Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

STORYLINE CAMPAIGN - MEGATHREAD

Vehicle category choice  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which category should we all play towards?

• Cold War - Russian MBT
    • Cold War - NATO MBT
    • Cold War - Squishy things
    • Modern - Russian MBT
    • Modern - American MBT
    • Modern - Euro MBT
    • Modern - Squishy things
    • Experimental stuff

On 7/20/2021 at 11:59 AM, TeyKey1 said:

The price should be 35999BC

IIRC it doesn't have any upgrades

Rather than waiting in suspense for the 2017 to maybe appear in my BP shop within the next 2 weeks, I broke down and bought one from the Week of Russia event. I figured if I got 12 months of Storyline entertainment out of it, it would be about the same as having access to another BP.  After playing the new desert PVE maps, I also felt that the devs earned a couple pizzas for their work.

As a purchased vehicle, the 2017 comes fully upgraded with a level 5 crew. Nothing left to upgrade except for retrofits if you want them.

DVC, QR

Any word on when this will start?

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

I completely forgot to post the update here, sorry.

Z7dTJIQ.png

So I'm guessing early September if all things go well. Whenever it starts, I'll just be glad to not be hampered by vehicle restrictions in the BP.

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Haswell said:

I completely forgot to post the update here, sorry.

Z7dTJIQ.png

So I'm guessing early September if all things go well. Whenever it starts, I'll just be glad to not be hampered by vehicle restrictions in the BP.

Thanks Haswell.  Trying to time some things to my desire to want to do this.

Mid September, so 2-3 weeks from now.

Just to remind everyone, we will be playing modern Russian stuff. If you don't already have some of the required vehicles, get them soon so you can participate!

Active Campaign Rules

To sum things up, the Storyline Campaign Chapter 1 will start with the following active rules:

Vehicles of Choice – Samuel Thorpe chose to arm his outfit with Russian MBTs. These vehicles are considerably rarer than their older Cold War era counterparts, but a number of them made it to the American market. They are expensive to buy and even more expensive to keep running, but only a few of these will give your outfit the firepower normally reserved for actual military units and corporations, and the respect that goes with it. This category includes the following vehicles: T-80U, T-90, T-72B3, T-90A, T-90MS, BMPT-72 and BMPT Mod.2017.

• Difficulty modifier: +30%
  • Professional: Only professional PMCs and large corporate units can afford contemporary military-grade hardware. Your opponents and allies will take you very seriously, which is not always a good thing, as you will definitely not pass unnoticed. On the bright side, with one of these vehicles, you can take on pretty much anyone. (Difficulty modifier when fighting corporations: 0%, difficulty modifier when fighting national armies: +20%, all rewards are increased by 10%)
  • Russian: With these vehicles in your outfit and some preparations, you can (at least generally) pass as a member of the Russian military (may lead to some contextual bonuses, depending on your choices), but don’t expect a warm welcome in the United States of America
  • Mods: These vehicles will be possible to upgrade using a Modification mechanism in later episodes

Additional Rules

• Smart: During his interview, Samuel Thorpe displayed an affinity for solving complex issues on the fly. Difficulty modifier: -20%
  • Codebreaker: Samuel Thorpe is proficient in breaking basic forms of code. This may lead to contextual bonuses depending on your choices.

:drunkseal:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Haswell said:

2yVimg4.png

The date is now set for sure, mark your calendars (and brace for delays).

Missing some context here ... is it not going to be easy for the devs, or not easy for the players??  Hope SS had a restful holiday in either case.

QR

Likely won't be easy for the players. Not necessarily super grindy, but might take some thinking and awareness for the entire campaign.

LgFKzjy.png

Spoiler

On 9/1/2021 at 7:51 AM, Haswell said:

Likely won't be easy for the players. Not necessarily super grindy, but might take some thinking and awareness for the entire campaign.

LgFKzjy.png

That first line is worrisome.  It's troll/griefing bait.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, Haswell said:

LgFKzjy.png

As  long as the rules are laid out somewhat, I'm down for the whole making things worse.

14 hours ago, Haswell said:

Small tidbit that I forgot to repost here:

NwaDKIx.png

lmao this tidbit is absolutely based.

"China doesn't exist because the US nuked the shit out of their army 80 years ago"

Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

WARNING: LOTS OF TEXT (sorry SS I need to skip the story here, will link it somewhere else)

I'm going to split things up here. Only the most important info will be pasted here, other general info about the campaign will go in the first post.

