Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

STORYLINE CAMPAIGN - MEGATHREAD

Vehicle category choice  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which category should we all play towards?

• Cold War - Russian MBT
    • Cold War - NATO MBT
    • Cold War - Squishy things
    • Modern - Russian MBT
    • Modern - American MBT
    • Modern - Euro MBT
    • Modern - Squishy things
    • Experimental stuff

@Haswell
I haven't had the time to do any of these missions, how many do i need to do, to move on to episode 2? i got the week off, so should be able to get it grinded out

How many missions have you completed so far? You need to complete at least 3 in order to be eligible for ep2.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Aericar said:

@Haswell
I haven't had the time to do any of these missions, how many do i need to do, to move on to episode 2? i got the week off, so should be able to get it grinded out

You need 3 total, and there are 3 remaining to complete.  So it's still possible for you to complete Episode 1, but only if you've already been doing Reinforcements to get the SLEP.  If you haven't been doing Reinforcements (which is trivial), then you cannot personally complete Episode 1 but if you're a registered participant in the Storyline Campaign then it is still good for the community for you to do the last 2 missions.

The community needs to have as many people as possible complete the last 2 missions, which should be pretty easy to complete, so that we can get the rewards and campaign bonuses for them.

Hello, long time lurker here. 

There are three PvE maps that should count for both missions, as they are both night and desert maps:

• Desert Saber
  • Desert Viper
  • Ricochet

I hope this helps, if someone wants to more efficiently grind missions. That is, if they are in an efficient rotation. 

Other than that, I look forward to complete two more missions for both my original and my Steam account. Yes, I must be crazy doing it for two accounts, but so far it worked out.

20 hours ago, knutliott said:

You need 3 total, and there are 3 remaining to complete.  So it's still possible for you to complete Episode 1, but only if you've already been doing Reinforcements to get the SLEP.  If you haven't been doing Reinforcements (which is trivial), then you cannot personally complete Episode 1 but if you're a registered participant in the Storyline Campaign then it is still good for the community for you to do the last 2 missions.

The community needs to have as many people as possible complete the last 2 missions, which should be pretty easy to complete, so that we can get the rewards and campaign bonuses for them.

I have the SLEP, so i can just do these 2 new missions, and im good?

23 hours ago, Haswell said:

How many missions have you completed so far? You need to complete at least 3 in order to be eligible for ep2.

Only the SLEP event, haven't had time, thats why i wanted to know if i still could make it

17 minutes ago, Aericar said:

I have the SLEP, so i can just do these 2 new missions, and im good?

Only the SLEP event, haven't had time, thats why i wanted to know if i still could make it

Yes, complete the two missions, and you will be eligible for the rewards and the next episode.

This campaign could work better if individual effort and choices had direct result to personal rewards. Active players do whole heavy lifting, but in the end it what is matter are sheer numbers of inexperienced, semi-dead participants from buy-ins. What is always important to player are his rewards, and instead here we play a sort of communist roulette. Yeah, whole drama of story could be still driven by all "choices", but who cares.

I was really hoping there would be some sort of carrying mechanic, eg. players who exceed the mission requirements count as multiple completions.

But still, 400 players going into ep2 is a really really low number. I can see why the campaign might end simply due to unacceptable attrition.

Spoiler

On 11/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, dfnce said:

Active players do whole heavy lifting, but in the end it what is matter are sheer numbers of inexperienced, semi-dead participants from buy-ins. What is always important to player are his rewards, and instead here we play a sort of communist roulette.

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Heraclitus  (535-475 BC)

Some updated lore, I can't help but feel like I've seen Gail somewhere else before.

https://aw.my.games/en/perihelion

scr1

Perihelion is a brainchild of David Murdoch, a legendary investor and philanthropist, who made his fortune in the 1980s and 1990s thanks to his almost preternatural ability to recognize trends and invest in tech companies that would later come up with future-shaping technologies.

On the outside, Perihelion exists to manage Murdoch’s vast portfolio of diverse businesses, from an industrial data analysis center to his small private airlines. While many of his businesses use their own separate brands, the Perihelion logo has been prominent enough for it to become the primary brand associated with Murdoch’s enterprises.

A separate Perihelion branch also manages Murdoch’s stock exchange transactions and acquisitions, which seems to be the primary source of the holding’s income. Some have compared Perihelion to a predatory hedge fund – in Chicago, or anywhere else in the world for that matter, you don’t make it without making at least some enemies.

More information about Perihelion will become available during later stages of the Storyline Campaign. Complete Storyline Campaign missions to find out more about Perihelion.

https://aw.my.games/en/david-murdoch

murdoch

• Date of Birth: ???
  • Place of Birth: ???

David Murdoch is a legendary investor who made his fortune in the 1980s and 1990s thanks to his almost preternatural ability to recognize trends and invest in tech companies that would later come up with future-shaping technologies.

While he remains one of America’s richest people, his days of acquiring wealth seem to be behind him as he focuses on philanthropy and public appearances including lectures and TED talks, leaving his fortune in the care of Perihelion staff.

David Murdoch does not generally participate in politics, but his deeply traditionalist views have earned him more than a few enemies amongst the U.S. elite. Otherwise, little is known about his life, including his marital status, parental status or place of residence. By his own account, he was married at one point in his life since he sometimes references a wife in his speeches, although always in past tense only. What transpired exactly is unknown.

More information about David Murdoch will become available during later stages of the Storyline Campaign. Complete Storyline Campaign missions to find out more about David Murdoch.

https://aw.my.games/en/samuel-thorpe

thorpe2

• Date of Birth: December 12, 1997
  • Place of Birth: New York City

Samuel Thorpe was born during the first years of the Collapse, although it wasn’t known as such back then. His parents perished during a violent civil revolt, murdered by a vicious mob. In an out of foster homes for most of his youth, life offered Samuel few options but to join the U.S. Army, where he learned the basic infantryman skills.

Later, he became a small-time mercenary as many opportunities arose for the men of his profession. After a botched job in Dubai, he found himself stranded in Chicago, low on money and without a prospect of getting another mercenary work anytime soon. He was saved by a lucrative job offer from Perihelion and joined its forces training in Arizona soon afterwards.

Samuel is relatively inexperienced and eager to claw his way up the food chain to reach the top.

More information about Samuel Thorpe will become available during later stages of the Storyline Campaign. Complete Storyline Campaign missions to find out more about Samuel Thorpe.

https://aw.my.games/en/gail-espinoza

espinoza

• Date of Birth: ???
  • Place of Birth: ???

Little is known of Gail Espinoza’s past and she certainly likes to keep it that way. Diminutive in stature, she more than makes up for her size handicap with her choleric personality. She’s brave to the point of being foolhardy but at the same time strangely indecisive when it comes to everything Perihelion-related.

Slow to trust and keeping everyone at arm’s length, Gail Espinoza is one giant mystery wrapped in an enigma even to her peers as she never talks about her past save for a few shreds of information. Her and David Murdoch clearly have some sort of past as he tends to trust her the most and did put her in charge of his armed forces until the arrival of Samuel Thorpe. This change in leadership made her somewhat bitter as she feels she once again has to prove herself to someone new. Despite this setback, she's fiercely protective of Murdoch and for reasons unknown, she seemingly harbors ill feelings to Norah Ferguson.

More information about Gail Espinoza will become available during later stages of the Storyline Campaign. Complete Storyline Campaign missions to find out more about Gail Espinoza.

Spoiler