Sign in to follow this  
Qbicle

Spirithaven BP Preview

Looks like the tier 10 equivalent of a Leo 1, meh.

Unless it has amazing DPM, I have serious doubts about the Type 10's capabilities. From the look of things even the PL-01 seems to be a better squishy than this, and it actually has good camo to boot.

Color me not impressed. :boredseal:

Spoiler

It looks like they have learnt from the CATTB disaster. This one actually sounds balanced at first sight and does not carry any incredibly stupid/broken ability. I guess that pen indicator is a nice to have feature but won't break the game. Looks like a fun to play tank. But probably not for the frontline. I actually prefer if they introduce it a bit too weak at the start and then buff it if it is not competitive. Definitely better for their image.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

My only problem with a MBT that the developers tell to be an hybrid between a proper MBT and a LT is that the engine in the match making, will consider it as a MBT.

I am not telling that all the MBTs should be well armored as the ADTU, 490 or CATTB, but both in PvE and in PVP i see a problem. When in a PvE mission it is the only MBT the party completely lacks of a well armored tank that can take some hits, while it has no camo, only a burst damage that against a large number of bots means almost nothing, you can take down that Bradley fast, but if you have no way to bounce the shots of the other 3-5 bots that probably are around the burst damage is not going to save you.

In PvP it is maybe even worst, as its will be matched against tanks that actually have armor, but we can not really tell anything before we actually try it, may be that the burst damage, as the penetration seems good and the protection, before the NERA deteriorates, make it a playable tank.

Surely also I am very happy that is not an abomination like the 490 and the CATTB was, and to some extent still continue to be even after the nerfs. It is possible that, after they introduced Premium tanks that was indeed too OP, and I would also add at least the York in the list, now they chose to go too much on the other side of the balance, but if so better buff later then nerf later, as @TeyKey1 tells.

This is like an odd plot twist.

An MBT with "armor", good pen but meh damage per shot.

Armor wears out.  40 tons.

It starts to sound like one of those things where it starts off one way but turns into something else.  Someone may want an MBT at the beginning of the match but at the end of the match wish they brought an LT.  Sounds like it may allow for some risk taking before you have to dial it back.

I'm interested to see where this goes.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

You're late.

On 4/30/2020 at 5:03 PM, Haswell said:

Found some hints about the next BP. It will supposedly be called Enigma's Legacy, but that might change. We can probably guess the theme though.

MIlnsQF.png

Pay no heed to the Griffin 120 or York or Brosat references, those are likely just copy/pasted strings from the last BP out of laziness. I sometimes do the same as well.

I can somewhat deduce a few things from this:

• It will be related to the SH story, too bad I paid no attention to it.
  • Similar to the previous BPs, there will be 4 mission paths, 3 of which are probably ticket unlocks and the last one only available after the first 3 are completed.
  • There may not be stupid restrictions (ie. HEAT only, shell caliber, vehicle class) to the mission paths this time, since the descriptions don't reference anything specific.
  • We know there will be 5 reward vehicles for the BP. Assuming the mission paths offer existing vehicles again, that's at least 3 (maybe 4) vehicles unlockable from leveling up the BP and 1 from lootboxes. I'm not too certain about this though, since it's all placeholders for now.
  • Vaults. Fallout x Armored Warfare anyone?

Spoiler

It's official now. https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-battle-path-enigmas-legacy

Mechanics-wise, the Enigma’s Legacy Battle Path will be similar to the Last Patriot one with the principles being roughly the same. Once you acquire access to the campaign, you’ll be earning Battle Coins and spending them on Battle Path progress. Battle Coins will be earned either by just playing or by completing missions. Four mission sets along with repeatable daily Battle Coin Missions and hallenges will be available like the last time. The mission sets will consist of:

• Kill-oriented missions
  • Damage-oriented missions
  • Support-oriented missions

Completing all three mission sets will unlock the fourth, ultimate mission set.

