Edit History

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Glops MM sucks balls. How do we fix this shit-show?

Ok I'll start the ball rolling with the following:

Part 1 - Platoons
I counted through my screenshots folder - it took a very long time - and saw which glops matches had a Platoon advantage,

i.e. 2 platoon vs. 1.... 1 vs 0 etc and the results are as follows

Games WON by team with PLATOON advantage:  98
vs.

Games LOST by team with PLATOON  advantage:  42

4 hours ago, reciprocate said:

You know, I never realized that. But you summed up GLOPS PERFECTLY with it. It sucks for the average players like me who play it as a means of a grind without the hyper competitive tryharding of PvP or Ranked, or the monotony of PvE. Wish there would be an effort to rebalance it, but at this point it's not worth the effort.

One quick change I'd put in to GLOPS that'd cause a shitstorm but would be entertaining is removal of allowing any platoons to queue for it - force everyone to solo queue. Less things for the matchmaking algorithm to calculate and attempt to work into when forming the two teams.

3 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Alternatively, you could allow platoons, but with a requirement for them to be internally balanced, so players would have to select slots based on vehicle class or vehicles within a class. This would reduce the frequency of a platoon 'o Pindads.  Reminds me of a SH Ch3 match where I was driving M1 Abrams and MM put me in with a platoon of 4 other M1 Abrams.... clearing the runway did not go well due to lack of DPM.

Especially for GLOPS, I don't feel like I *have* to play a particular vehicle, as long as I get to play... so (even though it's tougher on the MM) it might be nice for any mode to be able to submit a ranked list of vehicles, and for MM to give you a spot in a match based on the vehicles you are willing to play. For example, PVE queue wait for BVP-M80A is 2-3x as long as any other T5-6 right now, but if I could get into a match with less wait using something else, I might be OK with that. The frustration is that you can only offer one vehicle in queue at a time.

This might promote more vehicle diversity in matches, which would also improve balance.

QR 

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Part 1 - Platoons
I counted through my screenshots folder - it took a very long time - and saw which glops matches had a Platoon advantage,

i.e. 1 platoon vs. 2.... 0 vs 1 etc and the results are as follows

vs.

4 hours ago, reciprocate said:

You know, I never realized that. But you summed up GLOPS PERFECTLY with it. It sucks for the average players like me who play it as a means of a grind without the hyper competitive tryharding of PvP or Ranked, or the monotony of PvE. Wish there would be an effort to rebalance it, but at this point it's not worth the effort.

One quick change I'd put in to GLOPS that'd cause a shitstorm but would be entertaining is removal of allowing any platoons to queue for it - force everyone to solo queue. Less things for the matchmaking algorithm to calculate and attempt to work into when forming the two teams.

2 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Alternatively, you could allow platoons, but with a requirement for them to be internally balanced, so players would have to select slots based on vehicle class or vehicles within a class. This would reduce the frequency of a platoon 'o Pindads.  Reminds me of a SH Ch3 match where I was driving M1 Abrams and MM put me in with a platoon of 4 other M1 Abrams.... clearing the runway did not go well due to lack of DPM.

Especially for GLOPS, I don't feel like I *have* to play a particular vehicle, as long as I get to play... so (even though it's tougher on the MM) it might be nice for any mode to be able to submit a ranked list of vehicles, and for MM to give you a spot in a match based on the vehicles you are willing to play. For example, PVE queue wait for BVP-M80A is 2-3x as long as any other T5-6 right now, but if I could get into a match with less wait using something else, I might be OK with that. The frustration is that you can only offer one vehicle in queue at a time.

This might promote more vehicle diversity in matches, which would also improve balance.

QR 

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Platoons

vs.

3 hours ago, reciprocate said:

QR 

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Platoons

Games WON by team with platoon advantage:  98
vs.

Games LOST by team with platoon advantage:  42

3 hours ago, reciprocate said:

QR 

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Platoons

vs.

QR 

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Platoons

vs.

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Platoons

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Platoons

Games WON by team with platoon advantage:  42

Games LOST by team with platoon advantage:  98

Lenticulas

Lenticulas

Platoons
I counted through my screenshots folder and saw which glops matches had a Platoon advantage,

Games WON by team with platoon advantage:  42

Games LOST by team with platoon advantage:  98