Sign in to follow this  
Crossfader

BVP M-80A

How much DPM does thing have with the twin 30mm...

All of it.

Over 22k with the AP and over 27k using HE, which at tier 5 is actually viable on quite a few targets. This thing is nuts, that's tier 8-10 DPM at tier 5, you absolutely melt everything, this is the first vehicle that I have to be careful with my ammo, you will run out. I have had to suicide in simply to get some  more ammo, while saving the Q refill for late game.

Ran a game on it in PvE earlier with Quantum_Ranger. I went with the 6 missile capacity ATGMs. Felt fine, nothing really overpowered or broken. May try the pure autocannon another time.

14 hours ago, Crossfader said:

Over 22k with the AP and over 27k using HE, which at tier 5 is actually viable on quite a few targets. 

What are the best targets for the HE in T5?  Still trying to work out the new shell mechanics and figure out the optimal loadout.  The Foka is a blast, wish I could take on the helicopters in SpecOps with it.

Speed and agility is pretty good, not very different from BMP-2 with acceleration skills.

QR

4 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

What are the best targets for the HE in T5?  Still trying to work out the new shell mechanics and figure out the optimal loadout.  The Foka is a blast, wish I could take on the helicopters in SpecOps with it.

Speed and agility is pretty good, not very different from BMP-2 with acceleration skills.

QR

Swingfire, sabre, and BMD are great, most AFV sides are also good.

Seems decent, well worth playing the missions to get it, std turret is a  good balance , twin 30's is easy to run out of ammo , Dpm slightly less than the Yorky, but much more mobile, i prolly won't play with this set up thou, because as with the York,  i feel bad going into T5 and just mowing the enemy down , must be a bit disheartening for newer players, missile boat setup not bad either, all round a solid lil tank at T5, One weird thing i did notice, when running the 6 x missile setup, if you tick the the best available ammo box, the better of the 2 missiles is greyed out, 

Armored Warfare v0.33.7316 23_09_2020 13_44_15 (2).png

Edited by Travlla (see edit history)

Twin 30mm guns is pretty useless in PvE.  Because 900 rounds lasts ~40 seconds.  Hit 'Q' for another 40 seconds of ammo.  The way I have it set up, the rate of fire is 669.5 rounds per minute.  But the twin 30mm setup uses 2 rounds every time it fires, so 1339 rounds per minute.  That's how you get that massive damage rating out of shells that do 18 damage each.

6 missiles seems useable in theory, but a 3-second intra-clip cycle plus a 40-second reload means it's actually pretty poor DPM.  Plus they're Tier 3 missiles that fly all over the place if there's any soft kill anywhere on the map, so only having missiles is ... risky and difficult.

So I like the base turret best.  The missiles are useful if you pick your targets carefully, and the gun's ammo lasts more-or-less long enough to use for all other targets.  But do prioritize using the missiles when you can or you'll still run out of AC ammo - both loads - before the mission is over.  Even with the single barrel you still only have ~80 seconds of ammo for the AC.