Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Storyline Campaign 2.0?

Basically tells us nothing except something will happen. Speculations?

Spoiler

Hey look, a decent voice acting. Now do more of that in missions please mycom.

Also, didn't world got a bit fucked with all supervolcano eruptions and we are living in Mad-Max-but-with-tanks timeline?

Well we know that guy is the villain, mysterious rich guy with a vision and a British accent.

12 minutes ago, Schlock said:

Also, didn't world got a bit fucked with all supervolcano eruptions and we are living in Mad-Max-but-with-tanks timeline?

Hey don't try and apply logic to this or use your head, that is not what the dev's need right now.

I think it might be a throwback to the previous story line events:

https://aw.my.games/en/about/lore/storyline-campaign

Where each player picked a side and 'played' for them.  Maybe they'll do this to see what direction storyline (or spec ops?) goes?  Don't know how they could. Perhaps a soft reboot of the franchise story line wise, or a prequal? 

2 hours ago, Haswell said:

Speculations?

AW merged into warface, gratis credit card with 20K USD limit for in-game microtransactions.

Whatever this is, it should be more interesting than the Desert Storm Raid event.... perhaps this is the event that is supposed to run alongside / after it for those of us who don't need more skins.

QR 

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/storyline-campaign-registration

Before you lies the beginning of a year-long story-driven campaign, which will be unlike anything you’ve ever participated in. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the world of Armored Warfare and the event itself by your decisions and, yes, obtain valuable prizes, the quality of which will also be yours to decide.

Follow the steps and decide the actions of Samuel Thorpe, a young mercenary hired to do a job, the consequences of which may shake the corporate world he finds himself involved in.

So, how does this all work?

Imagine the Storyline Campaign as a meta-event that overarches everything that’s happening in Armored Warfare. Its goals and objectives can be tied to any mode or any other ongoing event. At the same time, the Storyline Campaign has its own set of rules that you have to follow and the consequences of your activity and choices will be very real.

You may also imagine the Storyline Campaign as something of a tabletop RPG campaign (think Dungeons & Dragons) with us being your game master. We will ask you to make choices. The abovementioned consequences will afterwards affect not only the campaign, but also the world of Armored Warfare and your rewards. For example – if you choose to let a character die by not completing the objective to save him or her, that character will definitely not become a game commander further down the line, nor will he or she help you in the campaign.

The progress of the campaign will be possible to track via a dedicated page on our portal, which is currently still in development, but will be ready by the time the campaign launches.

Episodes, Objectives and Multipliers

The campaign will be split into multiple episodes, each with its own sets of requirements and rewards. The goals of each episode will be decided with the state of the game in mind.

As a baseline, we are looking at something equivalent to roughly 21 battles per week (or 3 battles a day). The baseline requirement will increase (or decrease) with a large number of difficulty multipliers depending on your performance or the choices you make during the campaign. For example, making a smart choice in an episode will decrease the difficulty of the next episode (while keeping the rewards the same), but a series of bad choices may ramp up the difficulty significantly.

While the multiplier itself doesn’t affect the rewards directly, sometimes, there will be multiple ways of completing an objective and the more difficult way (if completed by enough participants) will yield higher rewards for everyone. In such cases, you may intentionally choose to ramp up the difficulty to get your hands on better rewards. There will be many situations where the risk will be worth it and how much risk are you willing to take is up to you.

And last but not least, there will be secret objectives that only a handful of you will uncover. Only the most skilled, intelligent and dedicated players will ever get their hands on these special, ultra-valuable prizes.

Do we have you intrigued?

If this campaign intrigues you and you want to participate in it, please register to it using the link below.

register
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc7GVXTG2S3kXHW01Pzzb5cbuvfBFwRtq7Ag29Ud3YrZGzp_w/viewform

Please note:

• Registration is mandatory, the unregistered players will not be eligible for rewards
  • Please make absolutely sure you spell your ingame name correctly in the registration (including capital and special characters – if your in-game name is “Levin”, for example, entering “levin” will not work)

And last but not least, this event is currently only available for aw.my.games and Steam accounts. Accounts registered via the armata.my.games game center (colloquially known as “Russian accounts”) are not eligible to enter this event. This is not the final decision; if there is enough interest to enter the event, it may become available on the armata.my.games portal as well.

The registration will end one day after the launch of the first episode of the Storyline Campaign, titled “Prologue”, due to start on June 1, 2021.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)

Spoiler

I registered, but honestly I doubt that this is going to be something I want to do.

