Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Raid?

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-raid

During the Spirithaven announcement, we announced that there would be a special event taking place during the season. Today, we’d like to tell you more about it – we call it Raid.

scr1

The Raid event will last one month. To join the event, you’ll have to complete the fourth Spirithaven Special Operation on the Extreme difficulty or, failing that, it will also be possible to buy your way into it with 499 Gold.

scr2

Once you have the access to the event, as raiders, you’ll have a certain territory to conquer, starting from the middle. The territory is of rectangular shape and, in each corner, one of four main prizes awaits – a Samurai skin for the following vehicles: SPHINX, T-15 Armata, Al Hussein and Challenger 2.

To get to them, you have to advance a path to each corner. To advance, you have to complete various randomized missions. You will have a choice between:

• PvP missions
  • PvE missions
  • General missions (that require you to complete other Raid missions)

The requirements for each mission will be randomized as well – some may require you to play a certain vehicle class, specific Tiers or even vehicles from a specific dealer.

scr4

There are no timers in this event. You can complete as many missions as you like each day, although it’s worth noting that the missions do not change – to advance along the route you’ve chosen, you have to either complete the mission or choose a different path.

Alternatively, you have two other options that are available for Gold:

• You can automatically complete a mission using one Raider Ticket
  • You can change the mission to a different one using one Reroll Ticket

These tickets also appear as rewards as you progress through the mission, so you might save one or two for a rainy day.

For each mission completed, the next step along the route will be a Reward Point, where you claim your reward for the mission. There will be many prizes available, including Boost tokens, Insignia, Premium Time, even Battle Coins for the Battle Path that is coming in the future.

scr5

These Reward Points are also a part of your path, so you need to choose their position carefully. Either way, you can unlock every single field on the map as long as you complete the missions.

Completing all Raid missions will unlock the ultimate reward – a Japanese-themed Torii camouflage for all vehicles (its appearance depends on your base paint).

The camo and skins honestly don't interest me, but freebies are always nice.

The missions sound absolutely awful though, from the screenshot they are basically rehashes of the repeatable BP missions, complete with dealer and class restrictions that everyone complained about. If they throw in tier restrictions as well I might just flat out ignore them, couldn't be bothered to play low tiers against my will.

The unlock requirement of finishing SH4 worries me slightly, since it might mean it will be bloody annoying.

Spoiler

I also don't have any interest in new camo and skins, the format seems interesting and freebies are welcome, but if the missions are horrible I will play only the ones that actually are fun for me to play.

And for me to play low or medium tiers in not an issue, I like to play them and actually do it even if i don't have any grinding reason to do it, because I find boring playing every time at the highest tiers only, there are a lot of good tanks also at low tiers and sometimes is fun also to play some horrible one just for the added challenge, at least in PvE.

What i hate to do and I don't want to do to get some more camo or skin, or even some more boost, insignia or even premium time is to play missions that compel me to play in a not natural way, like refraining me to shoot until the enemies are at low health  to steal and farm kills, I could do such things, but I really hate to do it, and the last battle path was filled with that kind of missions. As i played normally, trying to do the best i could for the victory of the team and not for my own greed it took me a longer time to get most of those missions, still i reached the final goal. 

I don't like any of the skins either but that's more a question of taste.

I'll try it out for sure. But the part with "dealer / vehicle restrictions" already bothers me a bit as I do not own every vehicle ingame. This is aswell a problem for newbies who will find themselfes in situations where they are forced to skip missions. 

But all in all I think it is a nice idea. But we have to see how it turns out.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

They should change some of the missions. Alot of them promote selfish or bad gameplay.

Get rid of the ones where you basicly need to kill steal/damage farm.

Then you got those bring a specific dealer vehicle and be among the top. When the vehicle will be out damage out spotted by pretty much every other class.

I have yet to see any mission promoting capping or retaking caps.

And if I get another use a MARAT SHISKIN vehicle mission... I just want french,korean or us vehicles so i can grind those pvp/pve skins  while I do these raid missions