EbenezerScrooge

Mail ru secretly nerfing tanks

After the latest update my mbt-70 tier 6 mbt is way worse and nothing was mentioned in the patch notes. Note I’m playing both tech tree version and premium version every day, so I’m 100% confident.

Acceleration is noticeably worse and the average speed is now around 10km/h slower. Turning makes this tank decrease it’s speed like never before and terrain resistance is causing that I can’t reach more than 50km/h average. Even downhill tank is slowing down now lol. It is impossible to reach max speed even with oil equipment mounted, according to stats it should go over 70km/h with oil but the reality is 67km/h max.

Crew damage and module damage is now brutally frustrating 

Every single game either commander, driver or loader is death and when your driver is death you are going as fast as 10-13 km/h on a slight uphill. Almost every game the turret is stuck, the cannon is destroyed and I’m being constantly detracked, literally all the frigin time. And don’t forget that facing only your first enemy at the start of the game will result in damaged tracks, it turns yellow and you are already mobility handicapped and that is a given for every single game you play in aw.

Aiming reticule is bigger than a whole tank 60m away from you, if you are even slightly moving and you must stop in order to even hit a damn tank now. Back in the day mbt-70 used to be laser like accurate when shooting on the move 

So at first after the big tier 7-10 rebalance they were stating that mbt’s mobility is actually not nerfed and now they proceed to nerf tank in lower tier without saying a world to a paying customers (remember this game literally started with mbt-70 bundle preorders)

I don’t know what’s the situation like with other tanks as I’m playing solely mbt-70 for a couple of weeks now, but at this point I’m back to playing WOT and actually enjoying it more. 

Congratz to mail ru for destroying all the fun that’s left in this game

PS: mbt-70 view range is 70m more than any of the tier 10 mbt’s and this is the result of constant nerfing from mail ru, so you can expect that after tier 4-6 rebalance this tank will become totally redundant as it has absolutely no armor and autocannons are already shreding you frontally lol.

Without having any experience of what OP is claiming, or access to any corroborating evidence, I am inclined to wait until someone provides evidence proving or disproving OP's claims.

That said, OP seems very sure of their claim that the devs are doing what OP claims they are, so I'm sure they have some kind of hard evidence (claims of "I didn't notice this happen before" don't count since human perception is notoriously unreliable) that supports their claim.

In the event that OP is correct, I suspect that whatever changes the devs have made are only temporary and will be reversed or otherwise changed when low-tier gets its rebalance.

I guess OP talks of pvp, i made one run in pve and i liked it. I mean this tank can give a punch, it has nose-down and hull-down exploits. 

ZcIf3pi.jpg

On closer look i still fail to see much differences (presented machines with Douglas "ranger" commander, v2 reload/accel/aug optics)

5SIDTro.png 

Overall the tank has stayed broadly the same for a fair while.  It's armor has changed, but I'm talking a long time ago where you could shoot through the spotlight/vision port on the turret front for full damage with most shells.  

It's likely OP is feeling this because other tanks are now getting rebalaced around this tier, but this tank hasn't been yet.  So by the fact the tanks this thing faces are changed, it means it's less effective

Game on 11th April - Seems to still be performing well: image.thumb.png.9f7e1ecbe806ff75b5668879518de72b.png

On 4/22/2021 at 11:10 PM, MK_Regular said:

Without having any experience of what OP is claiming, or access to any corroborating evidence, I am inclined to wait until someone provides evidence proving or disproving OP's claims.

That said, OP seems very sure of their claim that the devs are doing what OP claims they are, so I'm sure they have some kind of hard evidence (claims of "I didn't notice this happen before" don't count since human perception is notoriously unreliable) that supports their claim.

In the event that OP is correct, I suspect that whatever changes the devs have made are only temporary and will be reversed or otherwise changed when low-tier gets its rebalance.

