Sign in to follow this  
Qbicle

Spirithaven BP Preview

Panzersofa showed some of the concept art for the upcoming Battle Path.

https://vk.com/panzer_sofa?w=wall-102237486_244416

MuXLYHXLIS0.jpg

900FXF_sgjc.jpg

l3sONkdwlO8.jpg

Quoting SS (Source):

They are just concepts. Like "do you want this, or that - post apocalypse skins or more like Asian skins"

Also Type 74 will be the first BP reward (Source) and Type 10 the ultimate reward (Source).

Unfinished Type 74 preview:

ScreenShot0000.jpg

ScreenShot0001.jpg

----

And so all of the Japanese vehicles currently in service bar Type 16 MCV ended up as premium vehicles in AW. :sadseal:

• Upvote 1

aMcZOFg.png

Type 74: here's a Leo 1, now with 100% more anime. It will probably be a tier 4 or tier 5, doesn't look like it can do anything exceptionally well to be tier 6 material. No composite armor either so Swingfires will eat it alive, but maybe the turret will be relatively hardy with ricochet angles against AP?

Please no more skins, unless they come with special abilities like making your enemies bleed from their eyeballs.

Spoiler

I think the Type 74 will be placed somewhere around T3-T5.
And I really like that concept skin on the Type 10!

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Will it have lower DPM than the Leo 1A5 to compensate for having active suspension? The 1A5 is already pretty miserable for being extremely squishy in a world full of Swingfires, a 1A5 with even lower DPM doesn't make me too excited.

:boredseal:

Spoiler

IRL Type 74 shares the same ammo as Type 16 MCV, but firepower-wise that would make it potentially too powerful at tier 5. I'd guess there will be quite a bit of tweaking to tune it down to competitive level.

aMcZOFg.png

When you want to put a tank that was first produced in 1975 (Type 74) with in the same tier with a tank that began production 10 years earlier and that ended production, if not for some export versions, in 1979 (Leopard 1) you surely have to tweak something to balance them...

When the Type entered in production the Leo was an almost obsolete tank, whose production stopped 4 years later. But i would say that what a tank is in RL, how it actually performs, does not absolutely matters in this game, that is not a realistic tank simulator, we had completely different versions of the T14 or of the Sphinx just to make an example, thee has been a time when the T14 had the best armor and was super fast, and you saw parties with 12 T14 in Random battle and Glops, and the old AC of the Sphinx was completely different of the actual one, it had more a Draco like alpha.

As long as a tank is balanced with the other ones of its tier, and when you see too many of them or never see one of them probably it is not well balanced, if it uses a different ammo of the RL one i personally don't see any problem.

@Silentstalker Can we expect some high-tier light tanks with some armor in the future? I love my PL-01 to death and I would really like an alternative (preferably premium) equivalent at tier 10...

All of the BPs so far have had T10 MBTs as final rewards; and while I understand the rationale behind only adding T10 MBTs (easier to play, more popular overall, etc.), it would be nice to play a premium T10 LT with armor (the ability to hull-down and occasionally bounce large-calibre shells is very appealing to me ;).

May I suggest the CV90120-T Ghost as a possible candidate?

10 hours ago, BumbaX said:

When you want to put a tank that was first produced in 1975 (Type 74) with in the same tier with a tank that began production 10 years earlier and that ended production, if not for some export versions, in 1979 (Leopard 1) you surely have to tweak something to balance them...

When the Type entered in production the Leo was an almost obsolete tank, whose production stopped 4 years later. But i would say that what a tank is in RL, how it actually performs, does not absolutely matters in this game, that is not a realistic tank simulator, we had completely different versions of the T14 or of the Sphinx just to make an example, thee has been a time when the T14 had the best armor and was super fast, and you saw parties with 12 T14 in Random battle and Glops, and the old AC of the Sphinx was completely different of the actual one, it had more a Draco like alpha.

As long as a tank is balanced with the other ones of its tier, and when you see too many of them or never see one of them probably it is not well balanced, if it uses a different ammo of the RL one i personally don't see any problem.