The campaign will feature several Premium vehicles available as a part of the campaign’s basic level progress. These will be:

• Type 74 Tier 5 Premium MBT for unlocking the Battle Path (achieving Level 1)
  • Seongun-915 Tier 6 Premium MBT for achieving Level 10
  • SBS Pindad Tier 8 Premium AFV for achieving Level 30
  • Type 10 Hitomaru Tier 10 Premium MBT for achieving Level 50

Additionally, the Hunter AFV Tier 9 Premium AFV will become available after the launch of the Battle Path a part of the Enigma Loot Crate, containing its blueprints as well as other goodies. The missions will then reward you with special animated “Enigma” skins for the Battle Path vehicles.

Apart from the abovementioned Premium vehicles, the Battle Path levels will contain other rewards such as Battle Coin boosters, camouflages, decals, avatars, Gold, boosters and much more.

The Workshop will also be making a comeback, allowing you to further improve your prize vehicles by completing Battle Path missions or Challenges. You can also use the Workshop to upgrade the older Last Patriot Battle Path vehicles.

With that being said, we’ve implemented several changes to the Enigma’s Legacy Battle Path compared to the Last Patriot one:

• Mission sets will no longer be unlocked by using tickets, but by Battle Path progression (the first set will be unlocked on Level 1, the second on Level 10, the third on Level 30)
  • The final mission set will require (apart from completing the other mission sets) reaching Level 50
  • Set Missions (unlike daily Battle Coin Missions or Challenges, which have their own requirements) now require the use of a vehicle from this Battle Path (one of the four abovementioned ones)
  • No new Commander will be available this Battle Path

Other than that, the mechanics will remain the same, as will the entry price. The existing mechanics will be described in detail in the FAQ section upon the Battle Path’s launch.

I'm not quite sure I like the idea of mission sets unlocking at higher ranks, since it means there will be a need to grind for coins just to unlock the missions. That is assuming the mission sets will have goodies at the end as well, so there's a potential for the whole BP to be one massive grindfest.

Definitely not a fan of the missions requiring specific vehicles to be completed. Assuming the mission requirements will be just as terrible as the previous BPs, having to grind them out in what already look like mediocre vehicles sounds like nothing but pain and suffering.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the coin requirements for advancing up the ranks will be a lot higher this time as well, since everybody had the opportunity to stockpile coins from spec ops boxes for months now.

Spoiler

The appropriate quote for having to play the Pindad:

Seriously, a HE only sort-of-MLRS in anything other than PvP sounds super well thought out. But then the gimmicks of the high tier BP vehicles are already extremely PvP-centric.

Honestly, only the Pindad and Hunter look interesting to me.  To be fair I'm probably discounting the potential appeal of the Type 10 due to how bad the K2 is, but there's really not a lot about this Battle Path to draw me in.  The Type 74 and Seongun-915 are - at best - MBTs at uninteresting tiers, so there's little chance of them being worth any effort at all.

I have 20+ BC boosts saved so shouldn't have too much trouble completing the BP if I want to, but I'm really starting to doubt whether or not I'll even want to.

It's not. It's there to make you think the other two offers are good deals, and people actually fall for it. Remember unlike physical goods, digital goods lack the cost of manufacturing, so they don't lose any money by throwing up outrageous offers. They in fact earn a handy profit when suckers fall for it.

personali-1.jpg

Spoiler

I grabbed some screenshot before server closed, and here it is.

Since attachment file size is so low, I will post imgur link instead.

But it will be probably heavily work in progress, so don't consider this as final products.

https://imgur.com/a/1pffULp

First, Type 74.

Most noticeable thing in module is thermal imager, which gives pretty good anti-foliage bonus.

Aramid Module Liner, Optimized Ammo Rack and Reinforced Tracks should be workshop parts, but I don't have information about actual stat.

Armorwise it have pretty good turret armor compared to Leo 1 or AMX-40, but hull armor is not that great.

https://imgur.com/a/8sd6JXI

Seon'gun-915.

Considering its T-62 based tank, its surprisingly protected and mobile, even better than T-80B.

Downside is that it doesn't have reload upgrade, HEAT round, and weapon switch time is pretty long.(almost 2 seconds)

https://imgur.com/a/aI9YWF7

SBS Pindad.

Its pretty interesting one. Its only armed with short ranged, high arc trajectory HE rockets.

With appropriate range, it will be devastating top-attack weapon, but also should be very situational and weak to moving targets.

