Haswell

In Development: CV90105 TML

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-cv90105-tml

In Armored Warfare, the CV90105 TML will be a Tier 7 Premium Light Tank. But before we tell you more about it, please note:

The numbers below are very preliminary as the vehicle has not been properly tested. They are sure to change and should only be discussed as an indicator of how we’d like to set the vehicle up.

With that being said:

Here’s the deal about Vikings (at least in the movies) – they are wild warriors who fight half-naked, rushing into the enemy head-first and dealing tremendous damage with their battleaxes before retreating back to the cover of their Drakkars (with enough loot to last a year, of course).

The CV90105 TML will kind of be like that, a vehicle meant for aggressive and fast hit and run tactics, or for careful support from cover.

cv90tml

Click the image to open a larger version

Its powerful 105mm gun will be fitted with a 12-round clip autoloader (the largest clip in the game), allowing you to fire one round per 2.5 seconds. Since the gun will be firing APFSDS (620mm penetration, 400 damage per shot) and HEAT rounds, it will reach a decent-enough damage-per-minute value of 5284 units. Once empty, the clip will take 30 seconds to reload (upgradable to 27 seconds with an additional module). The gun depression and elevation will be comfortable as well (-7/+19 degrees).

However, unlocking an additional progression firepower upgrade (available for completing Battle Path missions and challenges) is where things will start to get really fun for players who like swift and hard attacks. With the abovementioned module, the magazine size will be reduced to 5, the time between shots will be reduced to 1.3 seconds and the clip reload time will be reduced to 18 seconds. In other words, with this module unlocked, the CV90105 TML will be able to dish out enormous damage in a short span of time (although not enough to take down an MBT with a full set of hitpoints).

Combine that with decent mobility roughly comparable to the Stingray Light Tank (70 km/h maximum speed, 0-32 km/h in 3.3s), good vision range and stealth and you have one of the most potent hit-and-run vehicles in the game. It’s also worth noting that you’ll have three Active Abilities to choose from – Retreat, Rapid Fire and Zero In.

There will, however, be a major downside to all that firepower. The steel-only hide of this vehicle will barely protect it against light autocannons and trading damage with anything heavier will result in your swift and explosive demise.

As a result, this vehicle will offer two different playstyles, depending on your module choices. You can opt for a more sustained firepower with the large 12-round clip – this way you need to stay behind your own team or hide in bushes, turning your Light Tank into something like a close support Tank Destroyer. Or, you can opt for the fun option of turning your CV90105 TML into a hit and run monster. Ambush an enemy, empty the magazine into his sides or rear and immediately retreat. Regardless of your choice, getting caught in the open is definitely not advised.

Might be fun, looks to be a Stingray 2 but with a magazine gun instead of ready rack. The 12 round magazine reload looks far too long to be practical, so I'm guessing the 5 round option will be used more. Too bad there's no mention of vision control capabilities.

Gun handling should be very good if it keeps the current stats.

ak6xPHz.png

Spoiler

Looks interesting, I'll probably play around with both the 12-shot and 5-shot options.

Just looking at the minimal information we have so far, it seems like you might be able to get the reload on the 12-shot option down to just over 20 seconds if you use the appropriate upgrades, retrofits, commander skills, AND use the rapid fire ability when reloading, but exactly how low you can get it will remain to be seen (although the lack of partial reload will still probably kill the 12-shot option for most uses).

18 seconds feels a lot too long to me for the 5-shot clip, but the intra-clip rate is fast enough that it might work out.  400 damage per shot is kinda pathetic at Tier 7... 450 feels pretty weak on the Expeditionary Tank at Tier 6, for example.  The Stingray 2 at Tier 7 is a better comparison, and it gets 430 damage with 640 pen with 4 rounds and a 2-second intra-clip, and that's with a ready rack not a clip.  Its full reload is 20 seconds, but you can interrupt that any time you need to fire because it's a ready rack.  Also, 430/640 feels pretty pathetic in the Stingray 2 which is why I only carry HEAT in mine.  500/770 with HEAT only feels decent because the burst is good and it's a ready rack.

So honestly, the 12-shot clip feels like the better option to me.  2.5 seconds intra-clip is still pretty good, and if you're going to have to hide to reload anyway you might as well have 12 shots to start with and then hide for 30 seconds.  (Or, more likely, around 22 seconds fully upgraded.)  Loaded with HEAT that's likely to be pretty devastating in PvE where the bots come in waves and you can reload between waves.

Tier 6 would be nice spot for this vehicle. For tier 7 it seems rather average in comparison to Stingray 2, the 5 clip makes it a real deal (until the day of ultimate PvP balance)

3 hours ago, EbenezerScrooge said:

in other worlds it's just ztq-15 crippled with 30s reload, two tiers lower 

If the CV90105 can be compared to any tier 9 LT, it's probably best to compare it to the Anders because of the magazine loader.

Using the devs stated balancing goal of "a fully upgraded tier 7 is about as capable as completely stock tier 9" should give a rough idea of what a fully upgraded CV90105 will probably be capable of with the 5-shot autoloader.

The 12-shot autoloader is a bit of an unknown since there aren't any other light tanks in that balancing bracket with such a large capacity magazine.

Yay, more premiums better than regular tanks, it's gonna be a direct upgrade over the Stingray 2 due to short intra-clip being vastly superior in PvP environment. Combine that with non-derpy gun handling (Sting makes you regret life choices at times) and you have a Cent 105 but a bit better, with tracks, better movement and flexibility.
In PvE it doesn't sound like anything special by the looks of it, just another tank.

On 5/30/2021 at 12:42 AM, Flavio93Zena said:

Yay, more premiums better than regular tanks, it's gonna be a direct upgrade over the Stingray 2 due to short intra-clip being vastly superior in PvP environment. Combine that with non-derpy gun handling (Sting makes you regret life choices at times) and you have a Cent 105 but a bit better, with tracks, better movement and flexibility.
In PvE it doesn't sound like anything special by the looks of it, just another tank.

Interesting... to me it looks strictly worse than the Stingray 2.  I'll take a RR over a clip any day if they're otherwise roughly equivalent, and since the CV has lower damage than the Stingray it doesn't have enough of a DPM advantage in burst mode to matter.

Derpy gun?  I've never experienced that in the Stingray 2.  It's actually my favorite light tank for Tier 8 Spec Ops... I use it instead of the Buford or whatever else is available at T8.