Sure. We already have different era vehicles being placed in the same tier for gameplay's sake; this is no big surprise nor is it some kind of first-time thing. For example there are pre-1991 tanks (e.g. Object 490, CATTB) and tanks developed in the recent years (e.g. T-14) in tier 10.

I am only curious on what shells (name-wise) the devs plan to give to Type 74 for balance.

aMcZOFg.png

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-type-74

Like was stated above, in Armored Warfare, the Type 74 will be a Tier 5 Premium Main Battle Tank and the first on five new Battle Path reward vehicles.

Gameplay-wise, it will be a rather standard MBT with good firepower (roughly comparable to the fully researched M60A3), enhanced further by the presence of fully adjustable active suspension, which tilts both to the front and back, but also to the sides as the lowest Tier vehicle with this feature.

But before we get into any details, the usual disclaimer:

The numbers below are very preliminary as the vehicle has not been properly tested. They are sure to change and should only be discussed as an indicator of how we’d like to set the vehicle up.

With that being said, let’s start with protection – both the turret and the hull are made of steel only and will be somewhat thicker than those of the Leopard 1 MBT, which means rather thin. At best, the front of the vehicle will be able to withstand Tier 5 kinetic rounds, but most of the plates will be thinner than that and therefore more vulnerable. But this MBT won’t be that much about armor anyway, it will be about firepower and mobility.

Speaking of mobility – its 38 tons will be moved around by its 750hp Mitsubishi engine, giving it the maximum speed of 60 km/h and the 0 to 32 km/h acceleration time of 5.5 seconds. Its hull traverse rate will be roughly 35 degrees per second.

The firepower will be provided by a rather standard Japanese copy of the British Royal Ordnance L7 105mm rifled gun that fires APFSDS shells (400mm penetration), HESH shells (250mm penetration) and, of course, HE. The gun will be roughly on par with other vehicles of its Tier (roughly 6.3s reload time, 0.11 accuracy) but will feature excellent depression and elevation (-8/+9 degrees without the adjustable suspension, -14/+15 degrees with it) as well as great damage per minute value (amongst the best of its Tier and class).

Apart from tilting, there will of course be the option to make the vehicle crouch in order to increase its camouflage (19 to 23 percent) at the cost of view range (410m to 405m) and agility.

So yeah, basically a Leo 1A5 but without HEAT. It's not too big of an issue at tier 5 because HESH can still go through most things frontally, but its practical DPM will probably be lower than the 1A5.

Yeah, not too excited about it.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Yes

:sealofapproval: Can you give us an approximate timeframe? I'm assuming next year most likely?

1 hour ago, Silentstalker said:

This year, that I know of.

NUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

gachiBASS - Discord Emoji

Tier 10? Premium? Or are these details still sekrit dokuments?

The second BP reward vehicle will be a tier 6 North Korean MBT. A Soviet style MBT with 2-ATGM launcher.

aMcZOFg.png

But will it topple the Magach 7A to become the best tier 6 premium MBT?

Those launchers look exactly the same as the BMD-2M's, so the stats will probably similar. Utter overkill for tier 6, the gun will probably be garbage because of this.

Spoiler

North Koreans are known to use Bulsae ATGMs(which are reverse-engineered 9M111 Fagot used in tier 4 to 5), so I its not really going to be powerful as 9M133 Kornets.
But since its game, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like to make a prediction here:

So far, they have said for the next "Asian themed battle-path" that one of the rewards is the Japanese Type 74 MBT at tier 5.  I loved the STB-1 in WoT when it came out.

But....for the tier 10.....there is only one tank i can think of that would fit much like the previous battle paths and that would be the Japanese Type 10.

The Type 90 is already in the game as a tier 7 and is a generation too young to be really any higher than a tier 8 much less a tier 9.  The Chinese Type 99A and 99A2 series is already in the game, and there isn't really anything else in the region that is in "development" that could be brought into the game other than the hypothetical Chinese Type 5 that you can see the picture about halfway down the page here: https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/modern-tanks.php

Thoughts?

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

They already announced a tier 6 North Korean MBT, I really hope they don't release a 4th one. The MBT spam is already getting boring with everything only being slightly different, but the same in general gameplay.

