Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

Spirithaven RAID thread

Since we have a general Spirithaven Megathread, I figured it might also be useful to have one to specifically discuss the Raid event.

If I'm interpreting the screenshots correctly, there appear to be 96 rewards (confirmed by the center dot's tracker) and 176 missions.  It's a 10x10 grid which would be 100 rewards, except that the center 2x2 is missing.  Ergo, 4 missing rewards.  That same 10x10 grid implies 180 missions, but because of the same missing 2x2 grid in the center the total would be 12 lower, but then they've added 12 missions leaving the center dot except that 4 of those are actually part of the center 4x4 grid.  So 4 missions for 176 total missions.

To finish that in 30 days, you'd need to complete 6 missions every day.  And at least to me they don't look like missions that can easily be done in 1 day without a platoon of friends, and even with a platoon of friends they look challenging.  And you need to complete SIX that way every day, presumably for all 5 of you in your platoon.

I guess we'll see how much the tickets cost in gold, because it seems like that's the only reasonable way for 99% of players to get the final reward camo.

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/spirithaven-raid-now-available

The reroll tickets cost 49 gold, the skip tickets cost 499.

Overall it feels a bit stupid. You're only getting skins and other filler fluff at the end of the whole thing, why would anyone want to invest gold into this? Not to mention the missions remind me of the last BP with the dealer and class and tier restrictions, which I absolutely hated.

I might end up flat out ignoring this one, maybe just complete a few missions here and there out of boredom. I just don't see any of this to be worth my time or effort.

Spoiler

As the camo after all is only cosmetic and does not afaik give better camo rate then the many ones we can have for free in other ways i don't see a problem there.

It is probably possible being good enough players and coordinating with other good players in platoon to have it for free, and is also possible to get it paying gold, aka RL money. But is also possible to live without it.

Probably it was a lot worst in the old times when to have a camo, so a real advantage against other players, was only possible spending gold or paying a lot of credits, it was more then 20M to get the 3 camo for a single tank, and for those that are still grinding trough the lines at low-medium tiers credits are the main problem, i remember that i had more then a tank unlocked but no cash to get it at that time.

The old way was somehow a pay to win one, as the players that was willing to spend gold for the camo or the ones that was playing since a long time so had no more credits issues had a real advantage in the PvP modes against the newbies that was not willing to spend real money to get the camo for every not MBT, at now the problem is the fixed cost of the retrofits that then was tier dependent, that make impossible for new players to play with tanks fully retrofitted, if now i sit on over a billion credits and can spend with no problem several millions of credits for a tank that cost, upgrades included, less then a single million i still remember so well how every single credit was so useful when grinding trough the low tiers.

But if only 1% of the players will be able to get a camo, a completely cosmetic thing this days, without paying gold-RL money imo is not an issue at all.

EDIT:

When I go to the AW shop i see that they sell for real money some camo, if they do it probably there are players willing to spend real money for them, and i don't see anything wrong in it as it is not pay to win. So if the raid is a way for those players, that don't care about spending real money on camo, a way to get them in a path that needs also some effort and skill and that probably will let them have the new camo for less money then the ones they buy straight from the shop, supposing that they only re roll some missions and buy few ones, it is an interesting choice for them.

There are also players that like to grind, thing that I personally hate, I have friends that if between a battle path and the next don't have to grind something play a lot less, for them grinding is the main reason and fun of playing, and the Raid seems to be a perfect grind.

As I don't like nor to grind nor to spend RL money for camo i would probably not get it, but I will probably get some useful minor rewards from the Raid, so everyone can be happy for something if the Raid exists.

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)

Yeah once I found out the price to skip I decided to completely ignore this RAID event.  It's just completely stupid.

These are (allegedly) the PvE missions, apparently the PvP missions are very simliar.

Deal 250,000 damage. Only matches with 1st place in damage ranking are count.
Or deal 40,000 damage in a match and collect a Teamwork award.

Destroy or help destroy 250 enemies. Only matches with 10+ kills/assists are count.
Or destroy or help destroy 35 enemies in a match and collect a Teamwork award.

Win 10 matches while achieving 80% accuracy in each match and dealing the most damage of all players.
Or deal 30,000 damage while achieving 90% accuracy in a single match.

Collect 10 Destroyer medals.
Or destroy or help destroy 30 enemies in a single match while achieving 90% accuracy.

Collect 10 Blue Star medals.
Or obtain the Blue Star medal and the Teamwork medal in a single match while achieving 90% accuracy.