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/storyline-campaign-episode-1-now-available

Registration

But first things first. To participate in Episode 1, you need to have registered by submitting your name and by completing the relatively simple Prologue chapter.

List of Currently Eligible Players who completed the Prologue chapter (Click to Open)

The good news is, even if you missed out on Prologue, you can still catch up and become eligible to participate in the campaign. There are four ways to do this:

warrior1

• Way of the Warrior:

You are a part of the Perihelion infantry outfit undergoing training under Samuel Thorpe. There aren’t enough tanks to train everyone, but, luckily for you, Perihelion also purchased a couple of obsolete IFVs for training.

To become eligible for the Storyline Campaign, win 100 PvE matches or 70 PvP (Random Battle) matches using one of the following vehicles: BMP-1 or BMP-2 until the end of Episode 1 (which will take several weeks, so there’s a plenty of time).

Please note that these PvP/PvE objectives cannot be combined. You complete one or the other, but they do not add up in any way. You can complete this objective at any point during the Episode – you will become retroactively eligible to all the prizes of the Episode missions you have completed. In other words, if you aren’t eligible right now (having missed the Prologue chapter), you can start with the first mission (as described below) and only complete the Way of the Warrior mission at the end of the episode, at which point you receive the reward and will be added to the list of eligible players.

This is the main and most reliable way to obtain access.

merch

• Way of the Merchant:

You are a small-time dealer procuring arms, spare parts and other military items for Perihelion – whatever the customer desires. You decide to align with Perihelion because you can smell profits from a mile away. Conflict’s good for business and this might be a big one. You can become eligible immediately by purchasing the Perihelion bundle via MY.GAMES Market – as simple as that.

Click here to open the Market website and acquire the bundle.

analyst

• Way of the Analyst

You are a military or financial analyst seeking new challenges in private sector and Perihelion, led by a legendary investor, seems like just the right career move for you. You can become eligible by being the first to complete a secret objective. Each Episode has one or more secret objectives. Secret objectives do not require direct gameplay. They are more about your ability to understand the lore and to solve puzzles.

They can be extremely difficult and only the first winner will receive the reward. On the other hand, the reward is typically substantial.

luck

• Way of the Merc

You are another soldier fortune drawn to Perihelion and its emerging military force. You can become eligible by winning the access in an official contest on Discord or Armored Warfare Social Media. This way relies on luck more than anything else, but you are free to try!

Updates on eligible players will be published regularly (approximately weekly). Please follow the portal to find out more.

CURRENT MISSION

https://aw.my.games/en/mission-training

In this mission, Samuel Thorpe trains with the Perihelion troops and learns various tactics and to operate in the desert while participating in a series of mock battles.

scr1

Objectives:

Complete the objective between September 15, 2021 and September 26, 2021 (23:59 CEST):

• Play 42 matches in Random Battles, standard PvE or Special Operations using any of the Storyline Campaign vehicles

Special Rules:

• Introduction: This mission does not use the Asset and Morale rules. Simply complete it to see what’s next. However, at least 25% of Storyline Campaign participants need to have the mission completed by September 27, otherwise the campaign ends right here and now
  • Driving while Black: In a previous article, you chose dark colors for Perihelion’s vehicles. These, however, are not very suitable for hot environments as they absorb heat and make the crew compartment as well as training extremely uncomfortable, even for the accompanying troops. Added an extra 5% difficulty modifier (already reflected in the requirement above)

Rewards:

• 550.000 Credits (+10% included)
  • 2 Gold Loot Crates

Note: current campaign vehicles

• 1 T-80U (Tier 7 MBT)
  • 1 T-90 (Tier 7 MBT)
  • 1 T-72B3 (Tier 8 MBT)
  • 1 T-90A (Tier 8 MBT)
  • 1 T-90MS (Tier 9 MBT)
  • 1 BMPT-72 (Tier 9 TD)
  • and 1 BMPT Mod.2017 as Samuel Thorpe's personal vehicle

Spoiler

They will never learn not to put stupid gamebreaking tanks in special events? So now every battle is absolutely infested with Mod. 2017s and Ramkas making PvE really frustrating. Fix those goddamn things already, put them at tier 10 or something.

22 minutes ago, Schlock said:

They will never learn not to put stupid gamebreaking tanks in special events? So now every battle is absolutely infested with Mod. 2017s and Ramkas making PvE really frustrating. Fix those goddamn things already, put them at tier 10 or something.

Those are the vehicles that we, the players, chose.  So of course they're part of the event - we asked for them.

