Austin5125

I hate official discord so much

I watched bunch of people just straight up banned by a mod, claiming started artificial controversy.

Some people raised a valid opinion about the recent samurai skin, and the mod just said 'yeah we don't care and you need to stop', and bam. Deleted and banned.

In honesty, I don't really care about the skin and the event. So I didn't really care about them initially, but after that behavior of the mod of 'official' discord was just disgusting.

Just suppressing the minority's opinion is not the solution you know. Its not really different from infamous Chinese censorship.

the good thing is - here you can name and shame them as much as you like.

And why not - if they did it, they did it.

And if they get named, it's their own fault for being arseholes in the first place .... :-)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

Back when AW had their "official" forums, it was just as bad.

I do recall a time when a person posted a question about a problem with the game mechanics and they were outright banned.  There was one time where someone asked if a potential to fix one of the tanks was in the works and presented a very compelling case as to why it should be in the books to be looked at and the entire thread was deleted.

You're not going to win with them.  I'm sure that the reason the mod had acted the way they did had some merit behind it, but just remember it could be worse.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Yup, this happened with me on the old forums! i disagreed with the "Status Quo" usually about things like arty and PvP vs PvE and the attitudes of the different types of players and how the devs were siding towards the PvP players. This type of talk was called "Trolling" and got me banned! Dissent was NOT tolerated back then! you had to "Toe the Party line" or get banned!

Welcome to the club! I was struck by the ban hammer because I asked Silent Stalker if he considered it normal to bark at customers in true Soviet style because when they were asking some legitimate questions. I don't even ever want to return to their stupid discord even if they would un-ban me. Like you already mentioned, it is just for the fanboys who are never asking anything at all and agree with everything they say and that is not how I function.

These guys rule by Diktat! You do as they say, you say what they want! They rule this game like They are Big Brother and this is George Orwell's 1984. Many times have i "Dissappeared" from the server or a match, because i said something in chat the moderator, (And yes, they DO have people watching the general chat.), didn't like. My personal record is 10 times in a row within 15 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

Really it is good / nice to read that my feelings about AW discord is the same as yours.

And then they think that with some " we listen to your feedback" saying we are believing things (even after we see the plain lies). 

The game is in my opinion a RU game and with that comes a RU behavior to their p(l)ayers, and most of the RU people have a significant inferiority complex (the whole world is against us versus we are the " great USSR") which they compensate with an overly superior attitude which is unsupported by knowledge and or civilized behavior. And that's is what you notice over and over again (not only in Discord but also with support).

And that's why they can't coop with (in their eyes negative) feedback. You do as the great leader says and believe everything they say and don't question anything. (Kind of: Shut the f*ck up and p(l)ay). They have the attitude that they know what's good for the game..... dont like it ? Then simply leave......