Sign in to follow this  
mutsami

Severe Texture flickering, need help

Like the title says, im getting pretty severe texture flickering constantly on any maps. Its duration is half a second but sometimes an entire texture swaps to black for a fraction of a second. Its really irritating and frankly i dont want to play anymore. Tried all possible settings, windowed, full screen etc... tried chaning my display settings, changing refresh rate, AA, vsynch, nothing is working. Anyone with similar issues? Also any possible help would be appreciated. The GPU is brand new and is not faulty, all other games work fine. Tried underclocking as well..

spacer.png

Looks like a game issue more than hardware. Hardware issue tend to give you artifacts and other things that won't show up on screenshots, this isn't it.

How rapid do the textures flicker, and at what distance? This might be from a bad LoD setting or shaders, do you have other screenshots showing this effect?

Spoiler

While playing realistic battles I noticed quite a lot of flickering on all maps as well.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

15 hours ago, Haswell said:

Looks like a game issue more than hardware. Hardware issue tend to give you artifacts and other things that won't show up on screenshots, this isn't it.

How rapid do the textures flicker, and at what distance? This might be from a bad LoD setting or shaders, do you have other screenshots showing this effect?

The flicker itself lasts about 0.2-0.5 secs and what I see on my end is a black texture, but after recording the flicker and going frame by frame this is what happens to textures before they flicker to pitch black. Its easiest to replicate this in the garage so I dont have ingame footage. Tried reinstalling. My reasoning is that the support for maxwell + gpus is bad since on my gtx 960m there was no such issue at all. I speculate its something to do with GDDR6 memory. I tried telling the devs but got no answer...

spacer.png

In nVidia panel settings you may find set of texture filtering options, like negative compensation and anisotropic optimizations. Turning them off reduces the issue to certain degree but not completely. 

AW is only game having such issue (blinking caused by random swap of proper texture and black color filler texture of selected objects) and it exits for me since 0.33 when they claimed to "optimize" something. Also I noticed this issue in vids of streamers of AW on YouTube and they seem not pay attention on it. My card is 1.5 yo RTX 2060 and it performs ok in high/highest quality 2K/60fps settings in many games.