Sign in to follow this  
Quantum_Ranger

1-year anniversary perspective

Just a quick post after playing AW for exactly a year now, with over 3500 missions and 70 vehicles later...

Many thanks to Haswell, TeyKey, Defnce, Knutliott, and the legions of others who have provided thoughtful advice on the forum.

Nods of thanks to Baron_Georg, Blapowski, and other contemporary teammates for support through the continual grinding.

Gratitude to all who play, because it is the player base that keeps AW alive and the server open... and to the devs (despite our grievances) who never cease to amaze us with ingenious updates. :-)

To new players just starting out (always heartening to see tagless folks driving T1 and T2s out there)... Stick to it. There are definitely peaks and valleys. Map knowledge will come eventually no matter how foggy it seems at first. There are plenty of great players out in the community willing to help, and this forum is a terrific way to learn new aspects of the game from folks who have been there, done that, and then compiled statistics on it. It's the support from the community that will keep you from burning out.

There's a reason why my warmest and most memorable moments in this game are not from epic kills or caps, but from freeing stuck and trapped fellow players.

See you on the battlefield (haha!)

DVC,

QR

• Upvote 3

didn't think I've done anything special to be given a nod, just posting things that I have had questions about.   keep up the grind :-)  thanks.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:15 PM, Baron_Georg said:

didn't think I've done anything special to be given a nod, just posting things that I have had questions about.   keep up the grind :-)  thanks.

You were brave to post an inaugural replay on this forum despite having PTSD from WoT... and it helped a lot of people, me included.