Personally, I think this one is test bed for upcoming MLRS vehicles.

https://imgur.com/a/UjnqDlO

Hunter AFV.

Its really similar to AS21 Redback, but have different ATGM and equipped with new mechanism, NERA.

It have two ATGM weapon choice between single launcher and double launcher.

I didn't captured armor profile in time, but its armor was slightly worse than Redback, but CE protection was slightly better.

Also, infantry compartment is just normal one, not larger one as Redback.

https://imgur.com/a/JKc7R89

And finally, Type 10. Since server was closed while I capturing Hunter, I don't have many screenshot of it.

Currently, NERA arrangements are weird, but its work in progress I guess.

NERA have armor value of 600mm in KE, 900mm in CE, and attached to front turret, side turret, and front hull.

The armor module doesn't stated HP of NERA, so I have no idea how long it will last in battle.

Without NERA, its really vulnerable to anything(with only 150mm at best in side turret), but front turret still have good armor without it.

Weaponwise it have 825mm AP and 850mm HEAT-MP, pretty much same as stated in the article.

The basic ballistic whatever module have pretty straightforward feature. It displays exact penetration value in the down left side of the reticle.

Looks like the Type 74 will get a 3 round RR with the overprogression module, 2 rounds when stock. Also HEAT.

Might be fun, might even be on par with the AMX-40 assuming the stats are decent.

PBhL8Qj.png

Pindad in its current iteration is awful. The massive arc and long flight time means hitting anything beyond 100m require the targets be absolutely stationary, for a good 10 seconds or so from when you fire to the first rocket actually landing.

d9oEwoP.pngfmxV38s.png

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)

Spoiler

>Hunter gets PELE

I kind of hope this is an error, otherwise it's just going to be a generally better redback for everything other than getting infantry missions done.  Even without PELE it looks p. strong.

I made a video of some PVE gameplay with the Pindad.

Most testers currently think it is shit for PVE. In my opnion it's actually quite good. It could use some faster reload but other than that it's unique to play. Not easy to master but actually fun to play because it requires some thinking to work.

Spoiler

Pindad looks extremely dependent on the map selection in order to perform "well". Maps where bots tend to sit still or not move around much give best results, and your ability to perform in close quarters really depend on how much cover is immediately available for you to abuse.

I did notice that it has extremely high good camo and view range, and you get Designate Target for getting more assist damage. I guess pure vision control is another way to play it?

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Haswell said:

I did notice that it has extremely high good camo and view range, and you get Designate Target for getting more assist damage. I guess pure vision control is another way to play it?

Yes you won't get to the dmg output of Termis and autocannons in general. It's as well hard to keep up with a good LT or TD player. But camo and viewrange are quite good so I try to rely on those to compensate the "lack" of damage. Don't get me wrong, it can do quite some damage but there are clearly better options in this regard.

Additionally you have to exploit bot dumbness as often as possible. Eg. shooting stationary targets and so on. I think it can work on open maps if you have a decent MBT that tanks the damage while you try to keep behind it and dump your salvos.

Currently it feels like a very good spotter with a rather gimmicky weapon system that requires some brain to use without getting killed. It's not trash at all in my opinion but it could benefit from a faster reload in PVE I think.

As well the performance depends heavily on the team. If there are enough idiots who camp you can farm all the spot damage and do damage along the way, while having a good team on the other hand doing this can become hard/impossible.

Spoiler

@TeyKey1 It has been a great afternoon platooning with you, lot of fun!

:happyseal:

But I would say that you are well over the average level of the PvE players, to do the things that I saw you doing playing, and watching the video gave me even more insight of how you did use the tank, a lot of skill and finesse is needed.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for having at least some tanks that are rewarding only if played in a skillful way, I had nothing against the  VBL in Random Battle before the nerf as only with skill and very sharp reflexes it was the killer machine that almost everybody (but those able to use it) complained about, but if an average player would have attempted to use it that way... And I don't have anything against the T40 now, even if I have something against the T40 + Ophelia combo, but IMO that commander is broken in some modes, was an error to implement her that way and she ruins the GLOPS promoting suicide tactics. There are so many alternatives to the Pindad and it is probably a tank fun to play for those that have the needed skills, so I think that probably is a very good tank, not OP, like some other Premiums introduced lately, and that requires a very unique playing style.

