAME Iron/NATO/EU boxes, as I want to invest again some money in the game!

Bye and have you a pleasant Sunday!

2 hours ago, Terminator83 said:

1. to have the possibility of painting the already premium tanks in normal camo;

Already possible, but limited to non-reskins.

2. to be able to add marks on the gun based on some experience;

Something like the Marks of Excellence in WoT would be nice. The important thing is to make sure the marks actually reflect skill and consistency, not just grinding and getting a lucky game. I really want this, because it will give me a reason to go back and play old vehicles again.

3. more GUI options to be added, and more graphic details also to be available;

Ehhh... I'd take it only if there will be settings that allow me to go beyond potato.

4. some maps definitely need some HD improvements as well as the old vehicles in the game;

I honestly rather see gameplay improvements before visuals. A well-polished turd is still a turd, it's more important to make the game not a turd first.

Moved to Metagame.

Spoiler

The sounds in this game are currently a total joke. This is how it is supposed to sound like: 

That's a WT soundmod currently in development. I can confirm that the Leopard sounds in this video are very authentic. This is how a turbodiesel is meant to sound like! Also notice the sound of the cartridge base hitting the cartridge basket after firing the 120mm. And the sound of the closing gun breech when a shell is reloaded. This is very authentic and makes you feel way more immersed with the game. This soundmod is developed by one guy so it's definitely not an impossible task for some skilled person.

And please those MG sounds in AW are a total joke right now. If you're in sniper view and shooting that coax it is very loud what you can hear in 19:00 in the video comes close to what I mean. And in Sniper mode after you stop firing the MG you should usually hear the last MG shell cartridges hitting the basket. I already suggested this but it does not seem to be a priority for AW I guess.

to have the possibility of painting the already premium tanks in normal camo;

They started to do that with various reskins but there are still some tanks left where you can't do that.

to be able to add marks on the gun based on some experience;

That's a great idea. Something like in WOT I suppose. 

more GUI options to be added, and more graphic details also to be available;

More options are always welcome. Something that bothers me for a long time is that it is not possible to choose your audio output device in the settings.

some maps definitely need some HD improvements as well as the old vehicles in the game;

The general graphics would need an overhaul but that's most probably not gonna happen as the game has more serious issues right now. But they occasionally improve some models and textures in updates.

I would like to open a new thread regarding GAME Iron/NATO/EU boxes, as I want to invest again some money in the game!

I'd not recommend you to do this unless you're familiar with lootboxes and know your risks. Otherwise you're better off just buying the tanks as standalone.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Yes, War Thunder is far in front regarding the sounds of a proper tank engine!! and everybody enjoys when real sounds are heard from the tank you maneuver..

is sad that in AW i hear the same can sound each time..but i hope one day this will be improved!

Maybe there is a chance to adress this topic to SS [if he is still a game moderator] - I dont use Discord from 1 year and i dont know who's who anymore..

Please no!

And i tell it only because so often it happened before that cosmetic changes like the changes in the GUI or sounds had introduced bugs that affected the game play, some of them needed quite a long time to be fixed. Never touch what is working, there is the risk to break it, even more if the AW developers are the ones that touch it...

:winkseal::snrk:

By the way yes, the sound in that video is awesome and the one in our game... not so much. And i would be happy also if some minor fixes to the sound would be done, the main one is about the sound if your own tank has been hit, the sound of both firing your weapons and getting HEAT explosions or AP shells hitting your armor should be the loudest sounds that you hear, while sometimes you can get a whole AGTM salvo by a T15 without any acoustic clue of it happening, while i swear that i could hit the sound of my AP shell hitting the enemy tank when i got the Long Shot achievement, so the enemy tank was at least 800m far.

An example of how every change in this game seems to introduce bugs or strange behaviors is how lately i hear so often my crew screaming that an arty hit is coming even when there are not arty or enemy infantry mortars at all in the game. What your crew tells and the sound of what happens to your tank should not only be cosmetic, giving you a better immersion in a game that anyway has nothing to do with a proper tank simulator, is a completely different thing, they should also give to you useful information on what is happening. If they are misleading, like the warning of arty incoming when there is no arty, not reliable, like the crew only sometimes telling you that something happens, like your ammo been loaded or an enemy been spotted, then i would prefer that the sounds would be fixed to make then more useful then more realistic.

@Haswell Do you know if gun sounds can be modded in? 

Perhaps we could be able to incorporate some other sounds found in projects such as Epic Thunder into AW instead?