I’m 1000% sure of my claim. After the latest patch mobility is way worse especially turning is making this tank a great deal slower and yes it’s loosing speed even down hill so terrain resistance was changed somehow.

It would be totally different story if I was playing this tank only occasionally or also playing other tanks, but I’m literally playing only this tank for several weeks and it cannot be my imagination because I’ve noticed this imediatelly after the first game, when new patch came around. 

Acceleration decrease was the first thing I’ve noticed and I’m always using oil, so can’t imagine how bad it is without it. Maybe that oil is not functioning properly anymore? I have no idea, but I’m sure of my claim 

On 4/22/2021 at 9:22 PM, EbenezerScrooge said:

Note I’m playing both tech tree version and premium version every day, so I’m 100% confident.

There is no progression version of the MBT-70. There is however the KPz70 which isn't purchasable in-game (but available in the web shop for gold anyways).

Acceleration is noticeably worse and the average speed is now around 10km/h slower. Turning makes this tank decrease it’s speed like never before and terrain resistance is causing that I can’t reach more than 50km/h average. Even downhill tank is slowing down now lol. It is impossible to reach max speed even with oil equipment mounted, according to stats it should go over 70km/h with oil but the reality is 67km/h max.

Were you by any chance looking at the KPz70 instead of the MBT-70? KPz is the one with the mobility advantage and 72km/h top speed at stock, MBT has 65km/h top speed and you'll be hard pressed to hit 70 without commander skills.

Crew damage and module damage is now brutally frustrating 

Can't comment since I haven't played either variants enough to remember how they used to be compared to now, though they don't feel particularly weak or strong right now. Not amazing or horrid, but in line with pretty much all the other low tier 152mm guns (ie. Sheridan, Starshit).

Every single game either commander, driver or loader is death and when your driver is death you are going as fast as 10-13 km/h on a slight uphill. Almost every game the turret is stuck, the cannon is destroyed and I’m being constantly detracked, literally all the frigin time. And don’t forget that facing only your first enemy at the start of the game will result in damaged tracks, it turns yellow and you are already mobility handicapped and that is a given for every single game you play in aw.

Both variants have always been relatively squishy in the hull and turret frontally, even compared to same-tier peers like the Abrams and 2AV. Their armor haven't been buffed up to 0.33 standard yet, so they suffer a lot of problems when facing tier 7-8 bots that got the 0.33 treatment. My advice would be to pretend they are Leo 1s and don't get hit, anything with 600 pen AP will go straight through your turret.

Aiming reticule is bigger than a whole tank 60m away from you, if you are even slightly moving and you must stop in order to even hit a damn tank now. Back in the day mbt-70 used to be laser like accurate when shooting on the move 

Horrible accuracy is the case with every single low tier large caliber gun, nothing changed in this regard. Again, are you sure you haven't been using the KPz70 with the 120mm gun option?

PS: mbt-70 view range is 70m more than any of the tier 10 mbt’s and this is the result of constant nerfing from mail ru, so you can expect that after tier 4-6 rebalance this tank will become totally redundant as it has absolutely no armor and autocannons are already shreding you frontally lol.

Considering the 72B and Merk 2 are literally packing the equivelant of tier 8 armor right now (because it's such a brilliant idea to push 0.33 standards onto only some vehicles while leaving the rest at 0.32) , I don't think you have to worry about their armor getting nerfed.

View range reduction for MBTs overall is needed to maintain the vision control difference between squishies and non-squishies, otherwise there would be no point in playing squishies when MBTs can yoloscout perfectly fine. Not that they aren't already way better at yoloscouting because 0.33 armor as it is.

Spoiler

On 4/22/2021 at 6:22 AM, EbenezerScrooge said:

After the latest update my mbt-70 tier 6 mbt is way worse and nothing was mentioned in the patch notes. Note I’m playing both tech tree version and premium version every day, so I’m 100% confident.

Your 100% confidence is unfounded since you claim to be playing a tank that doesn't exist.