Note that the second one is the Tier 9 Termi 2, not the Tier 8 Ramka.  The Termi 2 is still OP, but significantly less so than the 2017 is at Tier 8.

Looks like I need to get in 42 battles before I leave on vacation.  Then hopefully I'll have time to catch up with whatever other missions are available once I get back.  Bad timing to take a 10-day vacation!

Just to clarify a bit, in case people are still confused. The vehicles here (including reskins) are the ONLY ones that count for the campaign. T-90MS Hades is NOT a campaign vehicle.

XGxUyNn.png

And these are the game modes that count for the current mission:

zsswDnw.png

Edited by Haswell
Fixed wording (see edit history)

Spoiler

https://aw.my.games/en/mission-deadshot

This is an individual objective that does not use the standard rules of the Storyline Campaign and offers you the opportunity to earn bonus prizes.

Objectives:

Between September 20 (00:01 CEST) and September 26, 2021 (19:00 CEST):

• Deal as much damage from 300 meters or more as possible using a Storyline Campaign vehicle in a single match in any of the following modes: Random Battle PvP, Global Operations, regular PvE, Special Operations, War Games
  • Submit the Team and Detailed tab screenshots to the Result form linked below

Rewards:

• BMPT Mod.2017 Tier 8 Premium Tank Destroyer (or 9.000 Gold if you have it already) for the 2 best submitted results
  • BMPT Mod.2017 Tier 8 Premium Tank Destroyer (or 9.000 Gold if you have it already) for 1 randomly selected valid result
  • Morale: +1 (if at least 1000 valid results are submitted within the allotted time)

Please note:

• To participate, you must be eligible for the Storyline Campaign by September 26, 2021
  • You can only submit one submission
  • Storyline Campaign vehicles are listed in the Episode 1 article
  • All submitted results must be from the battles that take place during the abovementioned time frame
  • Platoons are not allowed
  • We will crosscheck all results with our database, any attempts at cheating will lead to immediate Storyline Campaign disqualification (as well as further punishments)
  • Winning a prize counts towards your "Episode 1 completed" objective as a completed mission

Submission link: https://forms.gle/qEg8MWngzX5gnay5A

It's an easy objective, just deal ANY damage from 300m+ and submit. Don't even worry about the competition.

aLCQuK8.jpg

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Haswell said:

https://aw.my.games/en/mission-deadshot

It's an easy objective, just deal ANY damage from 300m+ and submit. Don't even worry about the competition.

LOL thank god this missions isn't mandatory, staying 300m+ away is anathema to my playstyle. I went thru the dossier to maybe find few games where I did some long-range damage and I think my best was something like 1000.

image.png.61cc9b406f23fc63d56302dc382a6f9e.png

On 9/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, Haswell said:

Just to clarify a bit, in case people are still confused. The vehicles here are the ONLY ones that count for the campaign (excluding reskins). T-90MS Hades is NOT a campaign vehicle.

• Skins and reskins (vehicles with hard-coded skins) do count except for Hades vehicles

Wait so the T-80U Shark and Spacewalker don't' count? 

They do count since they are reskinniums. I guess I should have worded that more clearly, sorry.

Spoiler

Well if SS and Co plan for greater participation, they should not throw such requirements on verge of BP ending time when players are rather exhausted and burnt out. Even current event for M69A3 SLEP is like 23 total matches/missions played over 25 days is much more relaxing and you actually know what are goals and rewards are in reach. Player has UI tracker to support and simple rules.

When i read Episode 1 intro, somewhat I felt that it is the end because the timing was wrong and requirements were pretty steep. A lot of filler lines of texts to read through just to find one number (vehicles to kill), I am not saying that 3-4 missions daily is a lot. And I rather think now that community could have better chances with tier 10 prems. When you locked to some tier 8, well at least two vehicles are prems (t72b3 and t2017) so it makes some sense to play them and it all felt to me as "forced" playing, no fun despite RU vehicles are very capable in game.

3 hours ago, Haswell said:

Rcxm2RD.png

Wow. Very unfortunate... there are probably quite a few people who acquired vehicles just to do the storyline. I snagged a BMPT 2017 and grabbed Ophelia from the BP to optimize its capability, rather than getting the BP rank vehicles.  So now they are going to just collect dust.

And I'm guessing that since we failed the training mission, there's no reward for the folks that put in the 42 missions. This might seed discouragement among the more ardent members of the player base.

Sorry SS won't see his glorious campaign come to fruition. I'm sure the remaining episodes were going to be diabolical.

DVC, 

QR