Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

April 15 Update Notes

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-april-15

On the 15th of April 2021, starting from 8:00 CEST (14th of April, 11 PM PDT), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.35.8028

List of Update 0.35.8028 Changes

Desert Storm Raid

In this update, we are adding a number of assets for the Raid event, including:

The Raid is scheduled to begin on April 15.

Special Operation “War”

We are making the following changes to the mission:

• Reduced the overall difficulty of the mission
  • Increased the train movement time by 30 seconds
  • Changed the AI helicopter, infantry and vehicle deployment order
  • Changed the AI vehicle power for both difficulty levels
  • Improved the helicopter flight paths to make them smoother
  • On the Extreme difficulty, the train now has 11 thousand hitpoints instead of 10 thousand
  • Improved this map’s visual quality on all settings
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the sound during cutscenes to play with a delay
  • Fixed the appearance of several objects on minimum graphics settings
  • Updated this mission’s soundtrack

PvE Difficulty Changes

Starting tomorrow, the following changes will take place in PvE:

• Tiers 1 to 3 will only have the Standard difficulty available
  • Tiers 4 to 6 will have both difficulties available
  • Tiers 7 to 10 will only have the Hardcore difficulty available
  • Special Operations will only be available on Tier 4 and above

Please note that these changes are temporary, pending your feedback.

General Changes

• Rebalanced Wilk XC-8’s PELE round by increasing the effect it has on enemy modules, removing the ability to deal minimum damage upon non-penetration and by reducing the partial penetration damage to 250
  • Fixed an issue where the visual effect of an artillery shell impact and its actual server-calculated impact location could differ
  • Fixed an issue where the splash of some HE shells would disrupt the objective-capturing process in the Global Operations mode
  • B1 Draco: Fixed the radar animation on minimum graphics settings
  • M60A1 and M60A3: Fixed the ERA model in order for it to correspond to its real-life counterpart
  • Msta-S: Fixed the destroyed gun model
  • Realistic Battles: Fixed an issue where it was possible to get into the mode using vehicles normally unavailable for it by using a platoon (yes, the mode will return in the future)
  • Fixed an issue where the loading status of a player during the battle launch phase could differ between the team panel and the player list panel
  • Fixed several map object collision issues and optimized some other collision models to increase performance
  • Fixed an issue where an incorrect discount could appear while converting Gold to Credits
  • Fixed a number of small vehicle model issues

PvE changes look a bit irrelevant, I'm struggling to see who would actually play standard difficulty above tier 2.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, Haswell said:

PvE changes look a bit irrelevant, I'm struggling to see who would actually play standard difficulty above tier 2.

Agreed, but this does make a more logical progress.  Tiers 1-3 are "easy" only, Tiers 4-6 are the transition from "easy" to "hard" and you can play both to get used to "hard" while you grind, and Tiers 7-10 are "hard" only.  I do think that reducing the number of queues overall is a good thing.  There were still people playing Standard at Tiers 7-10, and now they'll be added to the Hardcore queue which should help queue times.  Same for Tiers 1-3, where people played both difficulties.  Not that much of anyone plays Tiers 1-3 these days.

4 hours ago, knutliott said:

Agreed, but this does make a more logical progress.  Tiers 1-3 are "easy" only, Tiers 4-6 are the transition from "easy" to "hard" and you can play both to get used to "hard" while you grind, and Tiers 7-10 are "hard" only.  I do think that reducing the number of queues overall is a good thing.  

Yep, may shorten queue times especially when total numbers of players are sparse. Kind of sharpens the transition between T3 and T4. On the other hand, lack of a hardcore option for T3 will make grinding any T3 longer since there won't be a hardcore credit/XP bonus available ... so it will be harder to start a new line from scratch unless you can cross over from a different dealer at a higher tier, or burn boosts/insignia to make up for the loss of bonus.

Maybe you could "unlock" the hardcore option for T3's if you have at least one T5 or something like that??

I agree there's not much utility to doing Standard at T7-10. 

14 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

I agree there's not much utility to doing Standard at T7-10. 

That is only because the base payout out in bot XP and credits is absolute shit in normal mode for grinding any progression T7 thru T10 vehicle, Hardcore it slightly better. 

What they needed to do what dramatically increase the payout for all PvE modes. If AW was truly fair, the payout for a PvE match and a PvP match should be the same. Most people would play the mode they enjoy playing based on the game play, not whoring themselves out for the biggest payout.

1 hour ago, JintoLin said:

That is only because the base payout out in bot XP and credits is absolute sh*t in normal mode for grinding any progression T7 thru T10 vehicle, Hardcore it slightly better. 

PVP=PVE only when you are playing against me (a player with skill level comparable to an AI bot.)  :-)

But one could achieve something close to your idea by re-scaling the tier multiplier...  

I definitely agree with you; am currently grinding T9 Abrams and it is really slow going, even on hardcore with the 2x daily bonus. I suppose the devs would rather have us grind it out in SpecOps.

DVC, QR

For the sake of archiving information:

Today's changelog did not mention the addition of new flag decals and banners. Some of them were mentioned in the Syrian historical camouflage page.

As per SS' reply on Discord, the following flags are added to the game: Syria, Iraq (new/current), Iraq (old, 1963-1991), Lebanon, Egypt

aMcZOFg.png

54 minutes ago, Qbicle said:

For the sake of archiving information:

Today's changelog did not mention the addition of new flag decals and banners. Some of them were mentioned in the Syrian historical camouflage page.

As per SS' reply on Discord, the following flags are added to the game: Syria, Iraq (new/current), Iraq (old, 1963-1991), Lebanon, Egypt

Wow, thanks for that. I got TKed and pushed around because I put Jordanian flag on my tanks, back when there was teamdamage in PvE. Also, Russians really, really hate EU flags on russian tanks, and there was some dude with "USMC" in his name who got really angry at me for putting UN symbol on XM1A3.

Also, I remember in old WoT test server you could put Ukrainan flag and "Donbass avenger" on russian tanks. Much anger was harvested.

20 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

Much w0w!

Such change!!

I wish we had this feature to click on while we waited in queue - think of how many ads you could view in 5 minutes!

20 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

I wish we had this feature to click on while we waited in queue - think of how many ads you could view in 5 minutes!

Don't give them any ideas. They would increase ques times just to have us watch commercials.