1. 21 games per week?  For 52 weeks?  Talk about grind-fests.  Sure, that's totally doable for a shorter duration, but an entire fucking year?

2. I strongly suspect this is going to require PvP to "complete" at an individual level.  The last Storyline Campaign did.  That's a hard no for me.

3. As the last Storyline Campaign proved (towards the end), there exist a significant number of players who just want chaos and so will deliberately "make the wrong choice" just to make things more difficult.  There were a couple of clear choices in the last Storyline Campaign where the "easy/right" answer was obvious, but these players intentionally chose the "harder/wrong" option just for the luls.

I would expect they set easy entry conditions at beginning, initially a player won't notice these 3 battles for a half of year, but then later the whole thing can become much harder. These players who are invested time in it, may have a dilemma to either drop the event or to keep doing it with elevated requirements.

All this happened before ... 

Initially the event looked as pve stuff for lore-addicted people with optional pvp tasks (well rewarded though). Things like voting seemed random and public tended to pick least reasonable choices. IIRC on some mid-term of AGDS 2017 event stage added "must-have" pvp requirements and many participants refused to take part any further. At the end the number of participants reduced several times compared to what was on the start, and to the final only just above 1K players completed it (sum of NA + EU). Somewhere there you can even find a list with nicknames who won free AGDS (still nice to see my nick #228).

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/storyline-campaign-conclusion.

By the way I wonder if new event follow this approach, seems pragmatic one. 

Are you interested in obtaining it but haven't completed Episode 1 or Episode 2? Fear not – you will have a chance to catch up in Episode 3, coming in September 2017 – but be warned, the objective will be quite difficult

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/introducing-ultimate-storyline-campaign-reward

5 hours ago, dfnce said:

I would expect they set easy entry conditions at beginning, initially a player won't notice these 3 battles for a half of year, but then later the whole thing can become much harder.

Thanks for the links, looking at the 2017 storyline - yep, the initial missions were pretty straightforward, but towards the end it looks very grindy.

A problem with episode 1 is that if you didn't have the tank for the objective, you would get shut out of a chance to get the end reward straight away... hopefully this time there are more choices and (at least early on) fewer requirements to complete objectives with tanks that I don't have (a la Raid).

I suppose if one is going to grind the BP anyway, might as well get a few more rewards for doing it.

QR

10 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

A problem with episode 1 is that if you didn't have the tank for the objective, you would get shut out of a chance to get the end reward straight away... hopefully this time there are more choices and (at least early on) fewer requirements to complete objectives with tanks that I don't have (a la Raid).

That time they offered progression tanks to buy - Bradley and Abrams - in cash shop. 

On 5/27/2021 at 10:04 AM, dfnce said:

I'm #977 on the list.

I do like the concept of a Storyline Campaign, but their execution (as is pretty much always the case) is lacking.  I really don't like how they change the requirements after you've started because that's bad 2 ways.  Some players will have started playing and now don't like the requirements, so they will quit.  Others will have never started because they didn't like the original requirements, and are now so far behind that they feel its futile.

Pretty much all of my PvP and GLOPS missions were to complete the original Storyline Campaign, and I really hated having to do them.  We were promised that we'd be able to complete the campaign in any mode, but they changed their minds and required all modes.  They can make changes like that during a RAID or Battle Path as well, but since those are shorter (dramatically shorter in the case of a RAID) they're less likely to do so.  Why bother?  The event will be over in 1-3 months anyway.  But a year-long Storyline Campaign?  I feel like we're basically guaranteed to see major changes to the rules and requirements along the way.

That really makes me not want to bother.

But... it's free, so I registered.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, knutliott said:

I do like the concept of a Storyline Campaign, but their execution (as is pretty much always the case) is lacking. 

But... it's free, so I registered.  We'll see.

So am I missing something??  I registered, but haven't heard a peep after that.

Prologue was supposed to start 1 June, then later was edited to 2 June, and it's 2 June here in the US.... maybe it launches with the 3 June server maintenance??

QR

5 minutes ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

So am I missing something??  I registered, but haven't heard a peep after that.

Prologue was supposed to start 1 June, then later was edited to 2 June, and it's 2 June here in the US.... maybe it launches with the 3 June server maintenance??

QR

image.png.00008f358e6cb2485a7c93e57ac23c51.png