Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

In Development: Northern Wind Battle Path

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-northern-wind-battle-path

In late June, we’ll be launching Update 0.36 with a number of new features, but few will be as prominent as the next Battle Path that we are calling Northern Wind.

scr1

As you might have guessed from the name, this Battle Path is bringing several long-awaited Scandinavian vehicles to the game along with some epic Viking-themed skins and, of course, other awesome prizes.

Mechanics-wise, the Northern Wind Battle Path will be similar to the previous one. Once you acquire access to the campaign (the price remains the same), you’ll be earning Battle Coins and spending them on Battle Path progress. Battle Coins will be earned either by just playing or by completing missions. Four mission sets along with repeatable daily Battle Coin Missions and Challenges will be available like the last time. And, of course, the popular Battle Coin Shop feature will be making a re-appearance.

But let’s take a look at what you all are waiting for, the vehicles. Four vehicles will be available in this Battle Path – that’s one less than the last time, but they will definitely be worth your time.

cv90tml

CV90105 TML – this Swedish Tier 7 Premium Light Tank is the first reward vehicle of the Battle Patch, obtainable, like before, via the Level progression, specifically by reaching Level 20. It consists of a modified CV90 hull and the French 105mm-armed turret by GIAT. It was a prototype from the 1990s and one of the first attempts to convert the CV90 IFV into a fire support vehicle.

mkiv

CV90 Mk.IV – it wouldn’t be a proper Scandinavian Battle Path without the latest iteration of the CV90 IFV. This Tier 8 Premium Armored Fighting Vehicle will be extremely versatile, featuring an autocannon capable of continuous fire, Spike guided missiles and the ability to deploy Mechanized Infantry. When it comes to fire support, few vehicles will be able to match it. This vehicle will be available for reaching Level 30.

strv2000

Stridsvagn 2000 – what other vehicle could be the ultimate Battle Path prize than the Swedish Stridsvagn 2000 Tier 10 Premium Main Battle Tank from the early 1990s. This beast was designed to take on anything the Soviets could develop and field and, for its time, it was as overpowered as it was expensive. Even though the project was terminated following the collapse of the Soviet Union, you’ll have the opportunity to experience its might in Armored Warfare. Our Strv 2000 will be based on the T 140/40 concept and yes, it comes with a combination of a 140mm smoothbore gun and a 40mm Bofors autocannon. This vehicle will be available for reaching Level 50.

Strv 2000 (Click to Open)

s1

s2

s3

s4

s5

s7

Additionally, there will be one more vehicle that will be obtainable by collecting its blueprint parts in the Battle Coin Shop. This vehicle will be:

CV90120 Ghost – this Tier 9 Premium Light Tank was developed as a demonstrator for the ADAPTIV camouflage technology, making it effectively invisible in the IR spectrum. Accordingly, it will be a rather stealthy Light Tank with multiple interesting modules and we’ll tell you more about it in the near future.

gho

Aside from these prizes, four epic Jomsviking skins will be available, cladding your tanks into a suit of ring mail with shields and other items typically associated with Vikings hanging from their sides. Unlike before, however, these skins will not only be available for the Battle Path vehicles. Instead, we’ve chosen the following machines to bear the honor of becoming modern day Viking Drakkars:

• TTB Tier 9 Main Battle Tank
  • Griffin 50mm Tier 8 Armored Fighting Vehicle
  • Leopard 2 Tier 7 Main Battle Tank
  • Strv 2000 Tier 10 Tier 10 Premium Main Battle Tank

These skins will be available as rewards for the core Battle Path Level progression. There will also be a camouflage available for completing the three basic mission chains as usual, a Viking avatar and much more.

skin4

skin5

skin6

Other than that, the event’s objectives and entry price will be the same as the last time. The Echoes of War Battle Path proved to be popular enough to warrant keeping things as they were, with some smaller tweaks.

You get a CV90, and you get a CV90, everybody gets a CV90.

Spoiler

Are the devs just done adding progression vehicles to the game? Seems the only new things we ever get are just an endless stream of premiums.

10 minutes ago, Havok1o1 said:

Are the devs just done adding progression vehicles to the game? Seems the only new things we ever get are just an endless stream of premiums.

Well yes, for that year at least.