I honestly can't think of any candidates for tier 9-10 MBTs, so there might be a need to go to tier 8 and below in order for make room for variants. The Al-Khalid and some of the Type 59 variants all look fairly interesting, though they don't really have any gimmicks. But I'm sure someone somewhere can probably come up with a napkin drawing to make them special anyway.

Spoiler

It was already announced. Type 10 will be the final reward. See here:

I'd love to have a LT or AFV as final reward. Would at least be a change.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Well, I guess it proves that maybe I should search sometimes for something something idiot something........ I need to go back to day drinking.....

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Two unannounced vehicles left. The next one is going to be either very fun or absolute cancer, I can't really decide. The one after - if you like the Chonker, you're gonna like that one I suspect.

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-seongun-915

With that being said, let’s start with protection as usual. The frontal armor of this vehicle will be fairly durable, consisting of frontal composite armor (including the turret) partially covered by ERA. We are looking at 600mm of protection from kinetic shells and 900mm of protection from HEAT, which will be sufficient to allow for some rather risky maneuvers. At the same time, however, it’s not all THAT much and the sides of this vehicle will be left fairly vulnerable. Additionally, the lower frontal plate will be a major weakspot, protecting the tank against autocannons only.

Fortunately, the mobility will be fairly good. Thanks to its 1200hp engine, this 44 ton tank will be able to reach the top speed of 72 km/h and will accelerate to 32 km/h in under 4 seconds. The agility will also be good with its hull traverse rate of 36 degrees per second.

Last but not least, there’s the firepower. Normally, Main Battle Tanks are pretty much defined by carrying large caliber cannon as their main weapon, which can sometimes be used to launch guided missiles from its barrel. Seon'gun-915 will be a bit special in that regard, because it will carry two separate weapon systems:

• 125mm 2A46 smoothbore cannon
  • External Bulsae-3 ATGM launcher

The cannon itself will be rather plain with APFSDS (440mm penetration) and HE shells available. The gun will depress to -7 degrees, elevate to +15 degrees and will take roughly 11 seconds to reload in its basic form. Unlike the other Soviet guns of this caliber, Seon'gun’s weapon will be manually loaded, which means that the abovementioned loading time values will be possible to improve by training your tank’s loader.

When the gun’s reloading, it will be possible to switch to the twin Bulsae-3 launcher, installed on the turret. The Bulsae-3 ATGMs are rather bulky (152mm caliber) and pretty devastating. We are looking at:

• Tandem HEAT warhead
  • 700mm of penetration
  • 700 damage per shot
  • 3 seconds between launches followed by 24 second reload

In other words, by firing your main gun, switching to your ATGMs, firing both of them and then switching back to your gun, you will be able to achieve some excellent DPM values – providing all your shots hit and do damage, that is. The ATGMs will be quite slow and not as easy to control as high-Tier missiles tend to be, so mastering them will take some practice.

As one might expect from this vehicle class, the Seon'gun MBT will not feature excellent view range (405m) or camouflage (15%). It will have one active ability at its disposal – Rapid Fire. This ability improves your vehicle's reload speed, allowing it to fire faster for a short period of time.

However, for the duration of this ability, the gun also becomes considerably less accurate and ATGMs become far more difficult to aim, so you need to time its use carefully in order for it not to interfere with your plans to launch the ATGMs.

In summation, the Seon'gun-915 MBT will be a practical, universal MBT with adequate armor and good mobility that will get you on time where you need to be the most on the battlefield. Its firepower will be quite good as well, but in order to achieve its maximum potential, you will have to cycle its two weapon systems carefully. As such, the tank will require some skill to play.

So basically BMD-2M missiles and a crappy gun on a T-72. Probably won't beat the Magach 7A in terms of overall usefulness due to the lack of DPM despite having missiles for spike damage.

What's with the recent trend of not having HEAT? First the Harimau, then the K2, now the Type 74 and this bugger.

Spoiler

Quoting SS from another thread regarding one of the remaining unannounced vehicles:

6 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Two unannounced vehicles left. The next one is going to be either very fun or absolute cancer, I can't really decide. The one after - if you like the Chonker, you're gonna like that one I suspect.

Which is this one I'd assume. Anyone got any idea what this is?
unknown.png

aMcZOFg.png