Edit History

Spyshadow01

Spyshadow01

ScreenShot0171.thumb.jpg.8a2a78e375fc61874d5c88c2c7ab58e5.jpg

This is the AS21 Redback.  It's F A T.  It's also not completely awful.  Here's a quick rundown of what I think of the vehicle, keeping in mind that I almost exclusively play PvE.

Pros:

• A massive amount of ammo, 2000 rounds in total for the autocannon and 50 questionably-useful top-attack missiles
  • An autocannon that fires fast enough to warrant having 2000 rounds of stowed ammo, provides 20k DPM with PELE on my set up
  • PELE lets you do stupid things like pen MBT engine decks from absurd angles (even protectors!)
  • Mortar squad gets a 2nd mortar (!), AT squad gets one more guy as well
  • It has a high base view-range with modules that increase that view range further.  (my current set up has 530/560m when moving/stationary)
  • Camo loss when firing the autocannon is marginal

Cons:

• To go along with being F A T it also has relatively poor base camo
  • It's mobility is almost MBT-like, very slow
  • Poor armor, only somewhat resistant to autocannons and nothing beyond that
  • AP pen is medicore (192)
  • Autocannon damage per shot is unimpressive (23 AP, 30 PELE)
  • Top Attack missiles are finicky, and deal less damage to vehicles with unmanned turrets

In practice, this vehicle seems to excel at mid-range engagements where it can hide using terrain and its decent camo when firing.  If you can get some degree of elevation over your targets, that's even better, as the PELE rounds can really tear into the top of the turrets or other such weak spots that normal ammo could not.  The improved infantry squads also give it an edge over other infantry-carrying vehicles (especially if you prefer the mortar), which further augments its already fairly good damage potential.  However, its massive size and lack of armor makes it fairly vulnerable to getting rushed down and spotted.  This also means that maps that tend to force close-range engagements will be tough on the AS21.  I also haven't had much luck trying to reach classic AFV spots like the NE corner of Quarterback or Stormy Winter due to the vehicle's poor mobility and mediocre on-the-move camo, so that's something to keep in mind as well. 

It's also good for making puny tanklets envious of your massive girth.  As pictured here, with my AS21 alongside two tanklets.

ScreenShot0162.thumb.jpg.0cc267c5a81d49a3b0fbbe94c3ce0844.jpg 

Spyshadow01

Spyshadow01

ScreenShot0171.thumb.jpg.8a2a78e375fc61874d5c88c2c7ab58e5.jpg

This is the AS21 Redback.  It's F A T.  It's also not completely awful.  Here's a quick rundown of what I think of the vehicle, keeping in mind that I almost exclusively play PvE.

Pros:

• A massive amount of ammo, 2000 rounds in total for the autocannon and 50 questionably-useful top-attack missiles
  • An autocannon that fires fast enough to warrant having 2000 rounds of stowed ammo, provides 20k DPM with PELE on my set up
  • PELE lets you do stupid things like pen MBT engine decks from absurd angles (even protectors!)
  • Mortar squad gets a 2nd mortar (!), AT squad gets one more guy as well
  • It has a high base view-range with modules that increase that view range further.  (my current set up has 530/560m when moving/stationary)
  • Camo loss when firing the autocannon is marginal

Cons:

• To go along with being F A T it also has relatively poor base camo
  • It's mobility is almost MBT-like, very slow
  • Poor armor, only somewhat resistant to autocannons and nothing beyond that
  • AP pen is medicore
  • Autocannon damage per shot is unimpressive
  • Top Attack missiles are finicky, and deal less damage to vehicles with unmanned turrets

In practice, this vehicle seems to excel at mid-range engagements where it can hide using terrain and its decent camo when firing.  If you can get some degree of elevation over your targets, that's even better, as the PELE rounds can really tear into the top of the turrets or other such weak spots that normal ammo could not.  The improved infantry squads also give it an edge over other infantry-carrying vehicles (especially if you prefer the mortar), which further augments its already fairly good damage potential.  However, its massive size and lack of armor makes it fairly vulnerable to getting rushed down and spotted.  This also means that maps that tend to force close-range engagements will be tough on the AS21.  I also haven't had much luck trying to reach classic AFV spots like the NE corner of Quarterback or Stormy Winter due to the vehicle's poor mobility and mediocre on-the-move camo, so that's something to keep in mind as well. 

It's also good for making puny tanklets envious of your massive girth.  As pictured here, with my AS21 alongside two tanklets.

ScreenShot0162.thumb.jpg.0cc267c5a81d49a3b0fbbe94c3ce0844.jpg