Sign in to follow this  
Pedestrian

KTO Rosomak: Honey! Where's my ammo?

Wiki article: https://armoredwarfare.gamepedia.com/KTO_Rosomak 

MyGames development article: https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-kto-rosomak

Disclaimer: The reviews are bias toward PvE and personal preference.:bagette:

Another week another review. This time, we will visit the wonderful KTO Rosomak tier 7 AFV from Poland :naziseal:*Kurwa*. 

Polish KTO ROSOMAK in Afghanistan | Army vehicles, Armored ...

A tamed Rosomak spotted outside its natural habitat in Afghanistan.

Fun fact: Rosomak in Polish mean "Wolverine", our Poland friend obsessed with stuff that have Wolf in it, ask the Wilk XC-8.

Name: KTO Rosomak 
Tier: 7 (which is the reason this thing suffer)
Class: Land Cruiser

Features: 

• Subtle movement Harder to Spot: Totally not useful since this thing is huge and firing your gun will tell the world exactly where you at. The size also not much different from the OT-64 Chonker.
  • Designated target: Vehicle has the ability to designate targets that are within line of sight and vision range. Designated targets are called out and takes increased damage. Again, you can't simultaneously fire and designate, also only be able to paint targets within your view range.
  • PELE: Want to set something on fire or destroy internal components? PELE people, PELE. (Note that due to some *balancing* the devs made, the king of PELE still is XC-8 and Auto canon PELE can be rather... weak)
  • Auto cannon only: Self explanatory. 
  • Recon package: Stay still for 5s to gain 30m of viewrange.
  • Waterproof Amphibious: This sucker took 20 seconds to drown instead of 10 and can't float.:xun:

Combat capacity: 

• Sustained Damage: Decent ammo selection, stock ammo will carry you through just fine, if this thing weren't tier 7 and only have 540 rounds... The RoF of 400rpm can be your dead sentence, taking too long to kill off enemies and no alternative fire power option. Once you unlocked PELE, re-learning where to fire and where not is vital to make PELE work and wreck anything you see, else just stick to APFSDS. Nobody cares about HE-I right... Right?
  • Defense: Not great, not terrible. The default rule of AFV is that you will never have armor, miracle bounces are your friend but knowing where to deploy is how you live. If you fancy blocking some damage, consult the Warrior.
  • Mobility:  Can be sluggish but ain't Chonker for once. You can get to places fairly ok but remember its an 8 wheeler,  drunk driving can be quite... interesting.
  • Utility: Tied with the Warrior at 410m stock view range, you really need a decent commander and toys to really spot anything on the move at long range. The camo is quite comfortable at about 33% but as soon as you start firing... brace your anus.
  • Targeting: (Carl! You send me the Russians paper again? This thing only have -5 depressing angle). With a rather high silhouette and -5/+45 gun angle, I suggest you signup for an Anti-Air division. Gun accuracy is quite impressive for AC at 0.08 mean you can be a sniper-schnitzel.

This tonk also feature troop compartment which can boost your DPS or utilities up even higher. However with the fact that you will run out of ammo almost every mission, swapping place with the BVP-M2 can help fixing almost all of its issues. For now, I rank it as a solid non noob-friendly C tier.

File:KTO Rosomak- WEM.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

WEEEEWOOO WEEEEWOOOO Rosomak

P/S: I'll start experiment with the tier ranking of A to D. S class will only be reserve for some obviously OP tank that somehow dodged all the nerf hammer. Tell me what you want me to review next. All contributions are welcome.

• Upvote 2

I'll actually argue the Rosomak becomes not too bad once you unlock the PELE rounds, especially now that you can suicide and respawn for more ammo and have infantry to boot.

As with every squishy your performance will be map-dependent, but the Rosomak suffers far more due to not having ATGMs to deal with big targets. The autocannon also inflicts a heavy camo penalty (down to 0!) so firing in bursts is absolutely crucial if you want to stay unspotted.

Best to simply grind through it with spec ops x4s and the occasional daily here and there, I definitely won't want to play it any more than absolutely necessary. The Rosomak M1 is practically the same, but at least it has those sweet autohoming ATGMs.

Spoiler

Yes, imo the rosomak was an interesting tank when it was originally introduced as the PELE was much more powerful, in PvE at that time i had faced at close distance more then an MBT just going right in front of him, right after he shots to gain those precious seconds, then disabling permanently his gun while i was destroying him frontally. its main problem at that time was its not optimal accuracy, i got temporary banned more then once for friendly fire while "helping" the MBTs that was fighting close to the enemies, even if i was actually helpful as i was doing massive damage to the red ones and only some PELE did hit the friendly ones.

I would not dare to do it any more now.

and you can surely fire with the AC in small burst, then wait that your camo rises again, but as the PvE nature is somehow a competition with the other players about who farms more damage and kills it is really hard to shine with a Rosomak, you really have to be a way better player then the team mates to get a blue star.

I am happy that its grind is for me complete, tank and crew, and nowadays i play it very seldom.

17 hours ago, Haswell said:

I'll actually argue the Rosomak becomes not too bad once you unlock the PELE rounds, especially now that you can suicide and respawn for more ammo and have infantry to boot.

As with every squishy your performance will be map-dependent, but the Rosomak suffers far more due to not having ATGMs to deal with big targets. The autocannon also inflicts a heavy camo penalty (down to 0!) so firing in bursts is absolutely crucial if you want to stay unspotted.

Best to simply grind through it with spec ops x4s and the occasional daily here and there, I definitely won't want to play it any more than absolutely necessary. The Rosomak M1 is practically the same, but at least it has those sweet autohoming ATGMs.

I do agree that PELE can make it for the tonk. Unlike HeSH, PELE can be learn quite quick and the performance is very consistent. M1 is bearable since SPIKE ATGM is a blessing.

Also also, since when did you become the chonker's fanboy Haswell :v

I like this vehicle (tho I like most vehicle in the game). The only downside for me is the lack of more phew phew PELE rounds 750 will be nice tho 1000 will be the right amount

I think that the main problem with the PELE rounds is that is too easy to spam them as often there are situations where you just fire at a tank hoping that some of them will hit some weak spot and make damage while most of them are not effective. If properly used, fired in situations where il likely that most of them do damage and even better if they have a chance to do full damage and not a reduced one even the low number of them is not a problem. 

Not in PvE, where you can reload the ammo for free and then suicide 2 times to have more, so you have 4x the starting load, not in GLOPS where you can respawn or reload reaching some map points, and mostly not in Random Battle, as there are so few situations where a Rosomak has really to carry a game and can run out of ammo even if properly use the PELE rounds.

But if many of us, me included, do this improper use of the PELE is somehow due to a bad game design, possibly the introduction of PELE, so the chance to do damage even in a situation where an AC should not do it, like frontally against a MBT, was not a wise decision. At least is the decision to spam ammo more likely to be taken instead of trying to relocate and fire from a position where an AC has chance to penetrate an heavy armored tank.

So possibly us players are not the guilty ones about it, it is how the game is designed that leads us to spam the PELE and a higher round of PELE rounds on tanks like the Rosomak that too often run out of ammo would be welcome. Even if in PvE it is possible to suicide to reload it is at least annoying and in some situations, where you hare the only tank alive and have to carry the mission to the end it is simply not possible.