As for this BP: Looks like this is where my gold will sink into

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

On one hand I wonder why it's the 2A4 and not the 2A6 or 2A5 getting the skin, but then the 2A6 and other older progression T9 MBTs are in a weird spot and arguably have been even before 0.33.

The STRV 2000 will be packing Trophy too. Wonder how that will gel with the skin.

I would trade all these CV90 vehicles for one Strv 103, probably throw tier 10 in addition. 

2 hours ago, Havok1o1 said:

Yes there won't be tech tree progression tanks for a while - see attached image.  BP tanks are the 'new progression' tanks.

I'm looking forward to the BP - maybe some of these tanks will be fun to play.  I imagine that some of them will be quite good in the right hands...just hoping that the front of the STRV 2k isn't like an exp.tank hull - great vs AP, but blows up vs heat / HEP based shells!

image.thumb.png.cf0a4ac88d8c621a88a7562c2bcb4482.png

I'm pretty curious to see what the devs have done with these vehicles. Looking at the renders shown and some quick google searches, I'm guessing the following:

• CV90105 TML: The 3D model shows 360 smoke launchers, other than that I'm stumped. The model seems to have an interesting shell ejection hole on the left side of the turret.
  • CV90 Mk IV: Probably analogous to or heavily based on CV9035NL MLU. The 3D model shown shows the hard-kill APS (Iron Fist?), Spike-LR ATGMs on the right side of the turret, and a MG (FN MAG?) in a pod on the left side of the turret, all of which are key features on the CV9035NL MLU. One possibility that isn't entirely clear is the gun(s) that it will have access to, especially considering that the Mk III and Mk IV are designed to mount the Bushmaster III autocannon, which comes in 35mm and 50mm varieties.
  • Strv 2000: The model for this one is a bit confusing, specifically when it comes to the APS. It seems to have the warning receivers  and launchers for a hard-kill APS on the front of the turret, but it doesn't have and receivers on the back of the turret. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure if this is an oversight by the modeling team or if it indicates that the hard-kill APS will only cover a limited arc around the turret (specifically the front). If it is the latter, I am very interested to see how it will play out.
  • CV90120 Ghost: Appears to be based on a heavily modified CV90120-T which was used the basis for the PL-01 mockup. I'd expect something that has the most of the stealth capabilities of the PL-01 but loses out on firepower (if only slightly) compared to the Anders.

While I'm definitely happy that we're getting more light tanks (yay light tanks), I'm mildly disappointed that the top prize isn't one of them (although I understand an MBT version of the Strv 2000 is preferable to one of the TD or LT versions because the skill floor for MBTs is much lower in-game).

On 5/18/2021 at 9:02 PM, dfnce said:

I would trade all these CV90 vehicles for one Strv 103, probably throw tier 10 in addition. 

True, a strv103 would be nice, even while seeing how much pain the taifun is to handle... Hell, overbuff it like crazy and make it a t7 for all I care, if they don't want to add any lowtier stuff... This just feels cheap. 3 cv90s and 1 t10 mbt... On another note, see how all these models are unfinished (still in some 3d-modelling software) and compare this to previous bps announcement articles. Last minute changes or something seem quite likely imo.

I know that the notes say it'll come out with 0.36, is there an estimate at about which point in June it'll make its appearance?

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Some stuff mined from the 0.36 update. Crap ton of decals, some vehicle icons, mission descriptions.

Spoiler

97zAs2Q.pngnokQm1w.pngsUBSgY3.png3l68hRh.png

1NYtNrp.png

FKpBpLA.png

DiSGd9n.png

eTHCtLo.png

S93JytR.png

Ic89SfI.png

TXlXQGP.png

WNleAaG.png

YrGZyq4.png

obKPKCc.png

Missions and challenges look exactly the same as the previous BP, though it's anyone's guess if they will change. In case anyone wants to check them from the last BP: https://armoredlabs.net/index.php?/topic/6346-here-we-go-again-eow-bp-megathread/&tab=comments#comment-11460

BP should come some time this month after another update, the assets are not yet complete.

Spoiler

A couple of updates from yesterday (18/6/21)

unknown.png

So we are at the same grind level as the last one.  While I'm not overly happy (1 less tank) I'm still pleased they didn't wack the price up as has been done with previous years.  

And from the initial stats: 

unknown.png

It's not clear in what ways this has been done so anyones guess