Sign in to follow this  
TreeTrunkTom

Palmaria

Am I missing something about this damned thing? It feels like such a disappointment (after the M109 that is saying something). Is the other artillery line just straight up better?

On a different note I absolutely love how this thing looks and it wounds me that it's no fun at all to play. :classic_sad:

spacer.png

The Palmaria actually has a very good aim time coming from the M109 and a respectably quick reload for a single shot arty. Its greatest advantage lies in its accuracy and excellent gun depression though, these two attributes make it very capable in direct-fire roles where it essentially becomes a big squishy TD.

That being said, single shot arties in their current forms are still flat out inferior to burst fire arties like the PLZ series. You live and die by your alpha damage, and being able to throw out multiple rounds quickly for that burst alpha makes them flat out better than single shot options in most circumstances. If you're just gunning for the Paladin, the PLZ-89 is a far more pleasant grind not to mention a better performer.

On the bright side, Palmaria is objectively better than the Paladin in every practical way. I'd say it's the second or third best single shot arty after the PLZ-05 with the single shot option, and the Cent 155 which has awful gun handling but marginally faster reload.

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

let's see after the patch, that i am still downloading by the way.

It is possible that with the smoke and illumination rounds introduced a single shot arty can have a good potential as for a high burst damage one to switch to HE, smoke and illumination rounds takes time, while the single shot one can better use all the 3 types.

Maybe in the future, if the new arty will be confirmed after the test week, that we will see less results like the one showed by @Travlla, huge damage, but few spots and no spotting damage, to a situation where in some maps is the arty that gets most of the spots and spotting damage, that in PvE are well rewarded, the arty in the screenshot ranked only 4rth even if it was the better damage dealer.

5 hours ago, BumbaX said:

let's see after the patch, that i am still downloading by the way.

It is possible that with the smoke and illumination rounds introduced a single shot arty can have a good potential as for a high burst damage one to switch to HE, smoke and illumination rounds takes time, while the single shot one can better use all the 3 types.

Maybe in the future, if the new arty will be confirmed after the test week, that we will see less results like the one showed by @Travlla, huge damage, but few spots and no spotting damage, to a situation where in some maps is the arty that gets most of the spots and spotting damage, that in PvE are well rewarded, the arty in the screenshot ranked only 4rth even if it was the better damage dealer.

I play arty as arty, not some ungainly TD,(not that i wont if the situation requires it) honestly if it changes to that, they will go on the reserve list never to played again, rewards don't bother me, guys on the front line deserve it more, i only be an arthole on a few maps, the desert maps and  the island satellite map,  get spot damage sometimes :apseal:

ScreenShot0484.jpg

lol palmaria is one of the best tier 7 out there, 8 out of 10 times on a leviathan map the blue star is assured. 

And most importantly its a fun thing to play and its bouncing shots too !

If you are not in a front line on some maps, you are doying it wrong  and don't forget to use energy dring every time.