By the way thank you for not putting in the video the couple of very bad games I had when platooning with you, for sure i had a very bad game with the Griffin with AC, tank in which i usually do quite well, I really appreciate it.

:winkseal:

33 minutes ago, BumbaX said:

It has been a great afternoon platooning with you, lot of fun!

Yes was fun :sealofapproval:

34 minutes ago, BumbaX said:

But I would say that you are well over the average level of the PvE players, to do the things that I saw you doing playing, and watching the video gave me even more insight of how you did use the tank, a lot of skill and finesse is needed.

Yes that's probably the case. It's definitely not easy to play. I'm sure this thing will get changed before the release and it only depends on wether the devs actually listen to feedback and to whose feedback as well, as there are multiple different opinions about it. One thing is for sure. It simply can't be balanced to make all modes equally happy. 

I like vehicles that are hard to play so I automatically liked the Pindad in PVE. However it seems to me that AW is trying to head towards the opposite direction of making everything as easy as possible. What I want to avoid for this BP is to have them release a way too strong prem and then nerf it again. It's better to buff it later. Otherwise folks with pitchforks'll flood the discord :riotk:

40 minutes ago, BumbaX said:

By the way thank you for not putting in the video the couple of very bad games I had when platooning with you, for sure i had a very bad game with the Griffin with AC, tank in which i usually do quite well, I really appreciate it.

Haha wasn't probably performing well in this one either. Considering I failed horribly in raiding party :kek:

Spoiler

On 5/16/2020 at 10:15 AM, Spyshadow01 said:

>Hunter gets PELE

I kind of hope this is an error, otherwise it's just going to be a generally better redback for everything other than getting infantry missions done.  Even without PELE it looks p. strong.

Note that its AP is 40mm but its PELE is 30mm.  It's the AP that's really the big upgrade over the AS21, doing 38 damage instead of (IIRC) 22.  The PELE looks similar to me without logging in to check my AS21, which means that on the Hunter you might actually carry both types of ammo, or might even only carry AP.

There are situations where the AS21's Javelins are very useful, though they're rare.  (Quarterback comes to mind; parking on the hill on the far side of the refinery to spot for your mortar teams while adding your own top-downs is a pretty solid way to blue star that map every time.)  Losing one mortar team vs the AS21 is a pretty big difference as well if you know how to use mortar teams.

For me the biggest difference between them is that the Hunter is a premium.  I was a little annoyed that the AS21 was so much better than the K21 because I prefer to play premiums for the extra credits whenever possible.  But I'll basically never choose the K21 over the AS21... hopefully the Hunter will be good enough (if not better) that I'll be happy playing it.  (E.g. BMPT Reaper vs Ramka-99.  The Ramka is better, but the difference is small enough that I still happily play the Reaper.  Or at least did until I got the 2017.)

T5 in competition with the dakadaka premium tank from the last battle path, i suppose the MBTs will have an easy life when a single York eats half of the enemy HP. I played it yesterday as I had to get 5 Destroyer medals for a mission, and I wanted to do it in 5 missions, but every time I take it I just feel guilty... Possibly is fastest in T3, lower alpha and reload, enemies with less hp, but even a very good player in T5 MBT, if he finds 1 good York player or 2 semi decent ones can not do much other then watch the bots melt as he waits to reload.

Great decisions developers!:snrk:

At present, the Hunter has Wilk syndrome really bad.  As in, you run out of ammo basically immediately, and in every game.  It's for all intents and purposes a tracked Wilk with a slightly higher ROF on the gun.  That being said, I'm one of those lunatics that actually enjoyed the Wilk as I played through it, soooo...  

Found the mission descriptions of the 4 mission sets, plus the repeatables. Being stupidly boring and grindy aside, they look fairly easy to complete especially in platoons. Assist damage will likely be the most annoying one though, since there's no counter for you to keep track of how much assist damage you've racked up until after the match ends.

Thank goodness the repeatable missions won't follow the stupid tier/class/dealer format.

bPPHZ7G.png

d4tuyh7.png

2OtCMwC.png

Spoiler