Deal 350,000 damage. Each death of yours removes 50,000 points from this mission’s progress.
(AFV) Deal 350,000 damage. Received damage is multiplied by 3 and then deducted from the mission’s progress.
(LT) Deal 350,000 damage. Received damage is multiplied by 10 and then deducted from the mission’s progress.
(MBT) Deal 350,000 damage. Each hit without damage deducts 15,000 points from the mission’s progress.
(TD) Deal 50,000 damage. Only the matches in which you are amongst the 3 best damage dealers of your team count towards this objective.
Or survive a match while dealing the most damage of both teams.

First off, those aren't reasonable mission goals.  At least not when you need to complete 6 of those every day.  Those are essentially reasonable goals for weekly missions, not 6/day missions.

Second, some of those goals include accuracy requirements.  They've completely fucked over accuracy as a stat because any shot that's not at a player or bot vehicle counts as a miss.  I.e. bunkers, pillboxes, infantry, secondaries... you know, things you have to shoot in order to be successful.  My accuracy stat has dropped from the 87-88% back when I had 7000 missions to 75% now with 9000 missions.  That's because I shoot pillboxes to help the team win.  They've fucked up accuracy so badly that I'm now suspicious of people who have high accuracy stats - it implies to me that they're not team players and don't help complete secondaries, or shoot pillboxes/bunkers to help the team win.  Ironic, isn't it?  A high accuracy stat now means you're bad at teamwork.

After wasting most of today playing Ch4, T10 and getting 24 losses in a row and no wins, I decided to skip the end of Spirithaven and not participate in Raid. Its just too frustrating. I probably could have finished grinding my K2 if I hadn’t wasted all my time on Ch4 today.

Wow, most of those missions seem to be the kind that I personally hate to do, as lead to a not natural way of playing, you don't have to play for winning, but have to play in a very selfish way, maybe avoiding to shot at enemies that possibly you can penetrate to focus only on the ones that you will surely penetrate or avoiding to shot at the low health ones as someone can kill them before you as you have some accuracy requirement, even if we don't talk of pillboxes or infantry.

I will probably don't loose much my time with it as it does not seems something i can have fun playing. I hated myself enough the few times i forced myself to play in a not natural way in the last battle path, but then i had to try to get my only T10 premium, as for personal reasons i could not get to the end of the previous ones. But for a camo and some minor goodies, no thank you!

:gruelsealk:

Mostly terrible missions for shitty rewards, a waste of time and an exercise in frustration. Of the first batch, the 2, 6, 8 and 10 o'clock missions are even exactly the same with different vehicles, surely a whole lot of creativity went into these.

3 hours ago, Zardas said:

Mostly terrible missions for shitty rewards, a waste of time and an exercise in frustration. Of the first batch, the 2, 6, 8 and 10 o'clock missions are even exactly the same with different vehicles, surely a whole lot of creativity went into these.

I believe they're randomly generated, so not everyone will have the same starting missions.  But my understanding is that they're randomly generated using the above list plus randomly generated restrictions (vehicles, etc), so there's not going to be a ton of variety no matter what.  I strongly suspect that the real point of the random restrictions is not to "provide variety" but rather to prevent you (or at least make it very difficult) from being able to complete multiple missions at once.

Can I just say: "What have they been drinking/using to ever think that this RAID thing would be a successful event?" A skin? We have dozens of skins, some pretty nice ones and some meh. But dozens of them. Bragging rights? To show your fellow tankers you have the skin or the complete set? As far as I know, you could have bought them, so no bragging there. So, why???

this makes raid shadow legends feels more playable.

also just a heads up to skip the hard mission that gated the corner skins, you need 5 raider passes

AWraidgameplay.png

unknown.png

It is garbage like this that make people criticize the game, and you're only getting a bunch of skins out of all your efforts.

What a joke.

Spoiler

Mission impossible: do the ELITE PVE MISSION with the GAU

:snrk:

each time you kill a bot you probably loose 100K points for the bullets that are already flying...

Those are very crap missions, even if probably it is far from impossible to rig some of them with a good platoon, to remain all alive and to have a T10 tank do 40K damage should not be a real problem if it is the platoon main goal, pick the right mission, shoot only for full damage, possibly also for fires and ammo rack explosions and a lot of tanks have plenty of dpm to do it and can use it as long as someone in the platoon with well armored tanks draw the bots attention and if possible make them or their turrets turn in a way that exposes them to the one that has to farm the damage.

But yep, very crap missions imo, i can not see any fun in playing them, to plan a Spec Op achievement in a full platoon can be fun, as you have to do it once, here you have to do all the missions 5 times to let all the platoon mates get their goals in a very repetitive way as you are doing almost the same thing every goal, with the only difference that a Sphinx, a k21 or an other tank is the one that has to farm the damage, depending on the task requirement.

:gruelsealk:

This evening I will do the 4rth chapter with my battalion mates so I will unlock the Raid, but I doubt that I will put any effort in it, I see no fun in doing it and I can live without that camo and other rewards...