The MBT-70 was not changed.  Haswell probably guessed it correctly - you were probably playing the KPz70 and only thought you were playing the MBT-70.  Assuming you own it... because like the MBT-70, there is only a Premium version of the KPz70.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, Haswell said:

View range reduction for MBTs overall is needed to maintain the vision control difference between squishies and non-squishies, otherwise there would be no point in playing squishies when MBTs can yoloscout perfectly fine. Not that they aren't already way better at yoloscouting because 0.33 armor as it is.

By that logic, all the squishes should have their damage output severely nerfed to nothing to compensate for their increased vision.

I still don't get the vision nerf for the MBT's, even the soviet tanks could see father than they could shoot IRL. Instead of nerfing the MBT's the dev's should have buffed the scout vehicles and nerfed their damage and penetration. The LT's/TD's should have more mobility to compensate for the lack of armor and heath, but the same guns as a MBT. Using IRL meta, the MBT should be the gold standard for Firepower, Armor, and Mobility. The only reason that MBT's are not used for most tasks in the modern battlefield is cost, the only task that modern armies can justify the cost of the MBT's is for the main thrusts of the attack.

On 4/28/2021 at 4:40 AM, JintoLin said:

I still don't get the vision nerf for the MBT's, even the soviet tanks could see father than they could shoot IRL.

Because VR is a game mechanic, not a simulation of real life.  It has nothing to do with how far the vehicle's crew can see, but rather how far away they can detect enemy vehicles in a manner that is balanced for the game.  Whether or not they are tuned correctly is an entirely different question.

On 4/28/2021 at 4:40 AM, JintoLin said:

By that logic, all the squishes should have their damage output severely nerfed to nothing to compensate for their increased vision.

No, the penalty they pay in exchange for their vision is the fact that they're squishy.  They lose armor and health to gain vision range and speed.

Like Haswell said, MBTs can't have good vision or there'd be no point in playing any other class of vehicles.  They already have too high of DPM in my opinion, making gun TDs basically irrelevant.  You could give MBTs more vision, but then you'd have to nerf their armor and/or health at which point you'd have... a Light Tank.

On 4/27/2021 at 6:53 PM, knutliott said:

Your 100% confidence is unfounded since you claim to be playing a tank that doesn't exist.

The MBT-70 was not changed.  Haswell probably guessed it correctly - you were probably playing the KPz70 and only thought you were playing the MBT-70.  Assuming you own it... because like the MBT-70, there is only a Premium version of the KPz70.

I'm sorry I completely forgot that both my mbt 70 are premium. I've had mbt 70 merc (since2015) for such a long time that I forgot that my other mbt 70 without camo is also a premium. My bad :) 

And no although I own also Kpz70 I was playing only mbt70 and mbt70 merc for several weeks, every single day.

Nothing can persuade me that nothing was changed after the latest update as I was playing them every day and not just occasionally. I have no reason to lie nor it's my imagination. I have the same setup nothing was changed, only update was applied/installed. The change of speed was noticed immediately and I was literally like wtf is this ! 

As I said before maybe oil consumable doesn't work anymore I honestly don't know but loosing speed down hill is just hilarious and I play only specific maps so getting to that position is noticeably slower also moving from one cap to another on Leviathan (my favorite map) is 110% different. I simply lost 10km/h speed  in average. 

PS: Say what You want Silentstalker unfortunately you lost my trust when there is this greedy mail ru behind your back (no offense I will alway remember you as a good old silentstalker from regular aw forum) its just that how can one trust mail ru or any other greed company for that matter)and also how many mbt premium tanks we have now ? Like 4 ? I know that kpz70 is different, having HE and whatnot but it is essentially the same tank.

mbt70, mbt70 merc, mbt70 metallic chrom ,Kpz70...lol 

Thank You for answers haswell, silentstalker and all, have a great one ;)