Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

News: Scavenger Run Is Here!

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/scavenger-run-here

NEWS

SCAVENGER RUN IS HERE!

APR 05TH | 2021

Commanders!

Today, we’d like to tell you about one new feature that may perhaps not exactly be long-awaited or ground-breaking, but we do hope you’ll find it useful nonetheless. It is a mini-game called Scavenger Run.

scr1

So, let’s talk about Gold. It’s a premium currency you can use for all sorts of things, but, perhaps most importantly, Gold really comes in handy during an active Battle Path, in which it can be exchanged for Battle Coins.

scr2

Starting on April 5, you’ll be able to earn a major bonus to your next Gold purchase (even a truly massive one, like 80 percent) by participating in the Scavenger Run event. In other words, in case you win such a bonus and buy 1.000 Gold, you’ll receive 1.800 Gold instead. And that can make one hell of a difference (please note, however, that the maximum amount of bonus Gold obtainable this way is 10.000 Gold).

scr3

Scavenger Run is, in its core, a very simple event. There are many ruined and abandoned objects across the world of Armored Warfare and your friendly neighborhood arms dealer ran across one of them. You are now being hired to scout it out. On a small map, you choose one of three bases and then scout its three warehouses by clicking on them. Depending on your finds (determined randomly), you will receive a sizeable bonus to your next Gold purchase.

scr4

This event will be occasionally active for several days (the counter in Garage will always tell you how much time is left), so if you’re planning to stock on Gold for the next Battle Path or simply want to boost your progress right now, it’s the perfect opportunity to do so.

We hope that you’ll enjoy this new mechanic and, as always:

See you on the battlefield!

So, in the garage there is the percentage and timer.

So if you were to buy the gold, where do you go to do it at?

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

This example says "180% bonus for the next Gold purchase" but in my garage it shows a button that says "Bonus +180%".

So which is it?  If I buy 1000 gold, do I get:

1800 - my purchase of 1000 multiplied by 1.8
-or-
2800 - my purchase of 1000 plus another 1800 (i.e. +180%)?

Reading the button in game there is no question - I should get 2800.  The example is open for interpretation, but in English it should mean you receive 2800.  That a bonus of 180%, which should be on top of your actual purchase.

Has anyone tried it?  What's the actual answer?

bonus.png

3 minutes ago, Katsumoto said:

So, in the garage there is the percentage and timer.

So if you were to buy the gold, where do you go to do it at?

Once you play the minigame (which isn't really a game), the button changes as pictured above and you click that to purchase gold through the in-game interface.

1 hour ago, knutliott said:

Once you play the minigame (which isn't really a game), the button changes as pictured above and you click that to purchase gold through the in-game interface.

It's not working on my end which is why I'm asking unless I'm missing something.

7 hours ago, knutliott said:

Has anyone tried it?  What's the actual answer?

Got 120% bonus, bought 2000, received 4400.

8 hours ago, knutliott said:

This example says "180% bonus for the next Gold purchase" but in my garage it shows a button that says "Bonus +180%".

The news article is written in such a confusing manner near everyone who I know didn't really get it. Idk why you would release such an unclear mess to the players who usually even don't understand simple things and on top of that mess up with the translations. Should be as Schlock said +X%

6 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

It's not working on my end which is why I'm asking unless I'm missing something.

So you got the bonus gold button but when you click on it nothing happens? What should happen is that it opens the my.games overlay with the gold purchase website. Maybe check if you disabled that overlay somehow.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

In full screen mode the gold purchase interface breaks - black screen, non responsive, if you switch back and forward with alt-tab.

I got mine bonus 150%. That 20 euro pack which should give me 4200 + 4200 + 2100 = 10500 gold, that is still 4500 short to buy out BP access (15 k) which last cash price was below 30 euro. I think that for the purpose of buying BP access it is better to spend cash.

(don't spend money for purchasing gold in advance unless there is exact goal or purpose to use it right now).

3 hours ago, dfnce said:

In full screen mode the gold purchase interface breaks - black screen, non responsive, if you switch back and forward with alt-tab.

Yes that as well. Had to lock my pc and basically force restart it couple times because of it. Quality coding.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

11 hours ago, TeyKey1 said:

So you got the bonus gold button but when you click on it nothing happens?

Yeap, nothing happens.  

11 hours ago, TeyKey1 said:

What should happen is that it opens the my.games overlay with the gold purchase website. Maybe check if you disabled that overlay somehow.

Yeah, because I don't have some "sooper sekrit" check box checked somewhere......No overlay, no item hidden in the task manager.  Zip.  Zero.  Zilch.  Null.

I'll take the answer below as my hot take on it.....

7 hours ago, TeyKey1 said:

Quality coding

On 4/5/2021 at 11:50 PM, Schlock said:

Got 120% bonus, bought 2000, received 4400.

That's good to hear, thanks Schlock!

That means I should probably go ahead and use my 180% bonus.  Buying the 4200 Gold pack will get me 7560 in bonus, which is about as good as you can do since the max bonus is 8000.  And that will only cost 20 EU!

Confirmed.  I had a 180% bonus, bought a 4200 Gold pack, and received 11760 total.

Also, they're doing the EU to US$ conversion wrong... almost backwards.  20 EU should be around $23.50, but it was instead $18.  That's not literally reversing the exchange rate, so they just have something set backwards and are charging less in US$ than they are in EU.