Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

In Development: CV90120 Ghost

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-cv90120-ghost

Before we talk about the ultimate prize of the Northern Wind Battle Path, let’s take a quick stop at the vehicle that will be available via blueprints. Like before, the blueprints will be available in the Battle Coin shop (with its expanded and improved inventory) or for completing the Elite mission change. The vehicle in question is the CV90120 Ghost Light Tank.

scr6

Click the image to open a larger version

In Armored Warfare, the CV90120 Ghost will be a Tier 9 Premium Light Tank. But before we tell you more about it, please note:

The numbers below are very preliminary as the vehicle has not been properly tested. They are sure to change and should only be discussed as an indicator of how we’d like to set the vehicle up.

With that being said:

We’re looking at a decent, agile Light Tank with a lot of firepower and excellent camouflage thanks to its ADAPTIV system, which you are already familiar with from the PL-01. But this vehicle will be more than just a PL-01 of Tier 9, much more.

scr7

Let’s start, as usual, with the protection. As you might expect, this won’t be the strongest aspect of this vehicle with the basic hull being able to withstand autocannons only. It’s not all bad though, as the vehicle will have the AMAP-ADS hard-kill APS available as an additional progression module (unlocked by completing Battle Path missions and challenges).

The mobility, on the other hand, will be excellent since we’ve upgraded the Scania DS16 engine to 1200hp, which translates into the acceleration from 0 to 32 km/h in 3.3 seconds and the maximum speed of 70 km/h.

But the fun only really starts with this vehicle’s firepower. In its stock configuration, it’s definitely not anything to scoff at – we’re looking at 120mm smoothbore cannon with 800mm of penetration and the damage per minute value of 7200 units (5 seconds of reload time, 600 points of damage per shot).

scr8

However, you’ll have the option to customize your performance by choosing one of two additional protection modules. Either you can choose to unlock a new shell type with increased penetration (850mm) or you can unlock an entirely new gun. The alternative L/47 LLR cannon has slightly lower penetration (780mm) but comes with a 6-round Ready Rack, allowing you to fire one shell per 2.8 seconds when loaded. And that’s not all – even when empty, the reload time will be exceptionally short (5.6 seconds).

In other words, you can choose between extra penetration and burst damage. It’s worth noting that the Ready Rack option damage per minute value stays roughly the same (7158).

The camouflage will, of course, be excellent, as befits this stealthy vehicle. The baseline camouflage factor value of 27 percent will be complemented by solid viewrange (430m) and the ADAPTIV camouflage system, which provides you with an environmental camouflage bonus when stationary.

scr9

And, last but not least, your active ability options will include Retreat, Zero In and Rapid Fire.

In summation, we’re looking at a vehicle that can be played two ways. First, as a fast hit-and-run Light Tank using the combination of a Ready Rack and its excellent mobility, or as a stealthy sniper using the ADAPTIV system and the upgraded ammunition. While you won’t be as stealthy as dedicated Tank Destroyers or small AFVs, you’ll still be able to do a lot of damage from behind the safety of your lines.

Despite what the article says, it looks exactly like a PL-01 at tier 9, with a ready rack. Might be interesting, need to see how the Anders compare to it.

Spoiler

I don't know how they compute DPM for a ready rack, but 7158 doesn't really seem to make any sense.  Unless they assume a full rack to start, burst out 6 shots, then assume single shot reloads for the rest of the minute?  That would give you roughly 14.2 shots in the first minute, which works out to roughly 500 damage for the "upgraded" gun, but that's only an accurate DPM measurement for the first minute - it isn't sustainable beyond 1 minute.  I'd have to see it in action to see if 500 damage is worth it at Tier 9.  That's only 3k burst damage over the first 14 seconds, too... not exactly devastating especially considering that you'd then need 33.6 seconds to fully reload.  Assuming the Ghost gets HEAT, the average of the Thunderbolt and Anders at Tier 9 is around 680 damage with 885 pen which sounds decent.

I wouldn't call 27% camo "excellent".  It's fine, but it's not great.  The Anders is 33% after all and doesn't need ADAPTIV to get there.

We'll have to see how the armor works out.  The PL-01's numbers indicated that it shouldn't be immune to AC fire from the front (165 mm vs AP), yet it generally is in PvE against my BMPT 2017 which has 185mm pen.  (Tier 9 "Fragile" PL-01's are generally pennable.)  So I take anything they say about armor with a couple cups of salt until I see how it actually works.

On 6/9/2021 at 9:11 PM, knutliott said:

...  So I take anything they say about armor anything with a couple cups of salt until I see how it actually works.

Now it's fixed!

:kek:

• Upvote 1